CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER - Kevin Feige (Movie Discussion Thread)

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
Punisher is going to be in Daredevil's (who was also on Project Insight's list) Netflix series. He was also alluded to in the Marvel one shot "All Hail the King." I guess this was Marvel's way of telling us he's out there (and HYDRA wanted him gone :mjpls:). Can't say I really blame them though. Would you want that man walking around freely in your New World Order regime? :merchant:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
More interesting is that Carol Danvers is also on that list, which means that Marvel Studios must have plans in the pipeline for her.

Erik Killmonger

TRUE KING OF WAKANDA
Daps
A full list of people in NYC and Washington DC who were on Project Insight's cross hairs:

• Lt. Deborah Adams
  • Gen. Julian Addelman
  • Jerod Allen
  • Ofcr. Daniel Amendan
  • Lt. James Anderson
  • Col. Stephen Ashley
  • Bruce Banner
  • Gen. Anthony Benson
  • Gen. Rachel Berni
  • Lt. Marcus Bledsoe
  • Steven Blinn
  • Ofc. William Blinn
  • David Bowers
  • Lt. Ronald Brinkley
  • Robert Brodeor
  • Lt. Robert Brody
  • Thomas Brody
  • Maj. Barbara Brown
  • Davis Brown
  • Gen. Jason Brown
  • Frank Castle
  • Pvt. Marcus Campbell
  • Lt. Paul Campbell
  • Lt. Michael Carrot
  • David Chalmers
  • Karen Chan
  • Micael Clock
  • Austin Collibe
  • Ofcr. Kimberly Collins
  • Lt. Sally Collins
  • Jeff Dansworth
  • Carol Danvers
  • Gen. Martin Davis
  • Pres. Matthew Ellis
  • Craig Faldspar
  • Chandler Fletcher
  • Elizabeth Franz
  • Lt. Aran Frebowitz
  • Christina Frennel
  • Lt. Kevin Garcia
  • Pvt. Jennifer Gast
  • Fred Gnomon
  • Pvt. George Greenwall
  • Gen. Joe Gregory
  • Gen. Anthony Grey
  • Roberta Gronsatti
  • Jeremy Hammers
  • Joseph Harrison II
  • Gen. Betty Hatch
  • Warron Heiwall
  • Lt. Kenneth Hernandez
  • Gen. Alfred J. Higgens
  • Maria Hill
  • Col. Mark Hill
  • Hiro Honoua
  • Jeremy Irons
  • Col. Fred Jackson
  • Lt. Christopher Johnson
  • Lt. James Jones
  • Sebastian Jones
  • Stone Jones
  • David Jurgens
  • Col. Kenneth Keghley
  • James Kenburg
  • Col. George Kho
  • Richard Lim Klein
  • Gen. Wendy F. Klein
  • Alex Kolinsky
  • Lt. Aaron Kublainer
  • Hun Le
  • Pvt. Ryan Lewis
  • Lt. Daniel Light
  • Michael Lindon
  • Tram Lo
  • Linoa Long
  • Col. Richard Lopez
  • Lt. Sasha Lopez
  • Ofcr. Brandon Mallett
  • Eric Mansfeld
  • Lt. Charles Mansfield
  • Paula Marinez
  • Henry Marker
  • Gen. Sandra Martin
  • Eduardo Martinez
  • Lt. Jose Martinez
  • Lt. Nate Matthews
  • Patricia Mackenna
  • Gen. Mary Miller
  • Alex Millhouse
  • Lt. Joseph Moore
  • Brianna Morkland
  • William Morreston
  • Lt. Kris Mortimer
  • Lt. Sharon Mui
  • Matthew Murdock
  • Ofcr. James Nelson
  • Lt. Pippin Ohanna
  • Jennifer Pernbaum
  • Col. Scott Phillips
  • Gen. Steven Phillips
  • Jorge Pistano
  • Gregory Platt
  • Lt. Scott Plussard
  • Shigery Podhzoi
  • Molly Probst
  • Maj. Gerard Purkin
  • Henry Pym
  • Gen. Preston Quan
  • Col. Ben Radcon
  • Taylor Renee
  • Lt. Philioe Robierto
  • Cptn. Steve Rogers
  • Lt. Margaret Rutheford
  • Maria Sandberg
  • Lt. Claus Schindling
  • Claire Sei
  • Anderson Shapiro
  • Lt. Laura Smith
  • Maj. Thomas Smith
  • James Solder
  • Lt. Caleb Sophia
  • Christopher Sorensen
  • Lt. Nancy St. James
  • Anthony Stark
  • Gen. Frank Stephens
  • Pvt. Carter Stevenson
  • Stephen Strange
  • Paul Struper
  • George Sturgeon
  • Lt. Brian Taylor
  • Brian Tellalian
  • Lt. William Thompson
  • Daniel Thomson
  • Tonya Timmens
  • Lt. Jr Townsed
  • Jeffrey Welker
  • Jeremy White
  • Cptn. Mark White
  • Col. Charles Wilson
  • Wes Woon
  • Lt. Paul Wright
  • Ki Wu
  • Lt. Benjamin Young
  • Lt. Helen Young
Is this in the Blu-Ray or where did you get this from?

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
I think Frank Castle will pop up on the Daredevil show. Pre-Punisher of course. Then spinoff into his own series down the line.

There's also a rumor that Carol Danvers appears in Age of Ultron as a pilot.

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
This movie was AMAZING and by far my favorite super hero movie outside of The Dark Knight trilogy.

You know you're dealing with a classic when even the end credit graphics are must watch. So dope and masterfully done. The fight scenes are off the chain, the story was deeper than your average comic flick, both villains(Winter Soldier and Alexander Pierce) were fantastic, Sam Wilson is a sidekick done right (him being a little too willing to be a "yes massa whatever you say" negro excluded), and for the first time in three movies, this film made me genuinely love and care about Black Widow. I can't stand Scarlett Johansson as a person, and yet loved her in the movie. That to me is a sign of both good acting and good writing.

Mad love for Robert Downey Jr and his portrayal of Iron Man, but pound for pound, Captain America is my favorite member of The Avengers and, I think his movies are of a higher quality than the others. He has the dopest personality and embodies what being a hero is all about more so than his teammates who range from reluctant participants to former assassins to monsters who will destroy as much as they'll save. I also like his combat skills and enjoy how the shield is utilized.

In terms of overall coolness and likability I'd probably rank it Cap > Iron Man > Hulk > Black Widow > Hawkeye > Thor. They're all dope though. Looking forward to seeing how Quicksilver, Scarlett Witch and The Vision are done in Avengers 2. Team is getting kinda cramped. Will there be enough screen time to go around?

They can miss me with Ant Man until a Black Panther movie gets confirmed(pro black fist pump), but with Cap 2 and Guardians both being so great, I think the table is set for Avengers 2 to take it to another level after a inconsistent and strange Iron Man 3 and a by the numbers Thor 2.

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
And I don't find Cap to be boring at all. He's a boss. When he bossed up in the elevator and took all those dudes out >>>>

I especially like his chemistry with Iron Man as the straight guy to RDJ clown jokester.

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
Blandness personality wise.... But c'mon did you not see how he fought against winter soldier. shyt was popping!!!

:ohlawd:

nikkas saying he's bland cause he's a great human being. No hate in the heart of the GOAT.

Even frank castle refused to fight against cap when cap made a visit to his basic to train him

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
nikkas saying he's bland cause he's a great human being. No hate in the heart of the GOAT.

Even frank castle refused to fight against cap when cap made a visit to his basic to train him

People are so used to corrupt, gray area anti-heroes and egotistical jokesters in Marvel that being straight up brave guy with a heart of gold and a selfless nature is seen as boring.

I'm not a patriotic person, but what makes Cap so dope to me is he's the ideal of what being American is SUPPOSED to mean. Not to be on some corny shyt, but if the world had more Captain Americas we'd be in a better place right now. I just really dig what he represents and his witty yet humble demeanor.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
People are so used to corrupt, gray area anti-heroes and egotistical jokesters in Marvel that being straight up brave guy with a heart of gold and a selfless nature is seen as boring.

I'm not a patriotic person, but what makes Cap so dope to me is he's the ideal of what being American is SUPPOSED to mean. Not to be on some corny shyt, but if the world had more Captain Americas we'd be in a better place right now. I just really dig what he represents and his witty yet humble demeanor.
" . . . the price of freedom is high. It always has been. And it's a price I'm willing to pay.":to:

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
This movie was AMAZING and by far my favorite super hero movie outside of The Dark Knight trilogy.

You know you're dealing with a classic when even the end credit graphics are must watch. So dope and masterfully done. The fight scenes are off the chain, the story was deeper than your average comic flick, both villains(Winter Soldier and Alexander Pierce) were fantastic, Sam Wilson is a sidekick done right (him being a little too willing to be a "yes massa whatever you say" negro excluded), and for the first time in three movies, this film made me genuinely love and care about Black Widow. I can't stand Scarlett Johansson as a person, and yet loved her in the movie. That to me is a sign of both good acting and good writing.

Mad love for Robert Downey Jr and his portrayal of Iron Man, but pound for pound, Captain America is my favorite member of The Avengers and, I think his movies are of a higher quality than the others. He has the dopest personality and embodies what being a hero is all about more so than his teammates who range from reluctant participants to former assassins to monsters who will destroy as much as they'll save. I also like his combat skills and enjoy how the shield is utilized.

In terms of overall coolness and likability I'd probably rank it Cap > Iron Man > Hulk > Black Widow > Hawkeye > Thor. They're all dope though. Looking forward to seeing how Quicksilver, Scarlett Witch and The Vision are done in Avengers 2. Team is getting kinda cramped. Will there be enough screen time to go around?

They can miss me with Ant Man until a Black Panther movie gets confirmed(pro black fist pump), but with Cap 2 and Guardians both being so great, I think the table is set for Avengers 2 to take it to another level after a inconsistent and strange Iron Man 3 and a by the numbers Thor 2.

True Chris Evans wanted Cap to move and fight like how he CA was portrayed in the Captain America Video game that came out with the first movie called Super Soldier.

Definitely the end title/credit sequence is very well done. It pretty much breaks down the events of the movie if you watch it closely enough. You have to big up the Composer Henry Jackman for making a dope ass score.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan

"I remember the first time I really understood what it was to be an American...What it was to be a patriot."

"I was just a kid...A million years ago, it seems sometimes. Maybe twelve. I was reading Mark Twain.

And he wrote something that struck me right down to my core...something so powerful, so true, that it changed my life. I memorized it so I could repeat it to myself, over and over across the years. He wrote --'In a republic, who is the country?

Is it the government which is for the moment in the saddle? Why, the government is merely a temporary servant: it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a patriot and who isn't. It's function is to obey orders, not originate them.

Who, then is the country? Is it the newspaper? Is it the pulpit? Why, these are mere parts of the country, not the whole of it, they have not command, they have only their little share in the command.

In a monarchy, the king and his family are the country: In a republic it is the common voice of the people each of you, for himself, by himself and on his own responsibility, must speak.

It is a solemn and weighty responsibility, and not lightly to be flung aside at the bullying of pulpit, press, government, or the empty catchphrases of politicians.

Each must for himself alone decide what is right and what is wrong, and which course is patriotic and which isn't. You cannot shirk this and be a man.

To decide it against your convictions is to be an unqualified and inexcusable traitor, both to yourself and to your country, let men label you as they may.

If you alone of all the nation shall decide one way, and that way be the right way according to your convictions of the right, you have your duty by yourself and by your country. Hold up your head. You have nothing to be ashamed of'."

"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right.

This nation was founded on one principle above all else: The requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences.

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree besides the river of truth, and tell the whole world--

--No you move."

-Captain America

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
I didn't write this but someone that did a review on Amazon broke down the meaning of the end credit sequence.

http://www.amazon.com/review/RH4OCUOENEQ27/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B00JGMK6VG

-at 2:06:43 in the credits, we are show the mirror symbol of the exoteric and esoteric "pyramid" which instead of a "pyramid" it is the Phallic symbol, the city, Cap, etc, which all represent the 'good' 'shield' shown to the public, and the reverse unseen esoteric Hydra which infiltrates and causes chaos. On the top of the image with Cap is the Eagle symbol with 7 feathers if you include the tail. on the bottom of the image is the Hydra symbol with a skull and 6 serpents or tentacles with each in the shape of a 6. yep, you guessed right, that's a symbol with 6 number 6's in it. or, 666 on the left, and 666 on the right. This mirror image of the Phallic symbol is also hinted at 1:26 in the movie when we see the symbol and its reflection in the water.

-at 2:10:07 in the credits, there is a flickering of the text, almost as if a joke or hint about computer viruses or corrupted AI.
-the credits tell us about the future release of "Age of Ultron".

-A scene near the end shows us what this next movie might be about, Hyrda using people with special powers or the ability to make 'miracles' (good or bad...).