Can any Angels fan explain to me what’s up with that team seriously?

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Closest I can think of is the 1960s Lakers.

1961: Baylor 35-20-5, West 18-8-4, won just 36 games
1964: Baylor 25-12-4, West 29-6-6, won just 42 games
1967: Baylor 27-13-3, West 29-6-7, won just 36 games

Those guys deadass had a claim to the greatest guard and greatest forward in history at that point, both 1st-team All-NBA, and they were putting up win totals like that.

It ain't the same thing though cause in-between those shytty years they made the Finals 4 times.

And lost to the GOAT NBA franchise so you can't blame them too much..

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Those years they had Pujols, Trout, and the drug addict cac (can’t remember his name) n ain’t do shyt :ehh:
I guess the Angels didn't do their homework on Josh Hamilton as the Rangers had a huge support group surround and monitoring him at all time which made him stay on course and eventually become a star. All that was gone when he got to Anaheim and it clearly showed

Raquinotj

#NBATwitter #NBAReddit #6ixRings #PatsNation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of champions BAWSTON
Like deadass brehs

How u got a dude who is already in the GOAT debate, and one of the most talented players EVER.

AND losing games 7-8 where they hit 7 homers? :hhh:

It’s common too, like god damn do they just not care about the rest of the team? Are they not tryna win fr? Like what’s up?

Mike Trout is a great player, where are you seeing these goat debates? He’s not even top 10 all time.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What is so hard to understand about this?

:what::what::what::what:

They've had shyt pitching for decades and they've always surrounded the 1 or 2 all-stars they've had with terrible players.

Losing Adenhart to a drunk driver was a step backwards. But I know, that's a long time ago now.
Losing Skaggs hurt, although not as much as people think because he was a solid, but not great pitcher.
Blaming Pujols is silly because the reality is Pujols was largely a good player early on and got killed once teams started with the extreme defensive shifting.
Blaming Trout or Ohtani is outright retarded.
Justin Upton was a boom/bust player and even when they got him he couldn't stay on the field.

The Angels have precisely 1 good young player. Taylor Ward. That's it.
Brandon Marsh sucks and was traded to Philly.
Andrew Velasquez has no business being on a major league roster.
Jared Walsh has always been overrated and lucky prior to this season.
Luis Rengifo sucks.
Max Stassi sucks.
Anthony Rendon has been hurt a lot but even if they had his bat, it wouldn't overcome how bad the rotation is.

And let's talk about the rotation.
You have Ohtani.
And you had Syndergaard, who isn't anything like the flaming-throwing prospect he was when he first came up with the Mets. At best Syndergaard is performing like a #4 starter these days. Yeah that's gonna take the fukkin Angels all the way to the top.

Who else is there?

Patrick Sandoval? Look, don't let his ERA fool you. This guy is a walk machine and way, way too hittable.
Reid Detmers? Yeah. Ok. A young kid with potential. Do I think he's as good as some of the hype because of his No Hitter? No. He's not THAT kind of talent. But he could probably be your #3 or #2 at best. He's also got some control issues. But that kid's not in any position to carry this team.
Michael Lorenzen? Jose Suarez? Batting practice pitchers.

Here is a list of players the Angels ran out there from 2015-2021...just in case you can't understand why the team didn't win with these fukkin all stars:

Erick Aybar
David Freese
Matt Joyce
Johnny Giavotella
Kole Calhoun
Yunel Escobar
Rafael Ortega
Danny Espinosa
Ben Revere
Luis Balbuena
Ian Kinsler
Martin Maldonado
David Fletcher
Andrelton Simmons
Brian Goodwin
Jo Adell
Jose Iglesias
Jack Mayfield
Hector Santiago
Matt Shoemaker
CJ Wilson
Jered Weaver
Jhoulys Chacin
Ricky Nolasco
Nick Tropeano
JC Ramirez
Jesse Chavez
Parker Bridwell
Jaime Barria
Griffin Canning (who actually was a strong prospect but got hurt)
Dillon Peters

But I mean you guys are right.
I'm fukking BAFFLED at how this franchise couldn't overcome the Astros or Yankees.
:why:
Who could have possibly seen this failure coming? Besides people with eyes and a brain.

:beli:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
This coming from the dork in Inglewood who claims the blazers but has 100x more posts sucking Brons dikk than ever discussing the team he supposedly likes

:umad:

You live in the Valley, like the Angels, and are friends with Scitt. The strikes keep piling up on you young man. :pachaha:

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
:umad:

You live in the Valley, like the Angels, and are friends with Scitt. The strikes keep piling up on you young man. :pachaha:

THIS MENTALLY DEFICIENT WEIRDO JUST SAID BEIN FRIENDS WIT ME IS A PROBLEM LIKE ROLLING STONE AINT DOIN PIECES ON MY WORK

:dead:

TheMailMan

All Star
Daps
Tripped me out when I seen they hit 7 bombs and still lost the game