Carb cycling unappreciation thread.

Jeepz

Lay off the salt
Daps
Gonna bump this old ass thread. Nice progress. Hows your success so far since September?

I put my clients on a similar diet, but something they can keep doing forever.

I think carbs are essential for building and maintaining muscle... and sanity.
So, I put them on a 5:2 cycle... 5 days are high carb, low fat, moderate protein. Eat at maintenance TDEE.
2 non-consecutive days (pref. rest days) are low carb, high fat, moderate protein. Eat at 50-70% of TDEE.

This way, they can perform at the gym, but days they have off they can maximize fat loss.

High compliance, minimal misery, great results. Can't ask for more.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Gonna bump this old ass thread. Nice progress. Hows your success so far since September?

I put my clients on a similar diet, but something they can keep doing forever.

I think carbs are essential for building and maintaining muscle... and sanity.
So, I put them on a 5:2 cycle... 5 days are high carb, low fat, moderate protein. Eat at maintenance TDEE.
2 non-consecutive days (pref. rest days) are low carb, high fat, moderate protein. Eat at 50-70% of TDEE.

This way, they can perform at the gym, but days they have off they can maximize fat loss.

High compliance, minimal misery, great results. Can't ask for more.

I fluctuate between 193 and 196. Since I can't work out like I want and because of the crazy hours I work I'm good with that for now. My eating habits have forever changed. In the spring time I'm going to work on getting more cut. I'm going to start a new thread around that time. My final target is to end up fluxuating between 188 and 192 permanently while working out 3 to 4 days a week to maintain.

The main things I've learn is.

1. Hunger pains sometimes lie.
2. Sleep is an underrated weight loss tool.
3. Picked healthy foods and snacks so even when I eat on impulse it won't hurt me.
4. Knowing when I'm satisfied. I eat 6 to 8 times a day but it's in snack size portions. It gives my body a chance to digest. And I'm never hungry, and when I am it only takes a little bit of food to fill me up.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is kind of way i shy away about talking fitness...Adam3000 took out a lot of time to reasonably break down a concept that OP needed, and it was just dismissed

Yes everyone body is different, that doesn't mean you're doing things as efficiently or correctly as you should...fitness is ever changing and evolving, you should be willing to listen

(I skimmed the thread, this is what i took from it...if i'm wrong, my bad)

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
This is kind of way i shy away about talking fitness...Adam3000 took out a lot of time to reasonably break down a concept that OP needed, and it was just dismissed

Yes everyone body is different, that doesn't mean you're doing things as efficiently or correctly as you should...fitness is ever changing and evolving, you should be willing to listen

(I skimmed the thread, this is what i took from it...if i'm wrong, my bad)

It was merely used as a small piece to a bigger puzzle. It help me create a routine that I was able to stick with. It helped me look at food differently and I was able to gauge how my body reacts to different foods and different types of carbs. I also followed up with exercising and sleeping. When you first start out in any type of weight loss plan, the mental side is important. Being able to see instant results kept me motivated. I say do what works for you as long as you're not putting yourself at any type of health risk.

Jeepz

Lay off the salt
Daps
adam3K is saying weight loss comes from calorie reduction, and he's right.

he's saying that LC/Keto is probably overkill, and I agree. but there's more than one way to skin a cat.

The best diet is the one that you will stick to.

nalej

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Seatown
I'm probably not doing it the way they tell you but I cycle my carbs with the days I work out. Makes it real simple for me and less painful. So on any days I work out, I load up on carbs about 200gm. On the days I don't I keep it under 50gm. Been working for me. I've gained muscle weight all the while losing fat.

Kid McNamara

'97 Mike Bibby
Daps
Reppin
Freshman Year
I'm here legitimately trying to help people better themselves by attacking their problems from a scientific perspective with the added factor of human psychology. I shouldn't have to be constantly defending the scientific and biological facts of a calorie restricted diet.

I know this is an old thread but I still find it relevant. I disagree with your sanctimonious weight-loss "advice." Losing significant weight is all about a mindset shift and being totally immersed in whatever diet or lifestyle change a person decides to go with. It's as much not caring about outside influence and opinion (self-mastery) as it is diet/nutrition/fitness. Most overweight/obese folks have incredibly low self-confidence, so the constant naysaying and questioning by those who cannot empathize with their situation can be detrimental to their overall goal.

It's frustrating to find a path and then have it questioned by either

1. People who generally do not believe in you and would not enjoy seeing you succeed.
2. Oracles who sort of wish to see you succeed, but only if you follow their plan or their advice.

Stinks of arrogance and loathing toward fat people.

Did he need it? His goal was to lose weight, not become a nutritionist. Dude lost the weight right?

It was merely used as a small piece to a bigger puzzle. It help me create a routine that I was able to stick with. It helped me look at food differently and I was able to gauge how my body reacts to different foods and different types of carbs. I also followed up with exercising and sleeping. When you first start out in any type of weight loss plan, the mental side is important. Being able to see instant results kept me motivated. I say do what works for you as long as you're not putting yourself at any type of health risk.

1up sir. Proud of you and support you all the way dude. I think it's awesome what you've accomplished, best of luck in the future.

The best diet is the one that you will stick to.

fukking Ace.

1200 calories seems way too low during deficit days for a guy your size

More bullshyt.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
@Kid McNamara fukk off

This was a thread "unappreciating" a highly restrictive diet, rife with misinformation, fallacy, and myth.

The post you quoted wasn't even directed at the OP, but rather at someone who was questioning simple science then refused to read the response.

My intentions with every post I made were quite clear. Pushing a lifestyle centered around biological facts and psychological realities. You assumptions about my apparent 'sanctimonious' posts and trying to lump me into one of your 2 categories is bullshyt and reeks of having a victim complex.

You say "fukking ace" regarding the post about sticking to a diet, but that was the whole fukking point of my posts. Fear that the OP would fail because he hated the diet. Because 95% of the time, thats what happens. The final outcome is irrelevant to that reality.

You say "more bullshyt" regarding 1200 calories being too low, which is an absolutely dangerous statement to make. 1200 is unquestionably too low. Saying any different is flat out false. Do you have an eating disorder? I fear you might based on that statement and also the statement "Did he need it? His goal was to lose weight, not become a nutritionist. Dude lost the weight right?"

Negged for pissing me off when I was in a good mood.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
If blind cheerleading was a successful way to help someone lose weight, we would have a nation of skinny people because finding a blind cheerleader is as easy as creating a Facebook account

95% of dieters fail long term.

95%. Think about that.

How many of these 95% have support? Probably the vast majority. How many have clear, concise, accurate nutritional advice that isnt clouded by contraditons, diet sales techniques, and myths? Probably a small minority.

Use some logic here before questioning someones integrity and intentions

Kid McNamara

'97 Mike Bibby
Daps
Reppin
Freshman Year
@Kid McNamara fukk off

This was a thread "unappreciating" a highly restrictive diet, rife with misinformation, fallacy, and myth.

The post you quoted wasn't even directed at the OP, but rather at someone who was questioning simple science then refused to read the response.

My intentions with every post I made were quite clear. Pushing a lifestyle centered around biological facts and psychological realities. You assumptions about my apparent 'sanctimonious' posts and trying to lump me into one of your 2 categories is bullshyt and reeks of having a victim complex.

You say "fukking ace" regarding the post about sticking to a diet, but that was the whole fukking point of my posts. Fear that the OP would fail because he hated the diet. Because 95% of the time, thats what happens. The final outcome is irrelevant to that reality.

You say "more bullshyt" regarding 1200 calories being too low, which is an absolutely dangerous statement to make. 1200 is unquestionably too low. Saying any different is flat out false. Do you have an eating disorder? I fear you might based on that statement and also the statement "Did he need it? His goal was to lose weight, not become a nutritionist. Dude lost the weight right?"

Negged for pissing me off when I was in a good mood.

"Fear that the OP would fail..."

And herein lies the point. What often causes people to fail is the "mean well" contrarian who is pushing their dietary knowledge on anyone with a keyboard and screen. The "unappreciation" wasn't about needing a change, it was about how bad, but necessary, limiting your diet it. It wasn't an open call for advice and criticism.

Truth is, any "diet" or significant change in nutrition is going to require limiting old eating habits. At some point, it's going to suck, it's going to be difficult, but if it's worth it, a person will persevere. Hating the diet isn't really the issue, their MINDSET is.

I believe in any "diet" that aids a person in successfully changing their mindset. After that change, the rest falls into place.

If blind cheerleading was a successful way to help someone lose weight, we would have a nation of skinny people because finding a blind cheerleader is as easy as creating a Facebook account

95%. Think about that.

How many of these 95% have support? Probably the vast majority. How many have clear, concise, accurate nutritional advice that isnt clouded by contraditons, diet sales techniques, and myths? Probably a small minority.

99% of people are average long term. Most people don't have the discipline and confidence to make significant, life altering, positive changes over months, years, and decades. 99% of people opt for some form of immediate gratification. Larger issue.

"How many of these 95% have support?"

Very few have genuine support. But they shouldn't need it.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin

95%. Think about that.

Most dieters have short term goals. Once they plateau or hit a wall they resort back to their comfort zone. Dieting is meant for short term goals. Permanently eliminating certain foods and changing they way you eat and look at food in general is not dieting.