Calling all flat tops! The (OG) American Gladiators Appreciation Thread

Maxine Shaw

#ColiFam gave more $ 2 my students than my school
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, N.Y.
Let's see who's a REAL flat top here. AG came out in '89, so you have to be at least 35 to have any real memories of it. For you young brehs, AG was the predecessor to American Ninja Warrior, only I don't think ANW had a bunch of people chasing after you.

8Mh35128GYbx.jpg

I forgot how much fun this cheesy-ass show was. They had a pretty decent number of black Gladiators over the years. Blaze was my hero because she ALWAYS always getting disqualified for horse collaring bytches or shooting them in the head in Assault. Like she was getting reparations and shyt. #ForTheAncestors

s-l300.jpg

Who remembers Wesley "2 Scoops" Berry - the one who was always 8000% and shyt? Some people said he went to prison for robbery. Bullshyt! He could jump over a car, dammit!

(We won't even mention the remake that was the remake w/Hulk Hogan and Laila Ali. That shyt was tragic.)

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
2 Scoops was the truth. Had the crowd chanting "2 SCOOPS, 2 SCOOPS":blessed: once they saw how he constantly sonned the Gladiators. Me and my brothers loved this shyt. Assault ABC's Powerball were my favorites. We would try and do our own Powerball and joust setups and fukk each other up:mjcry:

CONTENDERS READY!

GLADIATORS READY!

Tj Bronson

Average Carpentry Skills
Supporter
Daps
Loved this show as a kid and watched a bunch of episodes of it on Hulu last year while I was laid off work :yes:

Assault was always my favorite event. Me and my brothers wanted to run that course against each other in the worst way :laugh:

Waldo Geraldo Faldo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cloud
Let's see who's a REAL flat top here. AG came out in '89, so you have to be at least 35 to have any real memories of it. For you young brehs, AG was the predecessor to American Ninja Warrior, only I don't think ANW had a bunch of people chasing after you.

8Mh35128GYbx.jpg

I forgot how much fun this cheesy-ass show was. They had a pretty decent number of black Gladiators over the years. Blaze was my hero because she ALWAYS always getting disqualified for horse collaring bytches or shooting them in the head in Assault. Like she was getting reparations and shyt. #ForTheAncestors

s-l300.jpg

Who remembers Wesley "2 Scoops" Berry - the one who was always 8000% and shyt? Some people said he went to prison for robbery. Bullshyt! He could jump over a car, dammit!

(We won't even mention the remake that was the remake w/Hulk Hogan and Laila Ali. That shyt was tragic.)

Damn, we really had some good television shows back then...

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Powerball was the ish for me. And Assault. The worst game to me was that damn globe jawn. Hang Tough and the Joust are underrated. My favorite part would be when some got hit with the pugil stick and their mask got turned around CTHU

Contenders Ready!! Gladiators Ready!!