Can the CHAMPS Dim the Beam? Official Warriors (#6) vs. Kings (#3) 1st Round Series Thread

YOUR WINNER

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

T.he I.nformant

1st Ballot HOF Teller
Daps
Reppin
Wherever nikkas need to be told on
Chuck sound crazy as hell saying the Kings are better than the Warriors

That’s not to say the Kings can’t win this series tomorrow but it just fukking sounds crazy given GSW has Steph, Klay, Dray, Wiggs, Looney, etc

Last edited:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Where you getting this idea they never had injury luck go against them? You look at the last 8 seasons it's literally a 50/50 split between years they had good and bad injury luck

2016 Steph missed six games in the middle of the playoffs with a knee sprain and was playing injured the rest of the way. Starting center and lone rim protector missed the last 3 games of the Finals. How was that lucky?

Lol at Bogut being the "lone rim protector" when he had only played 10 minutes the game before he got hurt and Draymond was DPOY.

And Steph averaged 29-7-7 on 52% from 2pt and 40% from 3pt in his first 9 games after he came back from injury. Yes, he was closer to 90% than 100%, but y'all bytch about Steph being only 90% way too much.

On the other hand, the Cavs' 3rd best player got a concussion in the 2nd game, missed the next game and was useless the rest of the series. Their starting center was coming off injury and ineffective (went from 14 and 8 on 55% shooting in the 2015 Finals to 1 and 1 on 33% shooting in the 2016 Finals). And their 6th man Shumpert was dealing with injuries and ended up useless (3ppg on 30% shooting, 26% from 3pt).

Love, Mosgov, and Shump all being practically useless for the series was a bigger loss than Bogut missing 2.5 games (when he'd only played 10-12 minutes the previous couple games anyway) and Steph being at 90% instead of 100%.

But the Warriors and their fans are destined to portray themselves as permanently aggrieved victims no matter how much reality shows otherwise.

Georgiamuscle

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Rise up!
Chuck sound crazy as hell saying the Kings are better than the Warriors

That’s not to say the Kings can’t win this series tomorrow but it just fukking sounds crazy given GSW had Steph, Klay, Dray, Wiggs, Looney, etc
They all played in Game 6. Why didn’t they close it then?

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Klay was out 2.5 straight seasons with injuries on a max contract after that, killing any chance they had to contend in 20 and 21. How that don't count as their injury luck evening out?

LOL at this bullshyt. Golden State even if you SUBTRACT Klay's contract would have the 6th-highest team salary in the NBA in 2021. They still had Steph at $43 million, Wiggins at $30 million, Draymond at $22 million, Oubre at $14 million, Wiseman at $9 million, Looney at $5 million, not to mention Poole, Livingston, Payton, Bazemore, Lee.

Golden State and their $171 million in salaries couldn't even win a single play-in game against the Lakers ($139 million) or Grizzlies ($132 million). Meanwhile Phoenix ($128 million) and Milwaukee ($136 million) were the Finals teams that year, but for Golden State ($136 million even without counting Klay) it was impossible?

I remember LeBron making the Finals without his THREE highest paid teammates in 2015, when the highest paid player left on the roster was JR Smith at $6.5 million. But I guess Steph has no chance at all unless the odds are overwhelmingly in his favor.

The idea of the team with by far the highest salaries in the NBA over the last 7 years bytching about their salary situation is rich.

T.he I.nformant

1st Ballot HOF Teller
Daps
Reppin
Wherever nikkas need to be told on
They all played in Game 6. Why didn’t they close it then?
Series is 3-3

GSW got outplayed last game

I’m not conceding that the Kings are better at this point

GSW has 3 surefire HOFers, four championships during this run, and are the defending champs

It’s gonna feel like an upset if they lose this game 7

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
early start will benefit kings. we'll see if they can keep their poise. crowd will be insane

Mike Wins

Superstar
Daps
LOL at this bullshyt. Golden State even if you SUBTRACT Klay's contract would have the 6th-highest team salary in the NBA in 2021. They still had Steph at $43 million, Wiggins at $30 million, Draymond at $22 million, Oubre at $14 million, Wiseman at $9 million, Looney at $5 million, not to mention Poole, Livingston, Payton, Bazemore, Lee.

Golden State and their $171 million in salaries couldn't even win a single play-in game against the Lakers ($139 million) or Grizzlies ($132 million). Meanwhile Phoenix ($128 million) and Milwaukee ($136 million) were the Finals teams that year, but for Golden State ($136 million even without counting Klay) it was impossible?

I remember LeBron making the Finals without his THREE highest paid teammates in 2015, when the highest paid player left on the roster was JR Smith at $6.5 million. But I guess Steph has no chance at all unless the odds are overwhelmingly in his favor.

The idea of the team with by far the highest salaries in the NBA over the last 7 years bytching about their salary situation is rich.

The hell you babbling about? This shyt has nothing to do with the point I was making. Take this Bron stan bullshyt elsewhere :mjlol:

Mike Wins

Superstar
Daps
Lol at Bogut being the "lone rim protector" when he had only played 10 minutes the game before he got hurt and Draymond was DPOY.

And Steph averaged 29-7-7 on 52% from 2pt and 40% from 3pt in his first 9 games after he came back from injury. Yes, he was closer to 90% than 100%, but y'all bytch about Steph being only 90% way too much.

On the other hand, the Cavs' 3rd best player got a concussion in the 2nd game, missed the next game and was useless the rest of the series. Their starting center was coming off injury and ineffective (went from 14 and 8 on 55% shooting in the 2015 Finals to 1 and 1 on 33% shooting in the 2016 Finals). And their 6th man Shumpert was dealing with injuries and ended up useless (3ppg on 30% shooting, 26% from 3pt).

Love, Mosgov, and Shump all being practically useless for the series was a bigger loss than Bogut missing 2.5 games (when he'd only played 10-12 minutes the previous couple games anyway) and Steph being at 90% instead of 100%.

But the Warriors and their fans are destined to portray themselves as permanently aggrieved victims no matter how much reality shows otherwise.

I don't care about your Klutch Sports talking points