Car Gurus: Someone School Me On Japanese Cars

Daps
Reppin
TYL
Thinking about getting this ‘99 Lexus LS400 with 78k miles or going to Vegas for my bday. I’m leaning towards getting the whip though.

Daps
Reppin
809 & 347
Benz and Bimmer yes, but also Acura, Lexus and Infiniti had hella shine in the 90s.

True. I 4got about the bubble Lexus (2000ish?). The legend had it shine too. Didn't know about the infinities. I do want a box mecerdes like the 1 in the first pic tho. It's clean if you keep it mint. I was looking a few and they were going for 12k and they were not the supped up ones.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
The mitsu 3000gt are nice lookwise. Idk about the performance or mitsus like that? What's the engine displacement on the vr4 and how much it push? Is it a 4 banger?
I thought the 3000GT was a 3.0L V6. VR4 might have a larger displacement. But this is off the top of my head.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
Tired of the Charger Camaro Challenger combo

Wanna stand out from the crowd with some Japanese sports cars like them 80’s NY drug dealers

Been looking at Subaru BRZ & I remember my Japanese dawg from the military had one & that shyt was sweet

R.ff08e7176fec3c75b0943c9b31ac5045

Any suggestions

Also I been following this page. This one is:whoo:

Japanese sport cars are still popular in nyc and Jersey. I swear each time I visit the south or Midwest I realize how many cars totally don’t exist like that out there.

Whenever I’m in ATL I forget what an Infiniti is

:mjlol:

Sukairain

Shahenshah
Daps
Reppin
Straiya
Tired of the Charger Camaro Challenger combo

Wanna stand out from the crowd with some Japanese sports cars like them 80’s NY drug dealers

Been looking at Subaru BRZ & I remember my Japanese dawg from the military had one & that shyt was sweet

R.ff08e7176fec3c75b0943c9b31ac5045

Any suggestions

Also I been following this page. This one is:whoo:

Those ones are all from the Nissan S range. You've got an S13, S15, and S14 there, in order from top to bottom. The top photo is really grainy, I'm not entirely convinced that it isn't a 4-door Skyline R32, but it also looks a bit like an S13

I'm your man for fine Japanese import sports cars. As is pretty much any other Australian who happens to post here who likes cars. We have always been awash with Japanese imports because Australia is the closest country to Japan that is both wealthy enough to import their cars, and also drives on the same side of the road as the Japanese making it super easy to import them.

It would be a little more difficult for you, I imagine, because in America your steering wheels are on the wrong side of the car and you drive on the wrong side of the road. They're also all manual transmission, which I understand in the US not many of you know how to drive a manual, so bear that in mind before deciding as well, because if you don't know how to drive manual you're not going to enjoy those cars very much.

My recommendation would be to buy something that was actually sold domestically in the US market and would therefore avoid the problem with the steering wheel being on the wrong side. Plus it would come with an automatic transmission option if you need it. Sourcing replacement parts would also be easier in that case because your local dealership would help you find them. So you'd want to look at something like the 180SX (which is basically the same car as the S13), RX7 or NSX. That's a fantastic line up honestly, if I had half a million dollars spare I would definitely spring for an RX7 and an NSX, and that's despite being in Australia where as I said we can realistically have any classic Japanese import that we want.

Anyway, any questions you have, I'm happy to help. My last car was a Skyline R34 and my current car is a Lancer, so I'm all about Japanese imports and I know a lot about them.

Last edited:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Buy a Honda Accord, or a Toyota Highlander past 2014. Buy a used car under 25k miles in a dealership, and ridr out them wheels.

WaveWhisperer

Stainless Steel
Daps
Reppin
Steel
The mitsu 3000gt are nice lookwise. Idk about the performance or mitsus like that? What's the engine displacement on the vr4 and how much it push? Is it a 4 banger?

I thought the 3000GT was a 3.0L V6. VR4 might have a larger displacement. But this is off the top of my head.
3.0 v6 with 320 horses

awd too

Plus the back wheels turn also like the new porsche gt3s:wow:

id get mine in red with the white wheels,reliability aint all that good so if thats the case then id drop in a 4g63 from the evo and call it a day:ehh:

Last edited: