badtguy

Superstar
Daps
It seems negros on the Coli have trouble with reading comprehension. :ohmy:

And I don't to go anywhere because I live in the tri-state and had many Dominican friends and messed with many nasty Dominican thots. You clearly must not be Caribbean yourself because Dominican culture clearly has Caribbean influence. :heh:

Nikka what don't you understand, DR is in the Caribbean no doubt. If you are of west indian decent or atleast grew up in the tri-state state area.

You know that most nikkas is not considering dominicans as west indian. Duh

Even dominicans ain't calling themselves west indians tf are you talking bout? It don't matter what they influence is, if that's the case then nikkas would call ricans, cubans, Panamanian-----> west indians but nikkas don't.

Get off the coli and stop fantasizing writing geographic articles n shyt. Outside THE Coli and probably just you frfr, no one is calling dominicans west indians.

badtguy

Superstar
Daps
:mjlol:Either you agree or you don't agree, teach a linguistic class or geography and move on cornball. If you disagree with my list that's cool.

But arguing that nikkas consider Dominicans as west indians is dumb and NOT reality.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
West Indian and Caribbean are not interchangeable terms. You find Dominicans anywhere you find Cubans, Jamaicans, Haitians, Ricans...makes sense to group them.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Nikka what don't you understand, DR is in the Caribbean no doubt. If you are of west indian decent or atleast grew up in the tri-state state area.

You know that most nikkas is not considering dominicans as west indian. Duh

Even dominicans ain't calling themselves west indians tf are you talking bout? It don't matter what they influence is, if that's the case then nikkas would call ricans, cubans, Panamanian-----> west indians but nikkas don't.

Get off the coli and stop fantasizing writing geographic articles n shyt. Outside THE Coli and probably just you frfr, no one is calling dominicans west indians.

JESUS FREAKING CHRIST CAN YOU READ!???? How many times do I have to tell you that Caribbean=/=West Indian. West Indian is a term mostly used for ENGLISH speaking Islanders. Haitians are not called West Indians but yet are still Caribbean and their culture is Caribbean. And freak the Tri state area how about you actually go to the island of DR hell on a cruise because the culture there is Caribbean influenced. Many Dominicans I met KNOW their Caribbean but they just consider themselves Latino first.

No ones fantasizing anything you're just a moron.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
Not in NY no one call dominican girls west indian or carribeans

They Spanish lol hell growing up haitian werent even considered west indian
Dominicans are Caribbean:hhh:im Caribbean from the tri state

West Indians are folks from the English speaking Caribbean (there used to be a West Indies Federation before the independence of the English speaking islands) but now the term includes Haiti and the French islands

Also many Panamanians in New York may consider themselves West Indians because they have ancestry from the English/French speaking Caribbean as well

@Poitier Dominicans don't really live with other Caribbean folks except for ricans.... the Spanish caribbean folks tend to seperste themselves from their Moreno brothers :mjpls:
Except for nuyoricans

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
@Poitier Dominicans don't really live with other Caribbean folks except for ricans.... the Spanish caribbean folks tend to seperste themselves from their Moreno brothers :mjpls:
Except for nuyoricans

same states and cities:yeshrug:

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
same states and cities:yeshrug:
States, yes but on the neighborhood level no. For example in NYC youll find more Dominicans living in Latino neighborhoods than Caribbean neighborhoods where they are not the majority whereas a Haitian or Panamanian or Dutch Antilleans will live in a Caribbean neighborhood regardless of the majority group

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)

West Indians are folks from the English speaking Caribbean (there used to be a West Indies Federation before the independence of the English speaking islands) but now the term includes Haiti and the French islands

Also many Panamanians in New York may consider themselves West Indians because they have ancestry from the English/French speaking Caribbean as well

Except for nuyoricans

Where I live there are plenty of Dominicans living next to other Caribbeans and AAs. In my high school many of the Dominicans actually hung around more blacks than they did with the Guatemalans/Mexicans. Havastraw is definitely like that.

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
Where I live there are plenty of Dominicans living next to other Caribbeans and AAs. In my high school many of the Dominicans actually hung around more blacks than they did with the Guatemalans/Mexicans. Havastraw is definitely like that.
The burbs are different I think but In the city it's not like that
Dominicans primarily live uptown or the Bronx in majority or plurality Dominican neighborhoods . Out in Queens and BK they are noticeably in small numbers in the Caribbean neighborhoods

badtguy

Superstar
Daps

West Indians are folks from the English speaking Caribbean (there used to be a West Indies Federation before the independence of the English speaking islands)

Dominicans are carribean that's not being disputed what is being disputed is grouping them together with other groups trini ja, Haiti, etc.

My assumption is based off what your average person thinks when a person says west indian.

Panamanians have west indian roots no doubt and are more likely to black. But NYC has smaller Afro Honduran population who are also black with west indian roots aswell--> do they get included to? I keep it simple only identifying those who identify as west indian and those who others identify as west indians.

I specifically left out Spanish speakers because they identify as Spanish before "west indian or carribean" except Panamanians--but there are many who identify as Spanish aswell.

Lol. No one is arguing that, what I'm saying is how they identify and how others identify them. matters more.

most DR folks have no problem with blacks, other carribean countries. But they would probably think twice or hesitate to say DR should be grouped with jamaica, Trini, etc.

Perspectives may vary from borough to borough. I'm not a PC type of cat, if dominicans like to be called Spanish imma call them that.

If the list is baddest Spanish jawns imma include the below as all have carribean influences
1) DR
2) Panamanians
3) Ricans
3) toss up between Honduran and colombians .

• Dap
Reactions: Dip

BigMan

Veteran
Daps

Dominicans are carribean that's not being disputed what is being disputed is grouping them together with other groups trini ja, Haiti, etc.

My assumption is based off what your average person thinks when a person says west indian.

Panamanians have west indian roots no doubt and are more likely to black. But NYC has smaller Afro Honduran population who are also black with west indian roots aswell--> do they get included to? I keep it simple only identifying those who identify as west indian and those who others identify as west indians.

I specifically left out Spanish speakers because they identify as Spanish before "west indian or carribean" except Panamanians--but there are many who identify as Spanish aswell.

Lol. No one is arguing that, what I'm saying is how they identify and how others identify them. matters more.

most DR folks have no problem with blacks, other carribean countries. But they would probably think twice or hesitate to say DR should be grouped with jamaica, Trini, etc.

Perspectives may vary from borough to borough. I'm not a PC type of cat, if dominicans like to be called Spanish imma call them that.

If the list is baddest Spanish jawns imma include the below as all have carribean influences
1) DR
2) Panamanians
3) Ricans
3) toss up between Honduran and colombians .
You right

Black Hondurans are :ehh:

Many of them have Jamaican or Garifuna roots and if they live in BK may identify with West Indians

Famous ones being Taxstone

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Jamaican @itsjustajlove
T7wpq19.jpg

giphy.gif

gU2HleF.jpg

IMx6ieL.jpg