Can we all admit that Notorious (movie) was a complete embarrassment?

USSInsiders

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:what:

it has nothing to do with pac. its about you talking tough behind a computer screen.

now kick rocks. i feel like im losing brain cells talking to you.

thats basically what i said homebwoy.

and please, feel free to list these actors that could portray pac. you have the floor.

cease was a teenager. and im sure the dude that played him was a legal adult when he did this movie, or at least was older than cease during the period that they were portraying.

ole boy has been acting just as long as cease has been rapping.

they messed up because dude looks way too innocent to be playing cease. thats why i said, they shouldve got some hungry actors literally fresh off the streets, even if they werent very polished. they dont do stuff like that anymore. thats why these movies lack authenticity now.

That's not what you said. You said it would be hard to portray him. You're implying he's a tough character to emulate. Just find any black guy, have him go bald, tell him to basically act extremely effeminate, but when the going get's tough, go from being all-out homo to a straight up thug. Basically, you're asking an actor to act like most rappers in the industry, hell you could have Game play Pac. :heh:

I'm not a casting director, but there are plenty of talented guys out there that could do it if the effort was made. I'm sure of it.

Are there people that can do it? Of course. I honestly thought Anthony Mackie wasn't as bad as people were making it out to be and he looked somewhat like him.

There are plenty of black actors somewhere out there with the talent, it's just a question of finding them. If a casting director with the money to pay top tier talent went out of his way, I'd bet you'd find the guy to play Tupac.

Tupac isn't the first real human being portrayed on stage/film. Most "based on a true story" movies you see are completely embellished or altered to make it work, and that also includes finding people that you can cast.

The hardest part would be finding someone who can authentically take a dikk and look suspect. That would be the toughest part of portraying Pac in my opinion. :ohword:

Honestly, I bet Jamie Foxx would be perfect for it. I mean he's actually a gay man pretending to be straight so he'd be perfect for playing Pac.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
When lil cease got in the truck I was :dead:

They had a kid play him :beli:

:why:

He wasn't a kid. At the time of the movie, dude was in the age range of Cease from '94-'97 (age 17-20). Cease didn't exactly look a grown up himself at that time. In fact, he was a teenager when he met Big and was no more than 20 when Biggie died.

Urbanmiracle

Brooklyn the planet...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn son
Everything was ok up until the Quad studio shooting when this nikka biggie told everyone to stay upstairs and he was gonna :cape: pac.

:wtf:

Like seriously

:wtf:

No way biggie was like ima go downstairs and save pac. After that it was a fairy tale

Thanks diddy :wtb:

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
so poor and fat biggie fukked the gorgeous lil kim first time they actually spoke, just like that, that's where I knew something was wrong with this film

:yeshrug: dude had mad game. i remeber readin some xxl interview with his bm Jan, she said he had crazy charisma or somethin like that

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
The movie was as good as could be expected i suppose. No one should have expected anything classic or Oscar worthy when this came out.

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
That's not what you said. You said it would be hard to portray him. You're implying he's a tough character to emulate. Just find any black guy, have him go bald, tell him to basically act extremely effeminate, but when the going get's tough, go from being all-out homo to a straight up thug. Basically, you're asking an actor to act like most rappers in the industry, hell you could have Game play Pac. :heh:

I'm not a casting director, but there are plenty of talented guys out there that could do it if the effort was made. I'm sure of it.

Are there people that can do it? Of course. I honestly thought Anthony Mackie wasn't as bad as people were making it out to be and he looked somewhat like him.

and this is exactly why youre not a casting director.

and yes. i did say that it would be hard to portray him. and theres 10 years worth of proof to backup my statement.

USSInsiders

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
and this is exactly why youre not a casting director.

and yes. i did say that it would be hard to portray him. and theres 10 years worth of proof to backup my statement.

:skip: you know they don't necessarily have a magical list of names, right?

A casting director is responsible for holding auditions and overseeing them. It's not rocket science, b.

You're giving :pachaha: too much credit. Any human being could do it. You ever heard of the Bob Dylan movie where they had like 4 different actors play him and they even got a bytch to play him? You're underestimating the artistic effort of certain directors when they want to do a story. Think outside the box b, if someone wanted to get it done, they'd get it done.

The reason we're seeing so many shytty movies with Tupac is because they're either independent or they were such small roles they didn't give a shyt and just half-assed it.

Even if someone didn't look like him it's amazing what Hollywood make-up artists can do.

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
:skip: you know they don't necessarily have a magical list of names, right?

A casting director is responsible for holding auditions and overseeing them. It's not rocket science, b.

You're giving :pachaha: too much credit. Any human being could do it. You ever heard of the Bob Dylan movie where they had like 4 different actors play him and they even got a bytch to play him? You're underestimating the artistic effort of certain directors when they want to do a story. Think outside the box b, if someone wanted to get it done, they'd get it done.

The reason we're seeing so many shytty movies with Tupac is because they're either independent or they were such small roles they didn't give a shyt and just half-assed it.

Even if someone didn't look like him it's amazing what Hollywood make-up artists can do.

most of the people that portrayed 2pac were established actors buddy. matter fact, i cant think of any instances where pac's character was portrayed by an actor that wasnt established. so what are you saying?

and again, if it was so easy to play pac, then why was production on his movie halted? dont you know that thats the reason why they stopped production on the movie? youre avoiding this like the plague.

i realize that youre just yapping just to yap. no offense but im not into the simple chit. have a nice night.

USSInsiders

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
most of the people that portrayed 2pac were established actors buddy. matter fact, i cant think of any instances where pac's character was portrayed by an actor that wasnt established. so what are you saying?

and again, if it was so easy to play pac, then why was production on his movie halted? dont you know that thats the reason why they stopped production on the movie? youre avoiding this like the plague.

i realize that youre just yapping just to yap. no offense but im not into the simple chit. have a nice night.

:russ: Because the company doing it is broke as shyt

:youngsabo: Will Bankruptcy Stop Tupac’s Biopic from Hitting the Screen? - Black Enterprise

I'm not talking to talk, I'm just telling you that you there's a lot that goes on with movies.

They haven't cast anybody because frankly, this is a story that the vast majority of people don't give a fukk. Movies are very expensive.

I'm not repeating myself, but I already made the point about the cost of casting, developing, etc.

This shyt isn't cheap. If some bigger company felt this type of project was worth the investment they would've done it by now.

This is a very volatile story so good luck with zionist, white controlled Hollywood signing off on a biopic about everything they stood against.

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
john singleton scrapped the project before all of that.

youre saying that nobody wants to see a 2pac movie? lol.

good point with that last comment tho. thats the only reason i responded.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Man that shyt was straight comedy. The Tupac, Puffy and Lil Cease characters had me both :dead: and :snoop:

MBwithadream

All Star
Bushed
Daps
better than the Flex as Michael Jackson joint
1.jpg

I saw that :deadmanny:

Wise

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL