Candyman was a c00n

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
You got time to be here but I haven’t seen a horror movie vs thread all Halloween.
tenor.gif
I'm uninspired.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
Didn't he kill those cacs at the beginning? Although the amount of black people he killed was :huhldup:

Man was really trying pawg in the afterlife even though that's how he got bodied. The dedication :dahell:
How many black people did he kill?

As I remember; I don't think he actually did. I believe a big part of his existence WAS the fact that the fear people had of him was, in large part, contrived and ballooned up BECAUSE of how dysfunctional white society allowed Cabrini Green projects to get.

OP is wrong. Candyman didn't even kill the black baby boy and he had him for a minute.

Mr Clean

Superstar
Daps
How many black people did he kill?

As I remember; I don't think he actually did. I believe a big part of his existence WAS the fact that the fear people had of him was, in large part, contrived and ballooned up BECAUSE of how dysfunctional white society allowed Cabrini Green projects to get.

OP is wrong. Candyman didn't even kill the black baby boy and he had him for a minute.

He definitely had the hood on lockdown. The consensus always been he was terrorizing Cabrini Green

Although, something that just occured to me was Candyman fukking people up or was it imposters like that dude in the bathroom? :ohhh:

What's the deal with the baby though? Put him in that big ass bonfire and Helen had to save him?

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
He definitely had the hood on lockdown. The consensus always been he was terrorizing Cabrini Green

Although, something that just occured to me was Candyman fukking people up or was it imposters like that dude in the bathroom? :ohhh:

What's the deal with the baby though? Put him in that big ass bonfire and Helen had to save him?
Exactly.

Many people's crimes were attributed to Candyman. He didn't do most of it. He only killed those who mocked his existence.

It was an allegory. Candyman represented the boogeyman of urban dysfunction; "it can never be changed". And yes, black innocence is in danger unless white society admits it's comfort needs to be sacrificed to make things right.

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

He was going to sacrifice himself, Helen and the baby.

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
I just found out the other day there is a trilogy :mindblown: