I feel like I should be getting more calls based off the experience I have

Please assist

-----

EMPLOYMENT HISTORY

XXXXX

Support Desk

Detroit, MI

(November 2020 - Current)

• Managed VOIP phone systems, including 3cx and Vonage.

• Worked with Barracuda Email Gateway, Firewall, VPN, and Backup.

• Monitored servers, addressed the if they went down, and performed server maintenance, including virtual machines.

• Managed Office365, including creation of new accounts, adding and removing from groups, and troubleshooting syncing issues with Azure.

• Managed Sharepoint policies and permissions.

• Managed Active Directory and Group Policy.

• Managed and maintained Active Directory and Azure Active Directory in a hybrid environment.

• Worked on special projects to onboard new clients.

XXXXXXX

Field Services

Detroit, MI

(August 2018 – November 2020)

• Work at the HUB and set-up or repair PCs.

• Image PCS to deploy them or get them back up to date.

• Provide hardware and software support.

• Catalogue equipment for asset recovery

XXXXXX

Field Services

Pontiac, MI

(December 2017 – August 2018)

• Investigate and resolve incidents while adhering to service level agreement.

• Set up, break down, and image PCs when required.

• Plug in cables at the patch panel to activate ports.

• Install Wireless Access Points.

• Troubleshooted and installed Office365.

xXXXXX

Service Desk Analyst(April 2016 – December 2017)

Troy, MI

• Verified end users, and reset passwords.

• Guided end users through configuring settings in Epic.

• Responsible for following up on tickets and reaching out to end users on a day to day basis.

• Alternate between different accounts with different regulations.

Skills

• Powershell

EDUCATION

XXXXXXXXX
You need to lean harder into those IAM highlights you have and then start applying to associate level positions in cyber.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Use better industry buzzwords.
If you tracked hardware, you were involved in asset management. Sell it as that.

You created account and managed AD, you were identity and access manager. Etc.

You have a solid resume just use better. Verbage

Daps
I feel like I should be getting more calls based off the experience I have

Please assist

-----

EMPLOYMENT HISTORY

XXXXX

Support Desk

Detroit, MI

(November 2020 - Current)

• Managed VOIP phone systems, including 3cx and Vonage.

• Worked with Barracuda Email Gateway, Firewall, VPN, and Backup.

These are three different skills that deserve to be in the skills section, which is light. I would create three separate bullets:

• email security and mail flow issues
  • network management and VPN connections
  • maintaining BCDR solutions

You can also add Barracuda or any other email security vendors to your skills section.
If you are familiar with mail flow, transport rules, connectors, etc, that can be listed as a skill. Same goes for name dropping different firewall vendors and backup solutions (Veeam, Commvault).

• Monitored servers, addressed the if they went down, and performed server maintenance, including virtual machines.

I would drop "addressed if they went down" and streamline it server monitoring and patching. Mention the tools used to manage servers under skills or here espcially if it supports automation. Also mention the server operating systems.

Remove virtual machines and add virtualization to skills along with platforms you know (Hyper-V, VMWare, Citrix, Azure VMs, etc).

• Managed Office365, including creation of new accounts, adding and removing from groups, and troubleshooting syncing issues with Azure.

• Managed Sharepoint policies and permissions.

You use "managed" a lot. I would start using administered/administrate, especially for SaaS stuff. Remove AD connect reference from here.

Include more Office 365 services in one bullet (Exchange, Teams, Sharepoint, OneDrive) and maybe mention Office license management.

Do you have any experience with Intune and MDM/MAM? Add it to skills section along with Compliance and retention policies references if you understand that part of Office 365.

• Managed Active Directory and Group Policy.

Managed and maintained Active Directory and Azure Active Directory in a hybrid environment.

Move AD Connect reference here

Worked on special projects to onboard new clients.

I would flesh this out more to include what this entails.

XXXXXXX

Field Services

Detroit, MI

(August 2018 – November 2020)

• Work at the HUB and set-up or repair PCs.

I would drop HUB since it's not meaningful. Also, get rid of set-up and refer to them as workstations and not PCs. Workstations suggests enterprise/business devices. It's stupid but so are recruiters and hiring managers. Know your audience.

Focus on hardware repair and add hardware upgrades as a responsibility.

• Image PCS to deploy them or get them back up to date.

I would emphasize imaging, deploying, and updating workstations.

Specify hardware and software support with examples. This is kind of vague

• Catalogue equipment for asset recovery

XXXXXX

Field Services

Pontiac, MI

(December 2017 – August 2018)

• Investigate and resolve incidents while adhering to service level agreement.

