Can we all admit that Life After Death is the greatest Hip Hop album of all time?

Izanami

Superstar
Daps
It’s def a top candidate for that title. It served as a template for a lot of mainstream albums. Biggie was able to rap like Bone, make a west coast record, a song for the ladies, a song for the clubs, a lyrical rAp diss, a vivid storytelling track, a comedy skit track, an introspective track. Jadakiss tried to do the same album many times reaching for other regions sounds and collaborating with other regions artist.

Does Jay work with UGK if Big doesn’t do a notorious Thug? Tracks like I know what girls like is Jay trying recreate that sound. Same goes for Sunshine. Small World by Nas on I Am... sounds like a beat made for LAD and feels like a Biggie record. That imagery....”Carolyn from Maryland, sounds like a a character in a big story track.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I gave disc 1 a run through yesterday and it is still :whew: after 20+ years. Disc 2 is also crazy, just not as consistent as Disc 1. Still, there are classic songs on both discs and there's about 5 filler songs total. Classic album and I take Life After Death over Ready To Die because 2 discs of great music >>>>>>> 1. I don't think LAD is GOAT, but I see why people would put it up there.

Asicz

Presume the unpredictable
Daps
Juelz made a compelling argument for LID being the goat album on I think a VLOG.