Can you draw?

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
My friend wanted some lettering done for one of his new weed ventures called Flex Caliber. Here's a couple quick mock-ups I did for him

Jv6wavVl.jpg
nbnXBIhl.jpg

h3gwDQ2l.jpg

Pazzy

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i used to draw when i was little. :mjcry: I wish i had kept up with it and properly learned in a real art school. When i see people making money out here making drawing and animating i be :snoop:on the inside sometimes.

What's stopping you from still doing it breh? :comeon:You're still alive. Unless you typing this with your feet or Alexa, you still have your hands right?

I stopped too when I was in my early teens going through whatever confusion and illusions dabbling with it up until last year where my cousin encouraged me to get back into it and I'm doing it. I'm not the best or the worst in my opinion but I'm doing what I feel is what might have been what should have been doing the whole time I was lost and confused. Better that than saying I can't.

I'm trying to upload some shyt that I drew for feedback but the coli is having uploading problems

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
What's stopping you from still doing it breh? :comeon:You're still alive. Unless you typing this with your feet or Alexa, you still have your hands right?
i'm into photography now. And there are some people out here that draw at extremely talented levels. Like i'd be starting at zero and i'm the type to jump fully into the shyt and i wouldn't have time for other stuff. I'm good with just enjoying other people's work.

Pazzy

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i'm into photography now. And there are some people out here that draw at extremely talented levels. Like i'd be starting at zero and i'm the type to jump fully into the shyt and i wouldn't have time for other stuff. I'm good with just enjoying other people's work.

fukk them. You remind me of myself when I used to want to quit drawing when I would see other people's shyts and compare it to my own or at one time, my freshman year art teacher would be all showing favoritism to another student telling the whole class how good he was and hurt my ego where he would straight up brush me off like I was garbage. I ended up giving that shyt up after freshman year. Like you, you sound like your heart is still into it where you're bothered that you're not doing it. So you might as well. Stop worrying about other people and what they're doing. Do what makes you happy. Be your biggest fan or your worst critique but draw.

I'm still trying to upload my shyt so you can see my point that I'm making. If I inspire you or someone tonight to follow their dream or heart by that shyt, hope it does.

Pazzy

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@8WON6

cFGKQi9.jpg

I tried to draw U God from the Wu Tang. To me, it ain't perfect but I tried. As long as Im drawing, I'm doing what I love. There's always room to improve as long as I'm doing it and most importantly alive. Might as well before you end up regretting not doing it at all, breh

Willie

Bring me back some Gushers and a Sprite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Ohio, USA
Daps
i used to draw when i was little. :mjcry: I wish i had kept up with it and properly learned in a real art school. When i see people making money out here making drawing and animating i be :snoop:on the inside sometimes.

:mjcry: me too, I used to have a real talent and when I would draw I felt free. I just pulled whatever i was drawing out of the ether and everything came out great. I had to stop though because my parents would beat my ass for drawing in school.

Talent doesn't die.

I want to believe but I worry that if I tried to create art after so many years and couldnt do it it would crush me spiritually.

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
:mjcry: me too, I used to have a real talent and when I would draw I felt free. I just pulled whatever i was drawing out of the ether and everything came out great. I had to stop though because my parents would beat my ass for drawing in school.

I want to believe but I worry that if I tried to create art after so many years and couldnt do it it would crush me spiritually.

I don't really draw much at all anymore, but when I do, though I am a bit rusty it never turns out that bad. Especially if I decide to dedicate some honest time into the piece that I'm working on. Just gotta get through the initial roughing, which is always the hardest part no matter how consistent you are.

Pazzy

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL

that's ego.

The key would be to draw everyday. Take whatever classes, buy books for tips and etc on how to become a better artist. It's work but since it's something we love, it won't feel like it.

I've been trying to make drawing a consistent habit but I get sleepy coming from work where I don't spend enough time practicing. About to practice when I come from the gym.