Can someone from Philly explain why Cliff Huxtable was eating hoagies instead of cheesesteak?

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:mjlol: This can’t be your proof

There’s nothing to prove :mjlol:

You know damn well every store’s sign always says “Philly Subs, Steaks, Hoagies”. Stop acting new for the Coli :mjlol: everybody I grew up with calls it a Sub primarily, very few call them Hoagies. I heard it before but it’s rare to say. When you go to Wawa, it’s called a Sub. I lived in Chester. I guess everyone I knew just happened to not use the word Hoagie around me in all of these years. Maybe y’all prefer that term instead in Philly. I’ll admit I lived in Chester and other suburbs around Philly.

RedBull

All Star
Daps
Reppin
On KRS One's nose, eating sunflower seeds.
Did my Googles: Quora

“Hoagie seems most popular in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. Hero seems centered around New York City, and Grinder is common in New England.

You will also find Italian sandwiches in Maine and Poor Boys in Louisiana.

I’m not sure I would really put the Po' boy in the same category. Although it is served on a long baguette, it usually contains roast beef or fried seafood rather than cold cuts.”

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
1. The show wasn't set in Philly so Cliff wasn't getting cheesesteaks in BK

2. Cliff always said he was getting hoagies from The White House which is this spot in Jersey:

58a5ccc298fa5.image.jpg

3. Cosby probably just preferred hoagies over cheesesteaks