Carlton Banks Was The Realest Character On Fresh Prince

Laidbackman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL, but rasied in DMV
I never watched an episode all the way through. But the few times I glanced at the show, I got the impression that the sisters liked Will, and Carl would wound up dating White girls.

ball15life

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The unknown
Some of those were taken out of context though.

Will was about to square up with Glenn

Will got shot because he was protecting Carlton

Will fought Riddikk for Carlton

etc

Nope. Coddled, complacent in the "safety" afforded him by his parents, and blind as fck. Entitled and infected.

Carlton: The police were doing their job. We were detained a couple hours, and dad came and got us out. The system worked.

Will: I hope you like that system, because you're gonna be seeing a lot more of it in your life.

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
Nope. Coddled, complacent in the "safety" afforded him by his parents, and blind as fck. Entitled and infected.

Carlton: The police were doing their job. We were detained a couple hours, and dad came and got us out. The system worked.

Will: I hope you like that system, because you're gonna be seeing a lot more of it in your life.

Conveniently left that episode out...that shyt was pathetic.

Daps
Carlton represented an idealistic view of a Black conservative and Will was a Black liberal.

The family unit vs the single mom. The strong work ethic vs the playboy that wanted to take short cuts.

Someone wrote an essay breaking it all down a few years ago. I didn’t realize it as a kid but watching the show recently the messaging is really obvious. They weren’t even trying to hide it.

Will came from a world where the women controlled everything (feminism) and Uncle Phil has to teach him how to be a man.

Damn I never even thought about it

:ohhh:

During the show it felt like Will transformed so much more than Carlton. Carlton matured but the essence of who he was never changed. Will had to grow up a lot and Uncle Phil really helped him become a man. Shyt is deep.

Hersh

Superstar
Daps
Carlton represented an idealistic view of a Black conservative and Will was a Black liberal.

The family unit vs the single mom. The strong work ethic vs the playboy that wanted to take short cuts.

Someone wrote an essay breaking it all down a few years ago. I didn’t realize it as a kid but watching the show recently the messaging is really obvious. They weren’t even trying to hide it.

Will came from a world where the women controlled everything (feminism) and Uncle Phil has to teach him how to be a man.

boyz in the hood.. same shyt

Carlton Banks

Upper Class
Bushed
Supporter
Daps

Conveniently left that episode out...that shyt was pathetic.

You think Carlton saw more of the system in his life? :jbhmm:

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
This is at least the third thread I've seen in the last year or so about Carlton being the realest character on the show. And they all bring up the same points. :mjlol:

What I find interesting is how many posters love Carlton but hate Will. If Fresh Prince came out today, everybody would be calling Carlton a c00n. :dead: