Call of Duty: Modern Warfare | PS4/XB1/PC | Out Now

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Can't wait for the PC beta next People have no idea how much better COD let alone FPS games are on PC when playing at 100+fps on a G sync monitor. The graphics look soft on PS4(didn't try on Pro as I let my cuz hold it) and I guess no body armor makes the TTK really fast. Some of the maps are ugly so far. Nothing looks great just brown and grey. The guns feel wonderful though. Feels sort of like BF feeling wise. The thing I don't like so far though is the extremely fast TTK. Feels like you get killed before you even get a chance to react.

Just like bruddas

Couple shooters in the cut.
Supporter
Daps
I'm recking shyt in this game. It forces me not to run every where and limit my exposure in the field.

The guns feel more solid. I maxed out my M4A1 :ahh:. Wish it had destruction but it's not a deal breaker.

Chef

All Star
Daps
Infinity Ward really came through on the animations. Watching that Eagle action go back and forth with that big ass muzzle flash. :banderas:

I just might fukk around and preorder since I’m off Thursday.

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
They turned on the minimap for this playlist today. I ain't try it yet.
Game felt completely different with the mini-map turned on in core game modes, it allowed for more aggressive play.

IW has done a good job with the game modes we've seen so far, there is some difference and variance that is new to the franchise. There will be no prestige this go around, they are introducing something completely new to reward players for moving through the levels, yet giving them something to grind for, so that will be interesting.

I only had a few glitches, otherwise it was fairly solid so I expect the final build to be well polished. Can't wait to try out more of the weapons because the M13 is king so far in the beta.

Daps
Game felt completely different with the mini-map turned on in core game modes, it allowed for more aggressive play.

IW has done a good job with the game modes we've seen so far, there is some difference and variance that is new to the franchise. There will be no prestige this go around, they are introducing something completely new to reward players for moving through the levels, yet giving them something to grind for, so that will be interesting.

I only had a few glitches, otherwise it was fairly solid so I expect the final build to be well polished. Can't wait to try out more of the weapons because the M13 is king so far in the beta.
Any tips for beginners? I just got into COD and its my second game of the franchise since B03, how do i utilize the mini maps as best as i can for a begginer any tips or hacks? I am at lvl 17 currently but already pre ordered it. How do i get better with reaction time?

Just like bruddas

Couple shooters in the cut.
Supporter
Daps
Any tips for beginners? I just got into COD and its my second game of the franchise since B03, how do i utilize the mini maps as best as i can for a begginer any tips or hacks? I am at lvl 17 currently but already pre ordered it. How do i get better with reaction time?

increase your controller sensitivity. Also just stay ready, instead of running around corners and through buildings, take it slow and aim down sight while you clear shyt. Also if youre in a suprise fire fight, just hip fire and dodge. ADS takes too much time

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת

The best tip for any FPS is to play the game, sounds simple but you really don't start getting comfortable until you get a lot of matches under you belt. Try a lot of different game types to see what you're must comfortable with, domination, headquarters, capture the flag, TDM, kill confirmed, etc. I made the mistake for the longest of only playing TDM and Kill Confirmed but I later realized that I really enjoy Domination.

1. Learn the maps - you simply have to play on them for a short period of time to become familiar with spawn locations, good camping spots and routes. You'll start to get a sense of the routes most people like to take and the places they like to camp to get easy kills.
2. Use your mini-map - the mini-map in MW will be slightly different than the mini-map in past CODs but the general idea is to use it to understand where your team is in proximity to your own location. This gives you a good sense of where gun fights are happening and if you hear footsteps, you'll have a good idea whether that is an enemy trying to flank you or a teammate.
3. Find the controller sensitivities that feel more comfortable to you. Traditional practice in FPS is to attempt to keep your sights centered at all times so you are ready for a gun fight. New FPS players tend to move their sights while shooting which causes inaccurate shooting. This can be caused by a sensitivity that is too high or too low, you want to be able to control your gun not get nervous and nut up everywhere. I recommend trying out the default or starting at a lower sensitivity until you get comfortable with getting your sights on target, better players are going to sh*t on you but your aim at this point is to get good enough to get on target and at least get rounds in the enemy. Then you slowly increase to your comfort level when you're getting on target but just feel like you're not getting their quick enough. You absolutely have to play a fair number of matches on a sensitivity to get a feel for it, don't abandon it too soon.
4. Burst fire/shooting - especially on consoles, you have to learn how to burst fire (rapidly tap your fire button) to minimize recoil and increase your accuracy. This is even more important for this generation of COD because the weapons have a more realistic feel. Depending on the range and gun, it can take anywhere from 3-5 shots to kill an enemy. Burst firing allows you to get more shots accurately on target to bring down the enemy faster.
5. Recoil control - some guns have really strong vertical or horizontal recoil. You will have to learn and get comfortable with controlling that recoil with the right analog stick on consoles, whether that's slightly pulling down or down and to the right, etc. while firing certain weapons.
6. Strafe while firing - you want to strafe right to left while in gunfights to make yourself hard to hit while firing as accurately as possible at the enemy. The strafing with trying to stay on target feels like a weird juggling act but it will eventually become second nature. Then you'll move on to jumping and crouching to throw off your enemy during a gunfight.
7. Controller/game settings - for the love of creation, turn off controller vibration. As a beginner it will slow your progress of getting comfortable with aiming and accuracy, no half way decent player plays with this on. Crank your brightness up in game, keep your screen bounds (the left/right and top/bottom bounds) as small as possible. This keeps your playable area in your field of view while making it easier for you to constantly take glances at your mini-map. Disable things like motion blur.
8. Competitive advantage - most console players are playing on TVs, so utilize 'Game Mode' if your TV has it. This isn't mandatory but if you want to utilize every advantage as possible, you want to be playing on a display that has as little lag as possible. So that means don't play on anything bigger than 27-32" or play on a gaming monitor. Wire your console into your router or internet gateway for lower latency.
EDIT: 9. Go easy on the sprint - Sprint into position, to re-position or to get out of open areas of a map. Otherwise you should be moving at normal speed so that you can aim down sight (ADS) into a gun battle. Each weapon has a ADS speed, that can increase or decrease depending on attachments. That time stacks with what is called sprint out time, which is the number of frames it takes you to get out of sprint into ADS. The majority of the time you will lose a gun fight if you're trying to ADS out of sprint.

Enjoy the game, it takes repetition but if you practice the above your game will gradually improve. Don't worry about your K/D especially with this new COD, it rewards slow calculated game play so as people become more familiar with the maps, most people will be stationary or camping throughout most games.

WARNING: I am an incredibly average player, nowhere near a pro, I average between a 1.2-2 K/D per game as a casual player who likes to play aggressively.

Daps
The best tip for any FPS is to play the game, sounds simple but you really don't start getting comfortable until you get a lot of matches under you belt. Try a lot of different game types to see what you're must comfortable with, domination, headquarters, capture the flag, TDM, kill confirmed, etc. I made the mistake for the longest of only playing TDM and Kill Confirmed but I later realized that I really enjoy Domination.

1. Learn the maps - you simply have to play on them for a short period of time to become familiar with spawn locations, good camping spots and routes. You'll start to get a sense of the routes most people like to take and the places they like to camp to get easy kills.
2. Use your mini-map - the mini-map in MW will be slightly different than the mini-map in past CODs but the general idea is to use it to understand where your team is in proximity to your own location. This gives you a good sense of where gun fights are happening and if you hear footsteps, you'll have a good idea whether that is an enemy trying to flank you or a teammate.
3. Find the controller sensitivities that feel more comfortable to you. Traditional practice in FPS is to attempt to keep your sights centered at all times so you are ready for a gun fight. New FPS players tend to move their sights while shooting which causes inaccurate shooting. This can be caused by a sensitivity that is too high or too low, you want to be able to control your gun not get nervous and nut up everywhere. I recommend trying out the default or starting at a lower sensitivity until you get comfortable with getting your sights on target, better players are going to sh*t on you but your aim at this point is to get good enough to get on target and at least get rounds in the enemy. Then you slowly increase to your comfort level when you're getting on target but just feel like you're not getting their quick enough. You absolutely have to play a fair number of matches on a sensitivity to get a feel for it, don't abandon it too soon.
4. Burst fire/shooting - especially on consoles, you have to learn how to burst fire (rapidly tap your fire button) to minimize recoil and increase your accuracy. This is even more important for this generation of COD because the weapons have a more realistic feel. Depending on the range and gun, it can take anywhere from 3-5 shots to kill an enemy. Burst firing allows you to get more shots accurately on target to bring down the enemy faster.
5. Recoil control - some guns have really strong vertical or horizontal recoil. You will have to learn and get comfortable with controlling that recoil with the right analog stick on consoles, whether that's slightly pulling down or down and to the right, etc. while firing certain weapons.
6. Strafe while firing - you want to strafe right to left while in gunfights to make yourself hard to hit while firing as accurately as possible at the enemy. The strafing with trying to stay on target feels like a weird juggling act but it will eventually become second nature. Then you'll move on to jumping and crouching to throw off your enemy during a gunfight.
7. Controller/game settings - for the love of creation, turn off controller vibration. As a beginner it will slow your progress of getting comfortable with aiming and accuracy, no half way decent player plays with this on. Crank your brightness up in game, keep your screen bounds (the left/right and top/bottom bounds) as small as possible. This keeps your playable area in your field of view while making it easier for you to constantly take glances at your mini-map. Disable things like motion blur.
8. Competitive advantage - most console players are playing on TVs, so utilize 'Game Mode' if your TV has it. This isn't mandatory but if you want to utilize every advantage as possible, you want to be playing on a display that has as little lag as possible. So that means don't play on anything bigger than 27-32" or play on a gaming monitor. Wire your console into your router or internet gateway for lower latency.
EDIT: 9. Go easy on the sprint - Sprint into position, to re-position or to get out of open areas of a map. Otherwise you should be moving at normal speed so that you can aim down sight (ADS) into a gun battle. Each weapon has a ADS speed, that can increase or decrease depending on attachments. That time stacks with what is called sprint out time, which is the number of frames it takes you to get out of sprint into ADS. The majority of the time you will lose a gun fight if you're trying to ADS out of sprint.

Enjoy the game, it takes repetition but if you practice the above your game will gradually improve. Don't worry about your K/D especially with this new COD, it rewards slow calculated game play so as people become more familiar with the maps, most people will be stationary or camping throughout most games.

WARNING: I am an incredibly average player, nowhere near a pro, I average between a 1.2-2 K/D per game as a casual player who likes to play aggressively.
Thanks alot man for the detailed explanation and review is there any video to best understand the way mini maps work? i can see the red dots on the map are the enemies but sometimes i dont see them near me on the map and they sneak on me and im not quick enough to evade because they caught me open. How do i counter this? Is there any guns recommend for beginners? how do i upgrade guns and custom weapons i dont get what to do exactly and are you on psn? thanks for the help breh:mjgrin: