Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Her having a big ass was actually a running joke in the comics

1073322-dyr3g1.jpg

1073324-10n56xl.jpg

Ironic that she's the most hated female superhero on the coli while essentially being the prototype "pawg" that coli pawg chasers always champion :ohhh:

@wire28 can you make sense outta this?

I gotta find that Dr. Doom page.:picard::mjlol::russ:

I just now realize they even gave her the pawg haircut when she was with rhodey.:mjgrin:

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
‘Captain Marvel’ Trailer May Be Released On Wednesday

Marvel fans, it is time to brace yourselves. The rumor mill is in full swing, and it seems like Captain Marvel is the latest feature to take a ride through the machine thanks to CineEurope.

For those unaware, this week marks the start of a premiere European film festival known as CineEurope. The yearly event brings together studios from around the globe to share their slates, and Warner Bros. Pictures did just that today. After all, a surprise Aquaman trailer dropped at the event, and rumor has it that Captain Marvel could be next.

To give some back story, the rumor has a rather complicated origin. It all began with a fan-account on Instagram known as Wendy Uncharted posted a short story. The image teased a possible teaser trailer for Captain Marvel was on its way, and that was that. However, the overlooked post hit it big when CineEurope got a hold of it.

captain-marvel-1115395.jpeg

Not long ago, the Instagram from CineEurope posted a story of its own, and it copied the teaser posted by Wendy Uncharted. The conference did not give any context to the repost, but fans began buzzing over the act. It could be that CineEurope does have footage in store for Captain Marvel, and they are using this fan-made post to give netizens a heads up about it.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
'Captain Marvel' Footage Description From CineEurope

While the footage itself is still being kept under wraps, some Marvel fans are revealing what the studio showed in regards to Captain Marvel at CineEurope.

The footage shown for Captain Marvel consisted of mostly behind the scenes footage from the project, meant to "introduce people to Carol Danvers" according to MCU Cosmic. The video package also highlighted Captain Marvel as the new face and leader of the franchise, saying “Captain Marvel is about to take the lead in the entire Marvel Cinematic Universe.” It isn't mentioned in the report who specifically said that, but the footage also mentioned her powerset and made a point of illustrating how powerful she is.

Hopefully we'll see the full footage at some point in the near future, though most of the materials presented by Marvel were constructed specifically for the CineEurope audience, so that might not happen.

It isn't known when an actual full and official trailer will make its way to fans, but we'd bet it happens not crazy long after Ant-Man and The Wasp hits theaters, which is the last film cued up for Marvel before Captain Marvel hits theaters. After that, it is all hands on deck for Avengers 4, or at least the hands that are left after Thanos' universe halving snap.

'Captain Marvel' Star Brie Larson Calls Out the Need for More Female Critics and Critics of Color

Brie Larson will soon be fighting Thanos as Captain Marvel on the big screen, but during her speech at the Crystal + Lucy Awards she took on a different kind of battle, one far more real and no less important.

Larson was accepting the Crystal Award for Excellence in Film, but during her acceptance speech, she decided to dedicate her time to a recent study from USC Annenberg titled Critic's Choice, which tackles the lack of women and people of color amongst the film critic and reviewer scene.

"So earlier this week USC Annenberg's inclusive initiative released findings that 67% of the top critics reviewing the 100 highest grossing movies in 2017 were white males," Larson said. "Less than a quarter were white women, and less than 10% were unrepresented men. Only 2.5% of those top critics were women of color. So you're probably thinking right now 'like wow that super doesn't represent the country that I live in and that's because that's true. This is a huge disconnect from the U.S. population breakdown of 30% white men, 30% white women, 20% men of color, and 20% women of color."

Under-representation of women and people of color is anything new in regards to Hollywood, what isn't brought up as much is how that carries over to the film criticism world.

"On top of all of this, am I saying that I hate white dudes...no, I am not," Larson said. "What I'm saying is is that if you make a movie that is a love letter to women of color, there is an insanely low chance that a woman of color will have the chance to see your movie and review your movie. And this is also not to mention other people besides white dudes like Star Wars, and would love the opportunity to do a set visit."

Larson reiterated that this isn't a discussion that is looking to keep white male critics out but looking to make sure that they aren't the only ones let in the clubhouse.

"And I'm also saying I don't hate white dudes, I'm just saying we need to be conscious of our bias and do our part to make sure that everyone is in the room," Larson said.

It's all the more important because reviews do have an impact on films these days, whether that is just getting people to notice something under the radar or spreading the word about a blockbuster film is worth seeing.

"It really sucks that reviews matter, but reviews matter," Larson said. "Good reviews out of festivals give small independent films a fighting chance to be bought and seen. Good reviews help films gross money. Good reviews slingshot movies into awards contenders. A good review can change your life, it changed mine."

Larson went on to point out that while Hollywood is finally expanding and reaching out to a more diverse audience, the criticism side of the equation needs to expand as well, especially when reviewing films that are

"Our industry has gone through a major growth," Larson said. "We are expanding to make films that better reflect the people that buy movie tickets, but they are not allowed enough chances to read public discourse on the films by the people that these films were made for. I do not need a forty-year-old white dude to tell me what didn't work for him about A Wrinkle In Time. It wasn't made for him. I want to know what that film meant to women of color. To biracial women. To teen women of color. To teens that are biracial, and for the third time, I don't hate white dudes. These are just facts. These are not my feelings, and I'm sorry Lindsey (her publicist) please don't kill me."

It isn't about excluding people from this profession, but rather about bringing more people into the tent, therefore giving more well-rounded criticism as well as knowledge about the film genre in general.

"As some of you know I immediately jumped onto Frances' brilliant words Inclusion Rider, and this was way before she had bumper stickers for her iPad because I know that this means my work will be shown, digested, discussed by a variety of people, not just a singular perspective. I want to know what my work means to the world, not a narrow view," Larson said.

You can find the entire USC Annenberg study right here.

:salute:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Not sure why dudes are bashing this early.

I'm looking forward to it. Nice change away from Thor, Captain America etc

Na..... let them bash..... it’s cool. Free world.

Unlike other places we ain’t gonna complain, talk shyt or throw weak ass personal attacks at people for doing it either.

Shout out and respect smoooth nephew @Monoblock :salute:

Damn, I’m surprised we got a teaser this earlier:ehh:

Martha