Captain Marvel (Official Thread) March 8th 2019: 7th Marvel Film To Cross 1B$

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Uh Oh. Some serious fans gonna be mad. :lolbron:

'Captain Marvel' Will Be an 'Action-Comedy' Following a 'Sassy, Funny Superhero'

'Captain Marvel' Will Be an 'Action-Comedy' Following a 'Sassy, Funny Superhero'

Sounds great ... and also like almost every other Marvel movie?

"Captain Marvel" screenwriter Geneva Robertson-Dworet isn't reinventing the wheel with Brie Larson's standalone movie. Instead, she's staying pretty loyal to the Marvel Comics source material.

"Carol Danvers is one of the funniest comic book characters," Robertson-Dworet told Entertainment Weekly. "She's so sassy, she's such a smartass, she won't take sh*t from anyone, and the comic books do an amazing job at capturing that voice, and it was important that the entire Captain Marvel creative team [kept to that]."

Robertson-Dworet compared "Captain Marvel" to an early draft she wrote for Alicia Vikander's Lara Croft in "Tomb Raider."

"'Captain Marvel' has a very funny voice, and it's more of an action-comedy, more like what we were talking about doing in the first draft I wrote for 'Tomb Raider'.... [but] that tone survived in Captain Marvel. I love funny female characters, so as 'Tomb Raider' got more serious, I got even more committed to the idea of 'Captain Marvel' being hilarious. [...] I'm hoping that sassy, funny superhero [in the film] is something people haven't seen before, and that they're going to be excited to see in Carol Danvers."

The word "sassy" is often associated with women, or we'd say Iron Man is the original sassy Marvel Cinematic Universe superhero. Does Jessica Jones qualify?

Comparisons may defeat the purpose, but comparisons will inevitably be made. Robertson-Dworet said they started writing after DC's "Wonder Woman" came out and were conscious about doing something different.

"So we wanted to carve our own path and make sure we weren't retreading the same territory, and showing all facets of what women are capable of."

Sounds good. There's more than one way to be a male superhero, so there's more than one way to be a female superhero. But if you are a male/female superhero in the MCU, you are more likely to joke around than a male/female superhero in the DCEU.

"Captain Marvel" is scheduled for release on March 8, 2019. But you never know. Marvel is in a shifty mood lately, so who knows if they'll move it.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Interesting

I got the eye. lol
But since I said that I see Brie really hasn't been able to elevate a movie and she was pretty underwhelming in that costume. I think I would rather Bryce Dallas Howard. I really like her in that Black Mirror episode acting wise and she was looking good in Jurassic World. :takedat:

He Who Posts Well

Superstar
Daps
Uh Oh. Some serious fans gonna be mad. :lolbron:

Sounds great ... and also like almost every other Marvel movie?

"Captain Marvel" screenwriter Geneva Robertson-Dworet isn't reinventing the wheel with Brie Larson's standalone movie. Instead, she's staying pretty loyal to the Marvel Comics source material.

"Carol Danvers is one of the funniest comic book characters," Robertson-Dworet told Entertainment Weekly. "She's so sassy, she's such a smartass, she won't take sh*t from anyone, and the comic books do an amazing job at capturing that voice, and it was important that the entire Captain Marvel creative team [kept to that]."

Robertson-Dworet compared "Captain Marvel" to an early draft she wrote for Alicia Vikander's Lara Croft in "Tomb Raider."

"'Captain Marvel' has a very funny voice, and it's more of an action-comedy, more like what we were talking about doing in the first draft I wrote for 'Tomb Raider'.... [but] that tone survived in Captain Marvel. I love funny female characters, so as 'Tomb Raider' got more serious, I got even more committed to the idea of 'Captain Marvel' being hilarious. [...] I'm hoping that sassy, funny superhero [in the film] is something people haven't seen before, and that they're going to be excited to see in Carol Danvers."

The word "sassy" is often associated with women, or we'd say Iron Man is the original sassy Marvel Cinematic Universe superhero. Does Jessica Jones qualify?

Comparisons may defeat the purpose, but comparisons will inevitably be made. Robertson-Dworet said they started writing after DC's "Wonder Woman" came out and were conscious about doing something different.

"So we wanted to carve our own path and make sure we weren't retreading the same territory, and showing all facets of what women are capable of."

Sounds good. There's more than one way to be a male superhero, so there's more than one way to be a female superhero. But if you are a male/female superhero in the MCU, you are more likely to joke around than a male/female superhero in the DCEU.

"Captain Marvel" is scheduled for release on March 8, 2019. But you never know. Marvel is in a shifty mood lately, so who knows if they'll move it.
Marvel just can't help themselves. They just going to continue to stick with the formula.

Joe-Biden-Laughing-Shaking-his-Head.gif

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
who the fukk is running this company :mjlol: you'd think after the 10th 800+ million dollar movie they'd realize what audiences want :laff:

No no no!!!!:skip:

the 15th $500+ Million Dollar movie :troll:

Remember..... $500M is the magic number that measures success to some:sas2:

Martha