Can any Angels fan explain to me what’s up with that team seriously?

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
As an Angels fan I have no explanation :manny: Arte Moreno ran the team so well in the 00s but ever since 2010 it's been downhill. Trout and Ohtani have been amazing but every single other move they've made in that timeframe has been terrible.

Angels have a very strong fanbase. From 2003 to 2019 they were top 5 every season in AL attendance with most of those years being top 3. Now this year they're back in the top 3.
It's a nice stadium. Easy to get to drivingwise. The OC fans are always gonna support them.
I don't pay too much attention to the Front Office but it just seems like the Moreno family doesn't really care about winning. Just making money.

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
It's a nice stadium. Easy to get to drivingwise. The OC fans are always gonna support them.
I don't pay too much attention to the Front Office but it just seems like the Moreno family doesn't really care about winning. Just making money.

Yeah man Moreno changed. When he first bought the team he instantly raised payroll, grabbed vladdy and Colon and made us a consistent division winner. We had a culture that Mike Scoscia created and Arte supported. Somewhere along the line he just stopped caring and tried to sign whatever slugger was available. Mike Scoscia was the lifeblood of this shyt they should’ve never went against his philosophy

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
Moreno just isn't a good owner. :manny:

Team been shyt for years. I still don't know how they dropped the ball when they had Vlady, Pujols, Weaver, Trout and Ohtani on your roster over the years. :scust:

They didn’t really drop the ball with Vladdy and Weaver. We won the division damn near every year with them. Couldn’t get to the WS but I wouldn’t say he dropped the ball. We were a consistent winner and the 00s are the best decade in Angels history easily. We were beating the Dodgers in attendance a good number of those year iirc

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
They didn’t really drop the ball with Vladdy and Weaver. We won the division damn near every year with them. Couldn’t get to the WS but I wouldn’t say he dropped the ball. We were a consistent winner and the 00s are the best decade in Angels history easily. We were beating the Dodgers in attendance a good number of those year iirc
Oh yeah, they did well in the 00s, but the 2010s were mostly a miss. Still, it's always about winning a title and they couldn't do it post '02.

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles

I mean, yeah and no.

It's easy, in that it's not as awful to get to like Dodger Stadium is, considering where it is.

But once you get past Hester (going East on Katella), you might as well bring reading material, cause the line is cancerous, and the weak ass directing Anaheim PD does is worthless.

Rob's al Ghul

LOCKin' 'em down in the home of the Terrapins
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
410/301/202
Yeah...even the Junior-Johnson M's made an ALCS.

At least the Angels' City Connects are fire (right behind Southside and the Cherry Blossoms).

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dumbass owner whom everyone hates
shytty gm
shytty bottom tier farm
Terrible contracts for aging players
Injured players
shytty hitters, damn near ranked last
shytty coach that replaced an already kind of borderline decent maddon
Bottom tier bullpen

Just overall shyt culture, team, hitting, coaching, gm, owner, farm. Only bright spot is that their starting pitching is pretty good especially with ohtani detmers and syndergased

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Dumbass owner whom everyone hates
shytty gm
shytty bottom tier farm
Terrible contracts for aging players
Injured players
shytty hitters, damn near ranked last
shytty coach that replaced an already kind of borderline decent maddon
Bottom tier bullpen

Just overall shyt culture, team, hitting, coaching, gm, owner, farm. Only bright spot is that their starting pitching is pretty good especially with ohtani detmers and syndergased
They just traded Syndergaard to Philly

I haven’t watched much baseball recently but whenever you see a team that’s consistently bad, it’s usually their defense and pitching that lets them down. Two great players can’t fix that(unless you trade both to shore up your deficiencies, but that’s another story).

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Imagine Jordan and Pippen averaging 32, 5, 4 and 27, 10, 9 and the bulls going 30-52 :dead:

Closest I can think of is the 1960s Lakers.

1961: Baylor 35-20-5, West 18-8-4, won just 36 games
1964: Baylor 25-12-4, West 29-6-6, won just 42 games
1967: Baylor 27-13-3, West 29-6-7, won just 36 games

Those guys deadass had a claim to the greatest guard and greatest forward in history at that point, both 1st-team All-NBA, and they were putting up win totals like that.

It ain't the same thing though cause in-between those shytty years they made the Finals 4 times.