Can someone explain Drake's thought process behind the Whitney, Dave Free and Top Dawg angles?

GilSho

Veteran
Daps
I thought even the Taylor Swift and G-Checking angles were pointless too but I can see what he was attempting to do.

Did he feel he had to get personal because of the Pusha T battle or something because none of that shyt makes a lick of sense. It just felt like he was throwing shyt at the wall to see what sticks. Kendrick just rebutted all of it with more offense and invalidated his claims at the Pop Out.

I don't think he had any dirt on Kendrick which explains why his best performance in the entire battle was the second verse on Family Matters which was essentially filler. He bodied all those nikkas but no one cared about any of them.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
Tbf, Family Matters was huge in real time(IE that 40mins-60mins) before Meet the Grahams dropped). I’m not Drake biggest fan, but Drake rapped his ass off and the criticisms of Kendrick(fake hotep, etc) seemed like legit gripes and criticisms others have had. Lie or truth, it was a genius move in real time to talk about the co-parenting, cuckoldry, and the alleged domestic. Kendrick is just REALLY good at the counter attack and stuck with the verifiable stuff(with the exception of the daughter). Ppl were digging up old videos and photos of Drake with young women for weeks.

Rosecrans

CPT
Supporter
Daps
He lied about his accent and his past tense, all is perjury
He lied about his ghostwriters, he lied about his crew members
They all p*ssy, he lied on 'em, I know they all got him in 'em
He lied about his son,
he lied about them other kids that's out there hopin' that he come
He lied about the only artist that can offer him some help
fukk a rap battle, this a long life battle with himself

Last edited:

DarkandHellisHot

All Star
Daps
You can't expect much from a guy that calls himself a clown in a space of 4 verses

The ones that you're getting your stories from, they all clowns
I am a war general sеasoned in preparation
My jacket is covеred in medals, honor and decoration
You waited for this moment, overcome with the desperation

We plotted for a week, and then we fed you the information

giphy.gif

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
You can't expect much from a guy that calls himself a clown in a space of 4 verses

The ones that you're getting your stories from, they all clowns
I am a war general sеasoned in preparation
My jacket is covеred in medals, honor and decoration
You waited for this moment, overcome with the desperation

We plotted for a week, and then we fed you the information

giphy.gif

Coli nikkas from NY, Detroit, and other eastern/midwest cities said Family Ties was super lyrical and the best song of the beef :laff: