Capcom wants to make a new Marvel vs game!!

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
the lack of iconic capcom weapon-wieldering characters must be preventing what would be a juggernaut which is a "vs star wars" game

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
the lack of iconic capcom weapon-wieldering characters must be preventing what would be a juggernaut which is a "vs star wars" game
stargladiator-capcom-art-by-bengus.png
star-gladiator-ps1-1996-flyer.jpg
josef-axner-starglx.jpg

Daps
Reppin
NULL
It would be better to keep Star Wars separate, tbh.
A Bushido-Blade styled game featuring different Jedi and Sith would be kind of lit though.

(Luke, Vader, Qui-Gon, Obi-wan (both young and old), Anakin, Maul, Dooku, Mace Windu, Yoda, Grievous, Ahsoka, Sidious, etc.)

Last edited:
  • Dap
Reactions: NZA

parallax

Superstar
Daps
yeah, but if a vs were to happen, i doubt capcom would even be in consideration for the reason i stated. namco would probably have the edge over them with soul calibur.

its not 1999 anymore. soul calibur has long since fallen from what it used to be

parallax

Superstar
Daps
yeah, but that doesnt negate the fact that sc would be far more relevant than those random capcom games. sc6 was an evo game 4 years ago.
considering the numbers of certain top games this year, thats probably not the flex you want it to be.

but i see your point

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps

Sounds like another Capcom test, buy the game guys.

Last edited:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
thats most franchises compared to star wars though
its not 1999 anymore. soul calibur has long since fallen from what it used to be

I agree with both statements, but tbf the bold applies to half the roster on the Capcom side of Marvel vs Capcom :pachaha:

Ask anyone born after 1999 who Haggar, Viewtiful Joe, Firebrand, Arthur, Phoenix Wright, or any of them Darkstalker characters are and, assuming they didn't play MvC3 or Infinite (which would be their only knowledge base for them), you'll likely get a :huh:

parallax

Superstar
Daps
I agree with both statements, but tbf the bold applies to half the roster on the Capcom side of Marvel vs Capcom :pachaha:

Ask anyone born after 1999 who Haggar, Viewtiful Joe, Firebrand, Arthur, Phoenix Wright, or any of them Darkstalker characters are and, assuming they didn't play MvC3 or Infinite (which would be their only knowledge base for them), you'll likely get a :huh:

No argument from me on that. There isn't a fighting game franchise that can rival star wars. The reason star gladiator works better than most is simply because it was supposed to be a star wars game and there are similar analogs between the two sets.