Captain America: Civil War (Official Thread)

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
First negative review. Wonder which rival studio is paying him. :lolbron:

Captain America: Civil War Movie Review | The Young Folks

This was a fair review. You can tell the guy is a fan of the the Russo brothers and Winter Soldier. I think it's good to hear a little criticism, so my expectations aren't unrealistic. I found this part of his review particularly interesting:

These aren’t characters; they’re action figures (especially the two bug men). Only two performances really stand out from the pack. Downey Jr. gives us his most vulnerable turn as Tony Stark yet, really playing into the pain that this conflict makes him feel. Problem is, he’s only in about a third of the movie, as it is a Captain America movie after all, making the moral quandary feel incredibly one sided. The other is Boseman, who introduces us to an incredible character in his Black Panther. This is an excellently skilled warrior unconcerned with the politics and friendships of everybody else, solely concerned with avenging his father and protecting his kingdom. However, what does it say about the movie that the character most identifiable is the one that does not care about what is going on in the story?

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
First negative review. Wonder which rival studio is paying him. :lolbron:

Captain America: Civil War Movie Review | The Young Folks

He killed his credibility with this simple phrase...

Captain America: Civil War is in many ways a well assembled summer movie. The action and humor really sing, and the film goes at such a fast pace that its flaws simply may not matter to some.

---------------------

He sounds like marvel promised him a role as an extra hydra goon and he didn't make the final cut.

He sounds like he broke up with a key grip who he thought loved him :russ:

At the end of the day this movie should settle somewhere between 98% and 93%.

This movie was certified fresh the day they announced it. :wow:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
This was a fair review. You can tell the guy is a fan of the the Russo brothers and Winter Soldier. I think it's good to hear a little criticism, so my expectations aren't unrealistic. I found this part of his review particularly interesting:

These aren’t characters; they’re action figures (especially the two bug men). Only two performances really stand out from the pack. Downey Jr. gives us his most vulnerable turn as Tony Stark yet, really playing into the pain that this conflict makes him feel. Problem is, he’s only in about a third of the movie, as it is a Captain America movie after all, making the moral quandary feel incredibly one sided. The other is Boseman, who introduces us to an incredible character in his Black Panther. This is an excellently skilled warrior unconcerned with the politics and friendships of everybody else, solely concerned with avenging his father and protecting his kingdom. However, what does it say about the movie that the character most identifiable is the one that does not care about what is going on in the story?
It was sarcasm.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Civil War: C
London Has Fallen: B-
Daddy's Home: C+
The Boy: C+

:jbhmm:
He could be like Roger Ebert and rate movies based on the type of film they are...so for an action movie London Has Fallen is a B+ while he feels, Civil War is only a C on his comic book movie scale.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
cF3yc3tQTeOvivXBRbQm_2052975-cap_vs_bat.png