Can you pinpoint the year subway went from good quality to inedible ?

AlbertPullhoez

The Takeover
Daps
Reppin
Deuce Dime, TX
I really don't understand the Subway slander. It's other sandwich spots that'd I would definitely go to before them but Subway ain't bad to me

The Sweet Onion Chicken Teriyaki never lets me down

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
It’s never one thing. All these restaurants just start shorting ingredients one at a time to save money until a customer looks around one day and say “this shyt is trash :scust:

OT we’ve got a local pizza place that did the same thing. they used to be a premium pizza brand everything on the menu was high-quality. They had the best burgers in town. one by one, they started shorting ingredients, portion sizes smaller, raising prices. Funny someone just posted this thread because I was just thinking the last straw for me was this weekend I ordered their burger, and it arrived with a half sized patty. :scust:

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
It was never good. You was just broke/young.
I was going to say when my tastebuds grew up but this will work lol. I also stayed eating Pizza Hut, dominoes, and other wack ass franchise pizza before discovering local pizza joints. Some peoples tastebuds are too young, subway is trash af

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:
Subway was good to you if you didn't have other spots competing with them.

When you have other sub spots you realize subway really ain't all that.

You basically didn't know any better.. Jersey Mike's didn't start expanding out here to LA until within the last decade. Before that literally all we had was Subway.

Once I saw Jersey Mike's handle the meat right in front of me (:dame:) it was difficult to go back to Subway. Doubt the food has changed at all but my view of it has.. the idea of pre-sliced deli meat sitting out there all day disgusts me now.

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Never was good.
I remember when some of my indian coworkers would pick that as the location when we went out together for lunch :mjcry:
We get there and these wierdos getting vegetarian sandwiches with extra cucumbers and olives.