Carmelo has only made it past the first round twice in his 12 year career

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
Carmelo's best teamate has been 33 year old Chauncey billups. :camby: with this shyt

Melo's teammates have actually been quite underrated throughout his career.

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
not really his fault. what year was he supposed to advance past the first round and he didn't?

03-04 - vs. T'Wolves and MVP KG.. nope.
04-05 - vs. Spurs who went on and won the championship.. nope.
05-06 - vs. Clippers with Cassell, Brand.. nope.
06-07 - vs. Spurs who went on and won the championship. nope.
07-08 - vs. Lakers who went to the finals.. nope.
08-09 - vs. went to the WCF and lost to LA that won the championship that year.
09-10 - vs. Jazz with D-Will, Kirilenko and Boozer. This is one is debatable.
10-11 - vs. Boston who smashed them.. nope.
11-12 - vs. Heat who went to the finals.. nope.
12-13 - came out of the first round and lost to Indy.

then he missed the playoffs two years straight with trash teams.

I count three playoff series that Melos teams weren't clearly outmatched. Those are Clips in 06, Jazz in 2010 and Indiana in 2013. Clips and Jazz were probably still better teams but yeah, he probably should've won one of those series.. And the Indy series was in the second round and they were on the same level as Knicks, maybe a little bit better.

In conclusion, he should've won one, at MOST two series that he didn't. Not too bad in 10 playoff seasons. I give him props for winning against Boston in '13, they had experience and I honestly thought the Knicks would have a meltdown (and they almost did in game 6, lol).

You don;t even have to include the Knicks teams. People been shyt talking Melo since Denver. The fact of the matter is, Melo never lost a series he was favored to win. People will say, "Well, why wasnt he ever favored?" Unfortunately for him, it was the competition. He lost in the first rounds to the Lakers/Spurs teams that either won or were in the Finals like 6 or 7 times. He lost to MVP KG. That Jazz team was just better. That Clipper team he lost to, took the Suns (either the 60 win team or the 55 win team, cant remember) 7 games and they were a finals favorite. Anyone who asks these questions about him werent watching basketball and just looking at records and shyt. I remember the games and the teams and Im not even a Nugget fan. What series did anyone expect him to win or did he underachieve on? Losing to 50-60+ win western teams makes him a scrub?

People dont like him and thats all cool but to act like those teams were ever favored to win a series during his western playoff run is naive or ignorant. :yeshrug:

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
Melo should've been in the Finals in 09 if George Karl wasn't an imbecile. Denver let LA off the hook multiple times in that WCF.

Melo would have quite a few deep postseason runs if he spent his entire career in the East. West was crazy deep during his run in Denver
Yeah blame nikkas like JR Smith who can't even make an inbound pass

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
I feel stupid for even bein in this garbage ass thread..

It's beneath me

dT6zZCB.gif

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Melo should've been in the Finals in 09 if George Karl wasn't an imbecile. Denver let LA off the hook multiple times in that WCF.

Melo would have quite a few deep postseason runs if he spent his entire career in the East. West was crazy deep during his run in Denver

And yet his teams in the West actually fared better than his teams in the East have. Not sure why people stay bringing up this conference shyt in light of that fact and the fact that he's been in the East for 5 years. Funny how that West/teammate shyt doesn't work as an excuse for CP3.

JerseyFinest!

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Trenton, New Jerz
You don;t even have to include the Knicks teams. People been shyt talking Melo since Denver. The fact of the matter is, Melo never lost a series he was favored to win. People will say, "Well, why wasnt he ever favored?" Unfortunately for him, it was the competition. He lost in the first rounds to the Lakers/Spurs teams that either won or were in the Finals like 6 or 7 times. He lost to MVP KG. That Jazz team was just better. That Clipper team he lost to, took the Suns (either the 60 win team or the 55 win team, cant remember) 7 games and they were a finals favorite. Anyone who asks these questions about him werent watching basketball and just looking at records and shyt. I remember the games and the teams and Im not even a Nugget fan. What series did anyone expect him to win or did he underachieve on? Losing to 50-60+ win western teams makes him a scrub?

People dont like him and thats all cool but to act like those teams were ever favored to win a series during his western playoff run is naive or ignorant. :yeshrug:

CAA worked hard on changing Melo image..A lot the white writers wanted him to be another A.I.

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
CAA worked hard on changing Melo image..A lot the white writers wanted him to be another A.I.
Carmelo was the "thug" to Lebron's cleaner image. They created that dynamic when they arrived in the league. Melo's personality and relationship with Karl didnt make it any better but he was just a kid. He made it easy for the marketing ploy and it didnt help that Lebron was getting better.
Its just basketball and none of these nikkas my family so I couldnt care less.

If people fall for it and care about others opinion about your entertainment value of a sport/player then they already lost. I dont watch movies because they said someone was a good actor, I determine myself if someone is good and watch accordingly. Its the same for sports. I dont listen to someone else about a player, I use my own eye test, not theirs. Either way, I dont lose any sleep over it at night.
:manny: