can you tell black people apart from different nationalities?

Mike809

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
and if the thread title is too confusing , I don't mean from facial features :whoa::whoa:

I mean if you can tell if someone is Haitian , ADOS, Nigerian and any other member of the diaspora without talking to them , and just from a glance?

I know there's a meme here based on hairlines , does that actually work in real life? and do you sometimes get confused with a different nationality?

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
If their hairline ain't right I know they're non-FBA
full

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
When it comes to 2nd and 3rd gens here in the states, the answer is mostly no

That’s why there’s a whole thing of “checking backgrounds” in the first place

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
and if the thread title is too confusing , I don't mean from facial features :whoa::whoa:

I mean if you can tell if someone is Haitian , ADOS, Nigerian and any other member of the diaspora without talking to them , and just from a glance?

I know there's a meme here based on hairlines , does that actually work in real life? and do you sometimes get confused with a different nationality?
Easy with south and east africans. For example , south africans got a unique face shape, big forehead too (think of doja) ,and some are lightskin. Sudanese and ugandans can be extremely dark skinned, with unque bone structure. Ethipians have historically bad, pulled back hair lines, and have more or less the same face. Somalis have equaly bad hairlines, and they got a wavy hair texture going on. Malagasay, mauritians, etc have a mixed look to them cause of asian admixture

West africsns are bit more difficult to differentiate. Fba/afos , caribeans, etc are also difficult to tell apart due to random admixture both among african groups and among natives, whites, etc. . Cameroonians and senegalese tend to be on the darker end of the spectrum facially too. Haitians are kinda differentiatable cause of less admixture, and ive honestly never met a lightskinned haitian.

Algerians hot a very unique mixed look due to berber/arab admixture.

Blasians are indistiguishable to me, but all you can really tell is that they are Asian. Couldnt tell whether it was japan, korea, or vietnam. But i think filipino black people have a unique face that is different from the standard blasian

Finally, the hairline thing can be deceptive, no matter what tariq says. There are loads of fba/ados who grew up white adjacent or are extremely nerdy that dont keep a traditional african american hairline. Think of childish gambino or even the engineer dude on google's front page ; Jerry Lawson.

Last edited:

FrontoBama

U Can’t Reach The Sun
Daps
Reppin
Knicks & Dimes
I can do it with females because we naturally inspect them more And take note of patterns. I generally can’t tell with men other than a lot of West Indians be dark skin. Like u can tell instantly Bobby Shmurda is Jamaican if u from Brooklyn and his hairline is straight.

Many Jamaican women have distinctly hard faces and prominent noses like Spice (Don’t mean that offensively, I think Spice cute)

West African girls very often have the gap in the teeth...Different than the one some AA get.

A lot of Trini girls have very delicate features, Nia Long being the best example.

If a nikka telling you he can look at Rotimi or one of them nikkas and know he Nigerian he lyin or gay.