But I think at the same time Too Close was their bigger song to most:manny:
The Brandy and Xscape song are understandable because those are record cuts

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I'm familiar with the singles, some random track on the album that got no radio play. not so much,

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom
Not knowing Butta Love but the En Vogue joint is wild :skip:
But I think at the same time Too Close was their bigger song to most:manny:
The Brandy and Xscape song are understandable because those are record cuts

Not knowing that Do You Want by Xscape was a hot single with a video that got heavy rotation on BET in 1995 is wild :skip:

Not knowing that Brandy's "Almost Doesn't Count" was single that had heavy rotation on MTV in 1999 is wild :skip:

SNYC

Black American in NYC (yes, we exist 😲)
Daps
Reppin
BK & BX
New York nikkas

Bet he can name all Tito Fuentes and Buju Banton greatest hits
What's wrong with Buju?

Not knowing that Do You Want by Xscape was a hot single with a video that got heavy rotation on BET in 1995 is wild :skip:

Not knowing that Brandy's "Almost Doesn't Count" was single that had heavy rotation on MTV in 1999 is wild :skip:
Around that time, radio play actually had more sway than tv over here. If it wasn't on rotation on Hot97 (payola juggernaut), Kiss, or WBLS... 😔

Last edited:

tuckgod

The high exalted
Daps
What's wrong with Buju?

Around that time, radio play actually had more sway than tv over here. If it wasn't on rotation on Hot97 (payola juggernaut), Kiss, or WBLS... 😔

Nothing at all unless you substitute it for your own culture

We like our own just fine

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom

What does anything you just said have to do with the dude I quoted saying that those 2 songs were record cuts?

Also, I can tell you weren't around in NYC in 95 or 1999 because both of those songs were on Hot 97 heavy. I specifically remember the single before "Do You Want To" which was "Who Do I Run to" was super heavy on Hot 97. Brandy was heavy on Z100.

Also...We watched MTV and BET in NYC in the 90's.

SNYC

Black American in NYC (yes, we exist 😲)
Daps
Reppin
BK & BX
Nothing at all unless you substitute it for your own culture

We like our own just fine
My fam is from the Carolinas & Alabama. You can go somewhere else with that weird shyt..

You're the same Tuckdog from BGOL? Cause i don't remember you on this timing...

What does anything you just said have to do with the dude I quoted saying that those 2 songs were record cuts?

Also, I can tell you weren't around in NYC in 95 or 1999 because both of those songs were on Hot 97 heavy. I specifically remember the single before "Do You Want To" which was "Who Do I Run to" was super heavy on Hot 97. Brandy was heavy on Z100.

Also...We watched MTV and BET in NYC in the 90's.
:what:

Born, raised & still live here since the late 70s. Left high school & did a stint in CUNY around the time you mentioned..

And my response was valid, Feels so Good, Who Can I Run Too was indeed on rotation with stations mentioned earlier ...Do you Want To sounds like a cut that WBLS played. I do not remember that Brandy song on the radio

Z100 🤣. I think the only Brandy song they played was The Boy is Mine

Anyway, i don't remember that Brandy song on rotation. She had 5 other songs on that album that was played more

Didn't say no one from here watched BET/MTV, but radio had more of a hold

Personally, i was more into VMB until i graduated High School.

Last edited: