Can Simone Biles Dunk

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
My dude, let’s not do this. I have two gymnast daughters and have helped put together and break down floors for gymnastics competitions.

The floor can do more than one thing. It can absorb downward force AND propel someone upward when significant force is applied. If you walk on a gymnastics floor it feels like you’re on a stiff trampoline. I know from personal experience
And my niece was literally homeschooled in a gym for like 2 years. Competed in Olympic facilities, etc. We were hopimg this would be her year but that shyt was too expensive.
This was a good back and forth so I researched a bit.
And because nikkaz was calling people dumb for just having an interesting thought.

@Buddy is right

Idk maybe his daughters really are on some kinda bouncy beginners mat or something :ld:

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Maybe a kids ball on a gymnastics floor

She should try it for the world to see

Daps
Wrong question.

Can Simone touch a 10' rim?

She can probably get net but it's a crapshoot. Definitely has a shot with a running start...NBA style but....NFL Combine jumping straight up without running?

I'd guess her NFL vertical is at least 30" maybe 35". NBA style vertical, she might hit 40"

mag357

Superstar
Daps
Video doesn't dispute anything. Nobody is saying she's jumping on a trampoline out there, but she is skilled (as are the other gymnasts) in using force to activate the springs to get the height they need to do those flips. A 10 pound medicine ball doesn't compare and won't have the same force of a 100lb Simone Biles springing off the mat. Using that video's example, if Biles is lightly jumping on that trampoline, she's getting more height than that medicine ball. It's the same with a spring-loaded floor, just to a much lesser extent.

Nah... Im not like most people. I don't find one video or article and base my thinking on that one thing.

This video was just something I found after reading what alot of people in the sport and cheerleading were saying about floors, Mats and the spring floors

It's what the dude @Buddy was saying. It's more about shock absorption. Maybe its more bouncy than a regular floor but nothing real crazy

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
Nah... Im not like most people. I don't find one video or article and base my thinking on that one thing.

This video was just something I found after reading what alot of people in the sport and cheerleading were saying about floors, Mats and the spring floors

It's what the dude @Buddy was saying. It's more about shock absorption. Maybe its more bouncy than a regular floor but nothing real crazy
I think brehs are stuck on the fact that there's springs, so thats GOTTA mean you're bouncing-- without appreciating the fact that it's designed for a specific purpose. Gymnastics is all about agility, poise, control. You can't do that kinda shyt binging and boinging your way across the mat :heh:

Prodyson

All Star
Daps
This was a good back and forth so I researched a bit.
And because nikkaz was calling people dumb for just having an interesting thought.

@Buddy is right

This video (which I’ve seen already) isn’t saying that the floor provides NO help. It’s saying its not nearly the same as an actual trampoline. That’s why I said it was stiff. But if you jump and land with force it will give your more height.

Prodyson

All Star
Daps
M
And my niece was literally homeschooled in a gym for like 2 years. Competed in Olympic facilities, etc. We were hopimg this would be her year but that shyt was too expensive.

Idk maybe his daughters really are on some kinda bouncy beginners mat or something
My daughter won all around and beam at states this year and my oldest stopped at level 8. She was a regional champion in vault.

I’ve heard you say “olympic facilities” before and I’m not sure what you mean. There are a couple gyms where Elite level gymnasts largely train but not actual Olympic facilities. What level is your niece?

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
M

My daughter won all around and floor at states this year and my oldest stopped at level 8. She was a regional champion in vault.

I’ve heard you say “olympic facilities” before and I’m not sure what you mean. There are a couple gyms where Elite level gymnasts largely train but not actual Olympic facilities. What level is your niece?
This was years ago, elementary. She's in high school now and doesn't do it any more cause again, the shyt at that level is insanely expensive. There are US Olympic training facilities scattered across a few states. If your daughter won state, she'll likely compete at one at some point.