Can you draw?

IllustratorMike

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Native of the NYC, getting fed in the Big D!
penguinpic.jpg

Hulkheadsketch.jpg

SHYBweb.jpg

Old stuff I found that i did while rearranging files in my closet.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
I've been looking at this over and over and then it dawned on me....

This pic has that courtroom artist style to it. It's dope as fukk but I just couldn't place why it reminded me of something :gladbron:
Word.

And, for Black Americans, America is a 24/7 Court room... the dualities. :wow:

Stone Cold

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've been looking at this over and over and then it dawned on me....

This pic has that courtroom artist style to it. It's dope as fukk but I just couldn't place why it reminded me of something :gladbron:
Word.

And, for Black Americans, America is a 24/7 Court room... the dualities. :wow:

:patrice:Thanks family tryna master my own style right now

:yeshrug:

Capitol

Did this work
Daps
I was going to comment on the style, clicked on her instagram, saw how fat that ass was, and completely forgot what I was going to say. :mjlol:

Micron

Pro
Daps
I do the same as well.

Haven't had the chance to really experiment with digitally drawing. I be on my old fashioned shyt. :snoop:

Old school is how people get their fundamentals down. I have sketch books filled with drawings in storage, a couple of which had sketches all done in pen. With digital art you have a lot of flexibility especially when it comes to coloring. The airbrush tools in photoshop allow you to put whatever level of detail you want when it comes to shading and coloring.

h5fOMM7.jpg

This started off as a Black and White sketch of the woman. I loaded it into photoshop, put it behind a real photo, and then used the air brush tool to color it. I took my time with the details and the coloring came out nice. With PS if you have a clear idea of what you want to create, you can make anything. Getting the same level of detail with a regular airbrush would have required that I had a huge canvas.

Right now I'm trying to get my Frank Frazetta on and really polish my anatomy skills. I remember some of my little tricks that I use for anatomy, but not all of them. One of my college art professors always recommended sketching those skeletons in as much detail as possible. It was always kind of tedious but my proportions were always on point after I did it.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Old school is how people get their fundamentals down. I have sketch books filled with drawings in storage, a couple of which had sketches all done in pen. With digital art you have a lot of flexibility especially when it comes to coloring. The airbrush tools in photoshop allow you to put whatever level of detail you want when it comes to shading and coloring.

h5fOMM7.jpg

This started off as a Black and White sketch of the woman. I loaded it into photoshop, put it behind a real photo, and then used the air brush tool to color it. I took my time with the details and the coloring came out nice. With PS if you have a clear idea of what you want to create, you can make anything. Getting the same level of detail with a regular airbrush would have required that I had a huge canvas.

Right now I'm trying to get my Frank Frazetta on and really polish my anatomy skills. I remember some of my little tricks that I use for anatomy, but not all of them. One of my college art professors always recommended sketching those skeletons in as much detail as possible. It was always kind of tedious but my proportions were always on point after I did it.

Dope pic breh. Good shyt.

I feel where you coming from. I pretty much do everything in black ink and color shyt it in with Photoshop by using the mouse. I don't have the tablets and digital pens yet. I used to color and shade shyt myself, but the real good coloring pencils (ex: prisma colors) be expensive as fukk. When you stop and look at it, all that shyt cost about the same whether you old school or digital.

I haven't gotten that advanced with Photoshop yet. I mostly use it to color, but I'm working on expanding my knowledge in order to do more with it. I'm just scratching the surface with it now.
This some shyt I did the other day.