Calling all flat tops! The (OG) American Gladiators Appreciation Thread

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
I remember that game where you had to get the balls in the cylinder and one breh was Barry Sanders juking..
I think it was Nitro that got hella mad..
And picked breh up and bodied the shyt out of him:russ:
Or when they used to do the Joust:mjgrin:
You could tell some of those Gladiators used to get hella pissed when they met somebody who wasn’t afraid to give them work:mjgrin:
Edit:
Op posted breh:russ:

Gator48

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I remember that game where you had to get the balls in the cylinder and one breh was Barry Sanders juking..
I think it was Nitro that got hella mad..
And picked breh up and bodied the shyt out of him:russ:
Or when they used to do the Joust:mjgrin:
You could tell some of those Gladiators used to get hella pissed when they met somebody who wasn’t afraid to give them work:mjgrin:
Edit:
Op posted breh:russ:
I just watched the 1st episode on Amazon Prime...Nitro got his ass rocked in that cylinder game. The contestant play fullback in college..

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
I just watched the 1st episode on Amazon Prime...Nitro got his ass rocked in that cylinder game. The contestant play fullback in college..
I wouldn’t doubt it:russ:
It was one episode...
Trying to find it on YouTube but I just remember Nitro or it could have been somebody else..
Got real mad and slammed a breh after the whistle:mjlol:
It was always some fukkery when Real athletes came on and embarrassed the Gladitors..
Dudes/Ladies(especially Siren deaf ass:mjlol:)would continue when they were getting work:mjlol:
Glad I saw this thread:wow:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Let's see who's a REAL flat top here. AG came out in '89, so you have to be at least 35 to have any real memories of it. For you young brehs, AG was the predecessor to American Ninja Warrior, only I don't think ANW had a bunch of people chasing after you.

8Mh35128GYbx.jpg

I forgot how much fun this cheesy-ass show was. They had a pretty decent number of black Gladiators over the years. Blaze was my hero because she ALWAYS always getting disqualified for horse collaring bytches or shooting them in the head in Assault. Like she was getting reparations and shyt. #ForTheAncestors

s-l300.jpg

Who remembers Wesley "2 Scoops" Berry - the one who was always 8000% and shyt? Some people said he went to prison for robbery. Bullshyt! He could jump over a car, dammit!

(We won't even mention the remake that was the remake w/Hulk Hogan and Laila Ali. That shyt was tragic.)

Flabby & Sick Colonel

Reporting to duty:lolbron:

I used to watch this shyt HEAVY as a kid

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
I swear Malibu was in more episodes:skip:
Yeah those later years were big trash
Surprised they didn’t have Hawk overly enthusiastic ass in this more:russ:
My nikka Nitro was a menace but thug tears for real:mjcry:

En Sabah Nur

The First
Daps
Reppin
Survival of the fittest
The surprising thing from the documentary
I swear Malibu was in more episodes:skip:
Yeah those later years were big trash
Surprised they didn’t have Hawk overly enthusiastic ass in this more:russ:
My nikka Nitro was a menace but thug tears for real:mjcry:
I was thinking the exact same thing. I remember him the most out of all of them, but find out he was only in the first 13 episodes ??

Another really surprising thing to me is Ice was
the ONLY one of the chicks that was a lesbian.

That story and animation of Zap squeezing one of them (forgot who) with her thighs until he passed out, and Laser and Nitro scrappin in the middle of the street :mjlol:

Last edited:

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
Wow, Tower
The surprising thing from the documentary

I was thinking the exact same thing. I remember him the most out of all of them, but find out he was only in the first 13 episodes ??

Another really surprising thing to me is Ice was
the ONLY one of the chicks that was a lesbian.

That story and animation of Zap squeezing one of them (forgot who) with her thighs until he passed out, and Laser and Nitro scrappin in the middle of the street :mjlol:
It was Nitro she made pass out and them cats fighting cause Laser didn’t want to listen to Baby Got Back:dead:

Tower’s story about the make a wish kid tho:to:

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
You had to be alive to appreciate this as a young kid. Always rooted for the breh and the sista whenever they had featured scenes.

DreadBrown

Feed the children
Daps
I never knew this existed before seeing the doc but Nitro and Laser definitely not from harlem

:dame: