Can we get a jazz thread poppin?

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
yes i didn';t appreciate jazz as a kid, same why I didn't appreciate all my parents did like taking me to disney world etc.

Now that I'm older I appreciate the litle things in life. yes ten years ago i'd laugh at jazz and look at as so boring, as i'd download my kay slay or big mike mixtape and fill my mind with ignorance.

concise

Veteran
Daps
Different people like the same thing for different reasons. :laugh: at you getting angry because my or reincar's experience with Jazz doesn't exactly mirror your own.

yes i didn';t appreciate jazz as a kid, same why I didn't appreciate all my parents did like taking me to disney world etc.

Now that I'm older I appreciate the litle things in life. yes ten years ago i'd laugh at jazz and look at as so boring, as i'd download my kay slay or big mike mixtape and fill my mind with ignorance.

:pacspit:

///Vega+++

All Star
Daps
My fav instruments in jazz are the piano... (besides the well known Thelonious Monk, Bill Evans, McCoy Tyner, Herbie Hancock, etc lesser known acts that deserve recognition namely include Bud Powell, Andrew Hill, George Cables and Hampton Hawes

...and the trumpet (beyond Gillepsie, Davis, Hubbard you could look for some Woody Shaw, Booker Little and "Hannibal" Marvin Peterson)

IronFist

⛩️ 18 Arhat ⛩️
Supporter
Daps
also for those that have heard him play what are yall thoughts on Ravi Coltrane (Coltrane's son)?

///Vega+++

All Star
Daps
sorry for the couple yt vids that aren't working
Imma re-upload them elsewhere
in the meantime more deep ish...