CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER - Kevin Feige (Movie Discussion Thread)

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
I asked a simular question in the strange thread, i am shocked that at all these comic con panels and junkets no one has raised the question of how he was already a sorcerer in TWS. Yet his own movie (which is set in the present) was an origin movie :mindblown:It would be like tony in AoU refering to the ruler of wakanda as king t'challa

Marvel dropped the ball continuity wise.
Dr. Strange's accident should have happened before the events of this movie. And you could say his training was ocurring when this was said in this movie. But they didn't and now this Easter egg makes no sense. He was a selfish neurosurgeon at this time. Something in his past records and actions predicted he would become a sorcerer? :rudy: That's stupid.
So when this movie came out it was a cool Easter egg. But they shytted on it when they made Dr. Strange.

No. This question comes up a lot, but people forget that the algorithm, predicts who might become a threat to Hydra in the near future. Although Strange wasn't a sorcerer at the time of TWS, the algorithm predicted that Strange would somehow, some way turn into a person who could become a threat to Hydra.
Even though they dropped the ball it still works just fine because they never said he was a sorcerer....the other people named around him were "a TV anchor in Cairo, a high school valedictorian in Iowa City". Obviously neither of those people were important....the algorithm was targeting random people. It could've been something as simple as a phone conversation or an email.

Fred.
this, strange was targeted because of his surgeon skill and that the algorithm determined he wldnt be down with the hydra shyt, like if tony wasn't iron man his ass wld still be targeted too. the timeline is fine just left open for interpretation, the avenegers towers I believe was shown in his film and wong mentions the avengers so logically Doc strange took place sometime after the avengers. we also dnt know how long he was at the school during the film, cld have been months or years.

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
Dropping Strange was just an easter egg at the time Winter Soldier came out, we had no idea if he'd show up in the MCU since they were so heavy on everything being explained by science rather than magic.

YakSpiller

Superstar
Daps
Black Panther/Civil War = 1A & 1B

Black Panther is like the first comic book movie to actually create its own world on some Star Wars shyt. Its what I imagine a live action Black Panther movie to be, they didn't cut corners they went all out and created a actual living breathing Wakanda with deep history and shyt.

Civil War still better than TWS to me, shyt is the epitome of a comic book movie. TWS is a really good, damn near great/classic comic book movie but Civil War was like the closest thing to the panels actually coming to life IMO...

The Winter Soldier = 2

The best standalone...I guess? movie in the MCU the story was so good you didn't even need to see TFA or The Avengers. Every character in this movie had a cool role that added to the puzzle and its probably the best depiction of Captain America. All the action was top notch too.

Avengers = 3
Fun Movie.

:yeshrug:

Last edited:

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Even though they dropped the ball it still works just fine because they never said he was a sorcerer....the other people named around him were "a TV anchor in Cairo, a high school valedictorian in Iowa City". Obviously neither of those people were important....the algorithm was targeting random people. It could've been something as simple as a phone conversation or an email.

Fred.
To be an "enemy" of hydra? Lol

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
this, strange was targeted because of his surgeon skill and that the algorithm determined he wldnt be down with the hydra shyt, like if tony wasn't iron man his ass wld still be targeted too. the timeline is fine just left open for interpretation, the avenegers towers I believe was shown in his film and wong mentions the avengers so logically Doc strange took place sometime after the avengers. we also dnt know how long he was at the school during the film, cld have been months or years.
It couldnt have been years, when he reconnects with mcadams if i remember correctly they indicate months had past. Besides they do nothing to change her look at all

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
It couldnt have been years, when he reconnects with mcadams if i remember correctly they indicate months had past. Besides they do nothing to change her look at all
lol so because she dosen't change her look then a longer period than months cldnt pass? ok so lets say at least 6-8months, then whatever years left until infinity war is his active time. all this dnt matter in the long run imo :manny:

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
lol so because she dosen't change her look then a longer period than months cldnt pass? ok so lets say at least 6-8months, then whatever years left until infinity war is his active time. all this dnt matter in the long run imo :manny:
his "active time" doesnt but the vague time period of when he goes from broken man to sorcerer supreme does. Pacing hurt the movie. To wrap it up as well hes got such a photographic memory from being a doctor was kinda weak:ld:

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Dropping Strange was just an easter egg at the time Winter Soldier came out, we had no idea if he'd show up in the MCU since they were so heavy on everything being explained by science rather than magic.

BTW Doctor Strange took place around/after Age of Ultron.

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ

When In The MCU Does Doctor Strange Take Place?

Let's start with what we know for a fact. Over the weekend, several fans asked Doctor Strange co-writer C. Robert Cargill on Twitter if the movie is set before Captain America: The Winter Soldier. Remember, Jasper Sitwell named Stephen Strange as one of Project Insight's potential targets, and a benevolent sorcerer would definitely classify as an enemy of HYDRA. However, Cargill debunked that idea, saying that Doctor Strange begins in 2016. A brief shot of Avengers Tower in New York City confirms that, meaning that the events of Avengers: Age of Ultronhave already occurred. So when we met the egotistical Stephen Strange as a surgeon, it's early into 2016, though it's harder to determine the month

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY

Nope Doc Strange takes place after Civil War... You don't remember when he was driving to that conference the other doctor was giving him the medical cases that was coming up... The doctor mentioned a air force pilot wearing an experimental combat suit that was paralyzed.... :beli: that was clearly war machine...

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Nope Doc Strange takes place after Civil War... You don't remember when he was driving to that conference the other doctor was giving him the medical cases that was coming up... The doctor mentioned a air force pilot wearing an experimental combat suit that was paralyzed.... :beli: that was clearly war machine...

OH YEAHHHH that's right. I remember Wong talking about The Avengers are too busy destroying buildings or something so I know that was a AoU reference.

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
The Doc Strange thing can be explained imo, it's of course off that the breh names "Tony Stark, Bruce Banner, Stephen Strange" - the writers were obviously intending him to be superpowered at this point. However he does follow it up with the algorithm targeting anyone who was a threat now, or in the future. Maybe it just considered his particular skillset at the time a threat to Hydra, it could've considered his background and figured they would never be able to get him to work for Hydra - so they'd take him out :yeshrug:

Again, not what the WS writers were getting at; but imo it's enough to explain it.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
To be an "enemy" of hydra? Lol
So why do you have a problem with a random doctor being on a Hydra hit list....but not a high school student? Or a reporter? :gucci:

Like I said, the algorithm targeted random people. There was no rhyme or reason to it. Sitwell even said it could be something as random as an email, or who you voted for. I could understand if they listed 10 super heroes/MCU people of interest but they didn't.

Fred.

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
Black Panther/Civil War = 1A & 1B

Black Panther is like the first comic book movie to actually create its own world on some Star Wars shyt. Its what I imagine a live action Black Panther movie to be, they didn't cut corners they went all out and created a actual living breathing Wakanda with deep history and shyt.

Civil War still better than TWS to me, shyt is the epitome of a comic book movie. TWS is a really good, damn near great/classic comic book movie but Civil War was like the closest thing to the panels actually coming to life IMO...

The Winter Soldier = 2

The best standalone...I guess? movie in the MCU the story was so good you didn't even need to see TFA or The Avengers. Every character in this movie had a cool role that added to the puzzle and its probably the best depiction of Captain America. All the action was top notch too.

Avengers = 3
Fun Movie.

:yeshrug:
Scary stuff, i thought I wrote this post. My thoughts exactly.