Can I cancel my eBay seller account?

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Bump. I just sold a couple of things on Ebay:

Zelda BOTW for $43. I ate the shipping though I only charged $2.99 and the shipping was $4.99.

My old I5 4690K for $119. My job has shipping discounts so the seller paid $14 for shipping, I shipped it for $11.

I was about to put my Mobo and RAM on sale but I'm starting to get cold feet. I haven't checked up on any new Ebay fees or strings.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Bump. I just sold a couple of things on Ebay:

Zelda BOTW for $43. I ate the shipping though I only charged $2.99 and the shipping was $4.99.

My old I5 4690K for $119. My job has shipping discounts so the seller paid $14 for shipping, I shipped it for $11.

I was about to put my Mobo and RAM on sale but I'm starting to get cold feet. I haven't checked up on any new Ebay fees or strings.
sell games on swappa. Anything $50 does not get charged a fee outside of what PayPal takes.

If you are shipping a game with it’s case it should be less than $3 first class mail and gets typically anywhere in the US in 3 days.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
sell games on swappa. Anything $50 does not get charged a fee outside of what PayPal takes.

If you are shipping a game with it’s case it should be less than $3 first class mail and gets typically anywhere in the US in 3 days.
I shipped it Fedex Ground.

I'll take a look at Swappa.

ill_will82

What you see, is what you get
Daps

I'm a look into this b/c I been thinking about starting a video game store on eBay but I'm at the point now where I want to look into other options. I sell games every blue moon on there but I get tired of folks that try to low ball me w/BS offers.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
I'm a look into this b/c I been thinking about starting a video game store on eBay but I'm at the point now where I want to look into other options. I sell games every blue moon on there but I get tired of folks that try to low ball me w/BS offers.
Definitely keep your options open because on eBay the Buyers have ALL the leverage. It got to a point in where if there was ANY buyer returning things for a dumbass reason I just straight up block them from ever buying from me again.

shyt is brutal out there. Sell on other marketplaces first, consider your own website and THEN eBay/Amazon as a final option. Both of those are basically approving returns for any reason without dispute. No restocking fees charged...etc.

Last edited:

ill_will82

Daps
Definitely keep your options open because on eBay the Buyers have ALL the leverage. It got to a point in where if there was ANY buyer returning things for a dumbass reason I just straight up block them from ever buying from me again.

shyt is brutal out there. Sell on other marketplaces first, consider your own website and THEN eBay/Amazon as a final option. Both of those are basically approving returns for any reason without dispute. No restocking fees charged...etc.

That's why I when I sell games on there I tell buyers on the listing straight up, the only way they get a refund is if they take the plastic off no refunds. I didn't fukk w/amazon because they wanted too much information to start off. I will be checking into other avenues though.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
That's why I when I sell games on there I tell buyers on the listing straight up, the only way they get a refund is if they take the plastic off no refunds. I didn't fukk w/amazon because they wanted too much information to start off. I will be checking into other avenues though.
You don’t even have an option on eBay most of the time anymore. Returns are pretty much always automatically approved.

Record everything during the shipping process. Never offer free shipping and have returns, but buyer pays return shipping.

That’s really the only way to sell on eBay anymore. fukk that place outside of catching their 15%-20% off coupons.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
eBay has been treating me very well with parting out my pc and selling the components. You just push the shipping and fees onto the buyer. It’s not that hard.

The trick is to always put it as an auction with a buy now option. Every single thing I put up, I sold for more that I thought I’d ever get. I made a cool $2K in the past two weeks alone.

Fees, just factor that in your starting price. Also always go like $50 below what ever eBay suggests. People will bid on that shyt, hopefully get in a bidding war, and you just profit.

Shipping, just make the buyer pay it. eBay makes it very easy to calculate shipping costs on a scale.

I sold 2 Titan X Pascals got over $600 each, and I sold a Titan X Maxwell for $325. The goddamn local computer shop offered me $50 for it :dead:

I sold a monitor for above normal prices, and made the buyer pay the ridiculous shipping. :win:

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
I think I bought sum for like 14, sold it for 35 (just trying to get my feet in the water), got splashback from a 5 dollar shipping, then got canucked by like a 9 dollars reserve fee or whatever

not exact numbers but I basically made about a dollar or two out of the whole avenue :mjlol: Ebay WOAT if you just lookin to occasionally sell shyt lying around. You got mercari but nikkas innately think thats sketchy, so it might be more show and prove

ill_will82

Daps
I sold 3 copies of Black Ops 4 about an hour ago. It amazes me what games sell on eBay. Although, I think I'm a have to start charging shipping b/c once the money is in my Paypal account I get hit w/shipping charges that take away from what I sold. Sold 3 games but at $30 in shipping fees.

Last edited: