can you tell black people apart from different nationalities?

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
If their feet look like this, they probably from overseas. haven't seen an american breh barefooting a pair of thong sandles in decades.
feet-of-an-african-man-in-blue-flip-flops-on-a-stony-background-E94HYT.jpg

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
Anyone saying they can is a liar or has limited real world experience when it comes to people of different African cultures. Unless the accent and attire is there, Black ppl are indistinguishable from one another. Same goes for Whites, Cac Asians, South East Asians, Lations Middle Easterns and Indigenous ppl of the same continent. Throw in mixed/biracials and you got shyt like Jamaican/Japanese ppl looking like Arctic circle Inuits.

Ppl swear I'm from an island, even my own family think my father's side is Caribbean. My family has been on the continental US since the 1800s, the white side, even longer....but ppl swear I look like a Kodak Black Haitian :russ: i can recognize basic creole after 20+ years of Haitians trying to communicate with me

My moms side look mixed with Native American but they have nothing but Africanand European dna.

High Art

đź‘‘King of The Salonđź‘‘
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Myself and my own.
To a degree, yes. To a degree because I don't look African. Instead, people think I'm some kind of afrolatino. That said, a lot of black people from certain regions share some traits. I can even tell black people within the US from one place to another generally. Yes, a black person from Atlanta, for whatever reason, looks vastly different from a black person from Oakland. There are always exceptions but a lot of things stick out to me, so I'm never surprised when they say they are from this or that place.

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Yes.

Aside from people from the Horn of Africa -

I can spot Nigerians, Ghanaians, Egyptians, Black South Africans, Rwandan Tutsis, Nigeriens (mostly Hausa/Tuareg), and some Congolese

Seoul Gleou

Veteran
Daps
like 80% of the time

if someone is emeka udoku, i know that breh is nigerian. but if he's abdulrahim bilal. he could be from senegal, mali, somalia, egypt, etc. i can't know unless he tells me

RehReh

đź–¤GhettoEmpressđź–¤
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
Not really unless they ask me to study them hard and guess