• Set up, break down, and image PCs when required.

I would focus on the prepping and imaging part

• Plug in cables at the patch panel to activate ports.

• Install Wireless Access Points.

Combine these two. Remove the patch panel reference in favor of cable runs and AP installation. Tech peasants don't know what a patch panel is.

Provide hardware and software support.

Be more specific

• Troubleshooted and installed Office365.

I would add more software if possible. Click to run installs aren't that big of a deal.

xXXXXX

Service Desk Analyst(April 2016 – December 2017)

Troy, MI

• Verified end users, and reset passwords.

• Guided end users through configuring settings in Epic.

What passwords were being reset? Were they in Epic? If so, combine these two and say you were responsible for account management in Epic.

Also, remove "guided end users". That gives the end user credit. fukk them end users it was all you.

• Responsible for following up on tickets and reaching out to end users on a day to day basis.

I think you need a better way to explain managing your ticket queue. Try ChatGPT

Again, explain what hardware and software was being supported and the scope of support.

• Alternate between different accounts with different regulations.

I don't know what to make of this. Iif this was about maintaining compliance or regulatory standards, you should mention it. Companies want people familiar with different compliance and standard frameworks (HIPPA, FINRA, FedRAMP, NIST, DoD 8570, etc.)

Skills

• Powershell

I would change this to PowerShell scripting and add more vendors to get hits on keyword searches.

What is up with your skills section? That’s your opportunity to just list every single piece of tech that you’ve touched since you’ve started in IT.

Every different ticketing system and SaaS application.

I thought that goes under experience
I'll put it there too

There could be a gap in your actual skills and knowledge and what you get to do in a role. You can have experience that gets lost because you don't get to work with it in a particular role.

Your current role may involve Fortigate firewalls but you could have experience with Cisco ASAs, Merakis, SonicWalls, Watchguard,etc. You reduce visibility into your capabilities by not mentioning them.

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
These are three different skills that deserve to be in the skills section, which is light. I would create three separate bullets:

• email security and mail flow issues
  • network management and VPN connections
  • maintaining BCDR solutions

You can also add Barracuda or any other email security vendors to your skills section.
If you are familiar with mail flow, transport rules, connectors, etc, that can be listed as a skill. Same goes for name dropping different firewall vendors and backup solutions (Veeam, Commvault).

I would drop "addressed if they went down" and streamline it server monitoring and patching. Mention the tools used to manage servers under skills or here espcially if it supports automation. Also mention the server operating systems.

Remove virtual machines and add virtualization to skills along with platforms you know (Hyper-V, VMWare, Citrix, Azure VMs, etc).

You use "managed" a lot. I would start using administered/administrate, especially for SaaS stuff. Remove AD connect reference from here.

Include more Office 365 services in one bullet (Exchange, Teams, Sharepoint, OneDrive) and maybe mention Office license management.

Do you have any experience with Intune and MDM/MAM? Add it to skills section along with Compliance and retention policies references if you understand that part of Office 365.

Move AD Connect reference here

I would flesh this out more to include what this entails.

I would drop HUB since it's not meaningful. Also, get rid of set-up and refer to them as workstations and not PCs. Workstations suggests enterprise/business devices. It's stupid but so are recruiters and hiring managers. Know your audience.

Focus on hardware repair and add hardware upgrades as a responsibility.

I would emphasize imaging, deploying, and updating workstations.

Specify hardware and software support with examples. This is kind of vague

I would focus on the prepping and imaging part

Combine these two. Remove the patch panel reference in favor of cable runs and AP installation. Tech peasants don't know what a patch panel is.

Be more specific

I would add more software if possible. Click to run installs aren't that big of a deal.

What passwords were being reset? Were they in Epic? If so, combine these two and say you were responsible for account management in Epic.

Also, remove "guided end users". That gives the end user credit. fukk them end users it was all you.

I think you need a better way to explain managing your ticket queue. Try ChatGPT

Again, explain what hardware and software was being supported and the scope of support.

I don't know what to make of this. Iif this was about maintaining compliance or regulatory standards, you should mention it. Companies want people familiar with different compliance and standard frameworks (HIPPA, FINRA, FedRAMP, NIST, DoD 8570, etc.)

I would change this to PowerShell scripting and add more vendors to get hits on keyword searches.

There could be a gap in your actual skills and knowledge and what you get to do in a role. You can have experience that gets lost because you don't get to work with it in a particular role.

Your current role may involve Fortigate firewalls but you could have experience with Cisco ASAs, Merakis, SonicWalls, Watchguard,etc. You reduce visibility into your capabilities by not mentioning them.
Thanks
This helped a lot