Cam Newton clears the air on being released and his future

bxrfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Memphis Grizzlies/Auburn Tigers

This is what bothers me. Man is 32. Did he have a bad year? No doubt. But for him to not even be in the NFL right now? While he wasn't necessarily good he wasn't THAT bad last year. Eli's 13, Favre's 05 seasons were wayy worse (and they were older) but they were given another chance (with better rosters) and they bounced back. Why can't Cam get an opportunity to bounce back?

I understand New England wanting to see what they have with the rookie, but I would've liked to see what he could do this year under more favorable circumstances. If Cam fell on his face still so be it, but the NFL has been waiting to freeze him out for years so I'd be surprised if they give him a chance to redeem himself somewhere

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Without Eli TB12 going for his 10th ring, he demi gawd status in NY. Cam should have dove for the ball, if he won a chip maybe they'd have let him ride out in to the sunset

Joe Flacco, Eli... Nobody cares what you did 3 years ago

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
This is what bothers me. Man is 32. Did he have a bad year? No doubt. But for him to not even be in the NFL right now? While he wasn't necessarily good he wasn't THAT bad last year. Eli's 13, Favre's 05 seasons were wayy worse (and they were older) but they were given another chance (with better rosters) and they bounced back. Why can't Cam get an opportunity to bounce back?

I understand New England wanting to see what they have with the rookie, but I would've liked to see what he could do this year under more favorable circumstances. If Cam fell on his face still so be it, but the NFL has been waiting to freeze him out for years so I'd be surprised if they give him a chance to redeem himself somewhere
Did he not just get an opportunity to bounce back with New England? :dwillhuh:

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
If Philip Rivers can finish his career and Blaine Gabbert can still be in the leagues

Why not Cam
Dap-fishing at its finest. :skip:

Rivers at 39 was immobile as fukk but could still read a defense and make accurate throws better than Cam last season. Gabbert is a back-up right now.

So where are you going with this?

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Dap-fishing at its finest. :skip:

Rivers at 39 was immobile as fukk but could still read a defense and make accurate throws better than Cam. Gabbert is a back-up right now.

So where are you going with this?

I thought this was the coli and we was pro black militant and our past time is to shyt on white guys:mjgrin:

I guess they ain’t real no more :troll:

And the “code” was fake:skip:

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He led the league in INTs multiple times and by his own admission had a game with a QBR 0.00
Eli won multiple titles and stayed with the same franchise his whole career, plus is somewhat football royalty. Cam would have only been getting legacy starts if he were still in Charlotte.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
I thought this was the coli and we was pro black militant and our past time is to shyt on white guys:mjgrin:

I guess they ain’t real no more :troll:

And the “code” was fake:skip:
I’m all for black excellence but when a player is playing like shyt, they’re gonna get called out for playing like shyt.

My bad fam, I’m just tired of whatever this narrative is that’s floating around here. Cam had a prime opportunity at bouncing back as a starter and looked like a shell of his former self on the field…it’s not like he wasn’t ever presented with one.

Last edited:

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps

This is Twitter dap fishing. What teams should Scam be starting on right now? Teams going nowhere like Fitzpatrick did for his entire career or keeping a seat warm until the young QB is ready, something Scam has said he won't do.

For this season it basically comes down to Washington, Denver and Houston. He was in Pats camp and refused to get vaccinated, so obviously, he couldn't compete in those places.