Can you draw?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thank you! I'm in school for 3D Animation, but classes are really short so you won't learn much if you don't practice in your free time. Most I've learned is from the internet. You should be glad to be alive today because there are SO many different resources available online. Of course nothing beats one-on-one learning, but you can definitely excel on your own. If you want to get into art, go for a digital media degree and build a robust portfolio (graphic design, painting, video editing, 3D modeling). That's what I'm doing.
I'm already into art pretty heavy actually and have a good grasp of what I'm doing lol. You're right, there are a lot of good resources out there ( I've learned from plenty ), but what you said about taking a mentor or one on one learning is especially true. So even though you can learn a lot on your own, take it from someone who has spent the last 5 years learning how to draw/paint with no tutelage whatsoever; the right bit of advice or critique can save you months-or even years-of heartache of trying to figure out things on your own.

With that said you got talent and I'm glad that you're studying outside of school too, learning the fundamentals of painting and drawing helps you in all art related fields; from fine art to animation to 3d modeling, which is why I wish more schools made it more of a priority to teach them.

Don't know if I wanna post my own work yet, but I think I'll toss up a throwaway piece I did later on though.

edit: I feel rude for posting in the middle of this back and forth. I apologize.

Last edited: