Can we officially call the universal championship a flop?

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Hideous belt? Check

Awful name? Check

Lack of established title belt lineage to draw from? Check

Lack of memorable matches? Check

Lack of compelling championship reigns? Check

The crowd spent the entire unveiling of it and its first match shytting on the name and belt. The majority of its existence it’s been held by a guy who isn’t even there half the time. At this point Brock is only holding the belt to pass punk’s mark of 434 days and it doesn’t mean shyt because that belt has no credible history behind it. The other title run was basically a honky tonk man type run. Send this fruit roll up looking title to the bushes :camby:. The fact that a match for this worthless title headlined Wrestlemania :martin: :scust:

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
There should only be ONE world title in a promotion.

/thread

:hhh:The fact that there's over a hundred title belts in the WWE right now just frustrating to keep up with. Hell, I don't even know whose the US champion :francis:. Does Brawn have to defend the Saudi belt:dwillhuh:? Like wtf:what:

WalkGawd

Pro
Daps
All of the reigns have been trash. Finn's reign was one day, KO getting the belt in general was never really explained (with HHH's help), Goldberg's was okay for a little while, and then Brock has just been boring af for me.

They need to have an actual worker hold the belt. I would rather have Rollins hold it at this point.

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
All of the reigns have been trash. Finn's reign was one day, KO getting the belt in general was never really explained (with HHH's help), Goldberg's was okay for a little while, and then Brock has just been boring af for me.

They need to have an actual worker hold the belt. I would rather have Rollins hold it at this point.

Basically there hasn't been a decent Universal Title reign since KO held it and Jericho was a big part of that. Goldberg's reign was a cool nostalgic moment. Brock though, jesus, this guy single handedly ruined the Raw main event, you got Braun out here tagging with kids, Rollins tagging with Jason Jordan and being stuck in the upper mid card, at least he's a good IC champ. Finn out here with a LGBT gimmick.

IC Title division (and US title) should be based around some of the young guys like Elias, Almas, Drew Mac, Corbin, etc.

Universal Title scene should be based around Seth Rollins, Roman Reigns, Braun Strowman, Bobby Lashley, Finn Balor, etc.

This the new Reign of Terror.

Last edited: