CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER - Kevin Feige (Movie Discussion Thread)

Daps
Reppin
St louis
This movie is the shyt!
soooooo many easter eggs
spoken and hidden in plain sight.
going to see it again tomorrow.

marvel has another hit..
wat6rr.jpg

pike

Banned
Daps
Mackie put in that work. Proud of the brother. They didnt show him as a c00n, or nothing. Thought for sure he and cap were gonna tag team window when she was sitting on that bed in that tank top

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Mackie put in that work. Proud of the brother. They didnt show him as a c00n, or nothing. Thought for sure he and cap were gonna tag team window when she was sitting on that bed in that tank top

Hey she wont tell if they wont! :pachaha:

Jimmy ValenTime

A really good Lawyer
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
the movie dope the best since the avemgers

its a spy movie /action movie not really a poltical thriller kind pushing it. the agency that takes over sheild just stright up villians. .

the fight squences
:whew:

who ever shot it deserves credit the fight squences are clear qnd easy to follow even thoughare going fast also none of that shaky cam bulls.hit like bourne o

Jimmy ValenTime

A really good Lawyer
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
also in the frist half the use of the shield is :krs:

you can see him throwing it like a pinball and bouncing it off angles to get it back and if i can bounce offf steal and concerte it makes sense it gets stuck in a car door

cap got phase two:smugdraper:

pike

Banned
Daps

you can see him throwing it like a pinball and bouncing it off angles to get it back and if i can bounce offf steal and concerte it makes sense it gets stuck in a car door

yep just like in the comics. Bucky was that dude. I wonder who taught him how to fight

jmegamar

On the Come up Member
Daps
Loved the movie. Best of phase 2 so far for sure. Liked that there was so much hand to hand combat. Also liked how they gave Falcon some shine with a back story as well. Haven't seen the raid yet but I know it will be the full course meal next week after this appetizer.:eat:

pike

Banned
Daps
When Redford was naming targets that were direct threats to .....his group. He named a few nobodies like "the youth baseball, your next door neighbor" or some shyt then mentioned Banner and Strange. It was a quick scene, I didnt see when I first watched it.

dang I heard he say banner I totally missed him say strange. I guess I was hoping for Tchalla

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER

I haven't seen it yet but I know Chris Evans was saying he wanted Cap to do the things they were doing in the Super Soldier video game that came out with the first movie.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
After watching Captain America: Winter Soldier, here's my biggest gripe I have with Marvel/Disney. They refuse to go THERE! They always want to play it safe and therefore no controversial moves are made. So, when you it is advertised in movies trailers and whutnot that shyt about to get real, when you see it in theaters, you don't feel any dire straits. Even when it APPEARS on the surface things are hitting a low point, you know DEEP DOWN that it'll concluded with a cliche big 3rd act with a lot of explosions and blah, blah, blah, with even though they claim many "lives" are at stake, nobody gets harmed and the bad guy gets handled TOOOOO EASILY.

And even though Winter Soldier was more of a serious tone action thriller, it STILL used the typical Marvel/Disney playbook to where by the time you get to the 3rd act of the picture, you KNOW how this will end because you seen this scenario BEFORE in both THOR 2 and IRONMAN 3 and even to a exploitative extent the AVENGERS.

Will Marvel/Disney EVER do a film that buck their played out story line? But to play devils advocate, if it ain't broke why fix it? But to me, this make that franchise the TYLER PERRY of comic genre films. Where you SEEN this shyt before, just with different characters except Nick Fury is Madea who be all in those films meddling.

I know it sounds harsh, but this is my frustration rant. This is NOT by any means a condemnation to Winter Soldier, because it is INDEED an enjoyable film which I suggest everyone to go see. But with me, personally, I was HOPING they actually "went there". It's like why people love TDK trilogy is because Nolan went there, or why there's such a huge cult following for ARROW because they definitely aren't afraid of "going there". It makes NO SENSE for me to be MORE on the edge of my seat last Wednesday night on an epic episode of Arrow not knowing WHUT to expect than sitting there last night watching Captain America knowing EVERYTHING to expect. The predictability is something that needed to be corrected in future films.