The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
How many black people did he kill?

As I remember; I don't think he actually did. I believe a big part of his existence WAS the fact that the fear people had of him was, in large part, contrived and ballooned up BECAUSE of how dysfunctional white society allowed Cabrini Green projects to get.

OP is wrong. Candyman didn't even kill the black baby boy and he had him for a minute.
This is somewhat facts. But he did kill Helen’s best friend though
:lupe:

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
This is somewhat facts. But he did kill Helen’s best friend though
:lupe:

He did.

She represented those who deny the connection they have to other black people that are affected by institutional racism and dysfunction.

Why was it that she was more scared of "the projects" and black people than Helen? She was one of those "new" blacks.

She was affluent. The same way whites need to sacrifice their privilege, there are those black people - many of which you and I went to law school with - who look down on those who are still uneducated and unable to break the cycles.

They feel good being that "black friend". Their comfort is boosted because the whites around them look at them as the "assimilated example."

EBK String

Better Ring String
Supporter
Daps
He did.

She represented those who deny the connection they have to other black people that are affected by institutional racism and dysfunction.

Why was it that she was more scared of "the projects" and black people than Helen? She was one of those "new" blacks.

She was affluent. The same way whites need to sacrifice their privilege, there are those black people - many of which you and I went to law school with - who look down on those who are still uneducated and unable to break the cycles.

They feel good being that "black friend". Their comfort is boosted because the whites around them look at them as the "assimilated example."

Candymsn was a new black. His father was a millionaire right after the end of slavery and he grew up in affluence and was an artist while every other black man was doing back breaking labor for pennies. nikka was so out of touch he thought he could impregnate a white woman without severe consequence. You telling me this nikka became Malcolm X in the afterlife?

:usure:

karim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Candymsn was a new black. His father was a millionaire right after the end of slavery and he grew up in affluence and was an artist while every other black man was doing back breaking labor for pennies. nikka was so out of touch he thought he could impregnate a white woman without severe consequence. You telling me this nikka became Malcolm X in the afterlife?

I mean, he was confronted with the reality of white supremacy in a rather drastic way.
Malcolm used to pawg too, before he went to jail:yeshrug:

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn

Hell no, he wasn't a damn civil rights leader.

Come on. I see where you're going but the original concept is about candyman, the spirit, not the man he was before.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
I advise everyone to watch this. Amazing analysis of the complex meaning behind Candyman and why it was one of the most intelligent horror movies ever.