can we talk about how Koba is wrongly vilified

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This is by far the most forced Coli militant thread I've seen in a while.

:yeshrug: i watched the movie twice and i was with koba way more than caesar. the thought of helping humans basically get a leg up over the apes was downright silly to me. even the gary oldman character admits their long term intentions

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
i have no idea. maybe, maybe not. i would like to think that there was a genuine emotional connection made between the humans and the apes.

and you keep associating the human race with "cacs" but conveniently forget that the evil, soulless businessman from the first movie who signed off on all that shyt in the first place was a black dude.

humans represent whites & white supremacy to me :ld: regardless of how many token blacks they put in the movie.

having an emotional connection between a handful of apes and humans wont stop human nature. humans clearly remember a time when they dominated the world, why wouldn't they aspire to go back to that time?

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It ain't just that he shot caesar, it's also that backstabbers don't make good leaders. KOBA was angry for the wrong reasons, and reckless to boost. When you sacrifice your own without regard you make it easy for the enemy to divide and conquer. Thankfully that's a lesson that fukkboy Koba wasn't given time to learn.

Caesar wasn't no bytch, he was ready to go to war if provoked. To reach a compromise. And his followers knew that if they ever went to war it was because they were pushed into it, which solidifies morale. Caesar was trying to build his forces, Koba was eager to go live out a personal vendetta against all humans calling it Justice.

that's debatable, but i think caesar was backstabbing apes by allowing them to have electricity. koba may have had more personal animosity but he was angry for the right reason. caesar was handing over a sword to be later used against them. plus, caesar still a young buck with good intentions, koba is older, wiser, and understood the game

Claudex

Lord have mercy!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Motherland
that's debatable, but i think caesar was backstabbing apes by allowing them to have electricity. koba may have had more personal animosity but he was angry for the right reason. caesar was handing over a sword to be later used against them. plus, caesar still a young buck with good intentions, koba is older, wiser, and understood the game

Interesting view, how so? :ehh: I mean, eventually the Apes become the bearers of human society's fruits. So essentially Caesar was just showing the apes something they needed to be aware of, especially if they planned to overtake humans. Much like weapons were discovered by Koba, except that Caesar had a more tactical take on it.

Koba may have seemed wiser "about the cac-I mean-humans" but his ruthlessness was going to ensure that they lose more apes then necessary. Since the faster he destroyed humans the faster humans would adapt to him. Caesar was thinking more long-term as in; building his empire with enough forces while protecting their ground. And eventually would have the numbers to attack if the forest stopped being enough for them.

Koba was speeding up the process while they still didn't have enough numbers. Koba could've gotten them all killed. And he would've loved to die in battle. Except he would take many innocent/green apes with him. Caesar knew that in order to attack he needed a solid army, and he was still just building it.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Interesting view, how so? :ehh: I mean, eventually the Apes become the bearers of human society's fruits. So essentially Caesar was just showing the apes something they needed to be aware of, especially if they planned to overtake humans. Much like weapons were discovered by Koba, except that Caesar had a more tactical take on it.

Koba may have seemed wiser "about the cac-I mean-humans" but his ruthlessness was going to ensure that they lose more apes then necessary. Since the faster he destroyed humans the faster humans would adapt to him. Caesar was thinking more long-term as in; building his empire with enough forces while protecting their ground. And eventually would have the numbers to attack if the forest stopped being enough for them.

Koba was speeding up the process while they still didn't have enough numbers. Koba could've gotten them all killed. And he would've loved to die in battle. Except he would take many innocent/green apes with him. Caesar knew that in order to attack he needed a solid army, and he was still just building it.

the humans were about to run out of electricity, their quality of life was about to take an immediate dip. giving them access to the dam saved their lives and gave them the means to help rebuild their society and artillery. i understand what you're saying about waiting to get the #s up but there should have been no discussion over the dam.

what do you guys think the next movie will be about? i assume they wont hug it out and live peacefully ever after :mjpls:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Koba was a real g, f all that peaceful ish, nikkazx locked in zoos and ish, koba remembered those days, koba is the militant type of cat I respect, all that kumbaya turn the other cheek help out the enemy :childplease:. This nikka wanted war and went to their front gates to eradicate the enemy

Claudex

Lord have mercy!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Motherland
the humans were about to run out of electricity, their quality of life was about to take an immediate dip. giving them access to the dam saved their lives and gave them the means to help rebuild their society and artillery. i understand what you're saying about waiting to get the #s up but there should have been no discussion over the dam.

what do you guys think the next movie will be about? i assume they wont hug it out and live peacefully ever after :mjpls:
:obama:
True, but at the same time electricity would be a great asset for the apes. I mean, one of the solutions/problems with being sentient is that you crave to evolve all the time and with electricity the apes just found a way to make their future better technologically speaking. Plus it gave Caesar a way to create a connection between apes and humans, since extermination sounds cool but is usually bad for business (wars claim too many lives).
But to answer your question I don't think there's gonna be any kumbaya anytime soon. For better or worse Koba got what he wanted, hate between Apes and Humans.:wow:

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
All Caesar needed to do was investigate the humans instead of trusting them.

" :ufdup:I'll let you work on the dam but we're taking all of your weapons. You'll be monitored and any signs of aggressions will be an act of war."

All Koba has to do was inform Caesar of the weapons without questioning his authority.

Claudex

Lord have mercy!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Motherland
All Caesar needed to do was investigate the humans instead of trusting them.

" :ufdup:I'll let you work on the dam but we're taking all of your weapons. You'll be monitored and any signs of aggressions will be an act of war."

All Koba has to do was inform Caesar of the weapons without questioning his authority.
But the homie Koba was like: "Naaah B, fukk. All. That. We goin' to war!!"
:russ:
Fun-fact: Apparently Koba was named after Joseph-Stalin, who insisted that his peers call him Koba. :mjlol:

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
nikkas say im trolling but i bet the next movie is about humans getting the upper hand and attacking apes :mjpls:

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nikkas say im trolling but i bet the next movie is about humans getting the upper hand and attacking apes :mjpls:

I don't get the troll thing. It's a legit argument.

Man I was watching the movie like, "Don't trust the humans Caesar :damn: "

Koba could have just came back with the intel he gathered but he came through flexing. If they only met half way :mjcry:

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't get the troll thing. It's a legit argument.

Man I was watching the movie like, "Don't trust the humans Caesar :damn: "

Koba could have just came back with the intel he gathered but he came through flexing. If they only met half way :mjcry:

pretty much :ehh: i don't know if i'm supposed to like caesar or what, but he came off as incredibly naive to me

Tikal

Coming thru like BLAOW
Daps
Reppin
:ahh:
I thought the difference on how Caesar and Koba viewed the humans was a dope. Knowing what the humans did and are capable of but does it make it right to kill all humans? I could understan both were Caesar and Koba were coming from (and apply it to real life).

But ultimately Koba had to pay the price for (trying to ) breaking the rule: Ape must not kill ape! :demonic: