Can the Lakers be the Cowboys of the NBA this season?

smitty22

Is now part of Thee Alliance. Ill die for this ish
Supporter
Daps
http://www.lakersnation.com/top-videos-kobe-bryant-and-steve-nash-are-looking-good/2014/09/28/

almost everyone is counting out the Lakers this season, much like the Cowboys were counted out before the NFL season. now at the quarter mark, they are 3-1 and looking like a playoff team.

I think the Lakers will be MUCH better than many think. They are not a title contender, there really are only 4 teams you can count as title contenders in the league. But I think they can be a 5-6 seed in the West. Kobe and Nash will have resugent seasons. And Julius Randle will be ROY.

They'll be ALOT better than people think.
Can u be the woat poster again? :sadcam:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
On Paper the lakers are not better than the following west teams
Spurs
OKC
Clippers
Houston
Blazers
Warriors
Memphis
Dallas
Phoenix
New Orleans

So if your rooting for the lakers you would best hope for injuries to decimate other teams while Kobe and Nash play like it's 2006 again. I could see the lakers winning between 42-45 games if all breaks well for them, but even so that's not enough wins to make the playoffs in the wild wild west.

Also for dallas, let's wait until december when they usually implode to judge them correctly.

on PAPER the Lakers were supposed to be in the 2012 nba finals.

paper means nothing in sports. every year we have teams that surprise and teams that dissapoint. last year no one saw the Blazers being as good as they were. I think this Lakers team can be last years Blazers.

they'll shock people by how good they are.

Dayco23

World Champion
Daps
Reppin
Ohio
How is Kobe "injury prone"? Yes, he tore his achilles at the very end of the 2013 season, and never fully recovered from it in 2014 which caused strain on the knee, but from 2011-2013...he missed a grand total of 12 games.

That's less than LeBron did, Kyrie Irving did, AND Kevin Love did over the same 3 season period. Im sure you arent calling them "injury prone":mjpls:

So what breh? Neither would the starting SG or C on the Thunder....that doesnt mean anything really:manny:

You must havent seen much of Pau Gasol over the past 3 seasons. Their stats are about equal, save for the minutes, but Boozer is a much more physical player and better rebounder. I'd take it.

Having Dwight Howard doesnt mean anything. What happened to the Rockets with Howard surrounded by Harden, Parsons, Jones, and Beverley last season? They lost in the 1st round and he only won 2 more games than he did with the a lineup of Gasol, World Peace, Goudelock, and Morris in the playoffs:usure:

I disagree. The Cavs were an awful team with an awful roster...Byron's not an awful coach. His track record with the Hornets and Nets say differently

The eighth seed last year was 49-33, in 2013 it was 45-37, in 2012 it was a shortened season so Im not counting it, in 2011 it was 46-36, in 2010 it was 50-32, and in 2009 it was 48-34.

That's a 5 full season average of 48-34 for the 8th seed.

Can the Lakers win 48 games? Yes, it's possible. It's not something that cannot be done...but it's not something that can be guaranteed. It's not a number that out of the realms of possibilty though:yeshrug:

-Cmon breh stop making excuses. Im not talkin about 3 years ago im talking now. Kobe and Nash were injured a majority of last season. They are injury prone until they prove otherwise. Last I checked LBJ, KI and Love played a a lot of last season.

-It matters because SF might be the most important position in the league these days and the Lakers dont have one.

-You replaced Pau with Boozer, quit actin like that will contribute to any more wins.

-DHoward leaving was a huge L. Hes a top 3 center in the league. How deep they get in the playoffs aint an issue if youre not there in the first place. IIR Houston made the playoffs last year in the deep ass WC and the Lakers didnt. Also, I think Kobe was injured during those playoffs when they got booted in the 1st round.

-Byron Scott in his most recent coaching gig was awful. With the Cavs he was lackadaisical and disinterested. You never want that attitude from your coach. It hindered player development and respect. Hes a retread.

- If you think the Lakers will win more than 45 games this year in that Western Conference, I feel bad for you. In the East they would have a chance, but not in the West. There are about 10 teams out West that are better than the Lakers.

It's okay to admit it, theyre :trash: and the Clippers run that town

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
-Cmon breh stop making excuses. Im not talkin about 3 years ago im talking now. Kobe and Nash were injured a majority of last season. They are injury prone until they prove otherwise. Last I checked LBJ, KI and Love played a a lot of last season.

You dont become "injury prone" because of 1 season breh. That's what im saying.

Kobe has NEVER been injury prone. Nash, yes, he's been injured most of the time in LA. Kobe? No. You cant give him that tag because he suffered 1 single injury.

That would be as if LeBron messes up his MCL or something, misses 35-40 games, and then we just label him injury prone.

And yes, Kyrie IS injury prone (we already know that) and so is Kevin Love if you're saying Kobe is. 2013 season, Love only played in 18 games.

-It matters because SF might be the most important position in the league these days and the Lakers dont have one.

I dont think it is. A legit big man (either 4 or 5) is the most important position in the NBA.

-You replaced Pau with Boozer, quit actin like that will contribute to any more wins.

Im not saying it will, but how can you say so matter of factly it wont? Boozer's ability on the offensive boards (combined with Hill and Randle) will make us a great rebounding team....something we lacked with Pau on the interior.

-DHoward leaving was a huge L. Hes a top 3 center in the league. How deep they get in the playoffs aint an issue if youre not there in the first place. IIR Houston made the playoffs last year in the deep ass WC and the Lakers didnt. Also, I think Kobe was injured during those playoffs when they got booted in the 1st round.

He won 2 games with a very good supporting class in the playoffs. That's it. He's not a factor and was DESTROYED by Lamarcus Aldridge with ease. He may be a "top 3 Center", but he's barely a Top 10 BIG MAN (PF and C) in the NBA.

Love, Cousins, Davis, Aldridge, Duncan, Griffin, Dirk, Horford, Jefferson, Noah, Bosh, Lopez, Randolph?

-Byron Scott in his most recent coaching gig was awful. With the Cavs he was lackadaisical and disinterested. You never want that attitude from your coach. It hindered player development and respect. Hes a retread.

Nobody was winning with that Cavs roster. No coach. The roster was awful

- If you think the Lakers will win more than 45 games this year in that Western Conference, I feel bad for you. In the East they would have a chance, but not in the West. There are about 10 teams out West that are better than the Lakers.

It's okay to admit it, theyre :trash: and the Clippers run that town

If you think the Clippers run LA you're sadly mistaken:camby:

Lakers will always be the #1 franchise on the West Coast.

The Browns run Cleveland though and you better HOPE the Cavs win with this custom built roster or the Cavs will remain 1 of the laughingstocks of the NBA. Aint no excuses for NOT winning the title no matter how passive LeBron tries to be about it.

He better win with this stacked lineup:ufdup:

Last edited:

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hell the Fukk no.

Lakers are gonna have Nash, Kobe, Boozer, and some random SF. The defense of that team is absolutely laughable and they're gonna get roasted by the West.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Kobe is injury prone. He just played through his injuries.

And so has LeBron...does that make him injury prone?

Kevin Love just missed 64 games 1 season ago, and Kyrie Irving is always banged up and missing games.

If Kobe Bryant is injury prone, so are they.

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Daps
And so has LeBron...does that make him injury prone?

Kevin Love just missed 64 games 1 season ago, and Kyrie Irving is always banged up and missing games.

If Kobe Bryant is injury prone, so are they.
Lebron doesn't get injured. At least not like Kobe.

Kobe has had knee issues every year since 02, broken several fingers, plantar fasciitis, sprained ankles, torn Achilles, strained hip, back spasms, dislocated his shoulder multiple times in the mid-2000's etc.

llt23

All Star
Daps
For those that think Byron Scott is a good coach.........:mjlol:

Talking about the Nets seasons as if he did anything. He just folds his arms while his assistants try to draw up plays. Jason Kidd was the actual coach of that team. Not only that do yall even remember those Nets teams? They were horrible in half court sets. Im sorry Laker brehs, but yall getting fooled yet again.:patrice:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
For those that think Byron Scott is a good coach.........:mjlol:

Talking about the Nets seasons as if he did anything. He just folds his arms while his assistants try to draw up plays. Jason Kidd was the actual coach of that team. Not only that do yall even remember those Nets teams? They were horrible in half court sets. Im sorry Laker brehs, but yall getting fooled yet again.:patrice:

No one said Byron Scott is a "good coach". I said he isnt an "awful coach".

The Cavs roster was horrible, nobody was winning with that team.