Call Of Duty:Black Ops:Cold War | PS4/PS5/XB1/XSX/PC| Nov 13th

ShenJingPoQi

All Star
Daps
People here actually like MW's multiplayer? The lack of a skill gap is :scust:

The maps are probably the worst in COD history too.

tenor.gif

The best call of duty game since MW2. The smaller skill gap has made the game much funnier, the weapons variety is endless, the maps aren’t simplistic as three way design, the kill streaks aren’t overpowered, perks and attachments are reasonable and the health range makes it easier to take out numerous opponents at once. The people have spoken, record sales and record amount of players; you can’t say they didn’t hit the nail on the head here.

BO4, there were games when one player had 60 kills and everyone else in single digits :gag:

YOGEBEAR09

RAM Gang. Horns up
Daps
Reppin
Knickstape and dem Rams
BO4 multiplayer was as bad as AW and Infinite Warfare multiplayer shyt was ass, Treyarch better come byke better cuz BO4 was probably my least favorite :hhh:

YAYU

MARIJUAY0
Daps
Reppin
NJ
People here actually like MW's multiplayer? The lack of a skill gap is :scust:

The maps are probably the worst in COD history too.

tenor.gif

The best call of duty game since MW2. The smaller skill gap has made the game much funnier, the weapons variety is endless, the maps aren’t simplistic as three way design, the kill streaks aren’t overpowered, perks and attachments are reasonable and the health range makes it easier to take out numerous opponents at once. The people have spoken, record sales and record amount of players; you can’t say they didn’t hit the nail on the head here.

BO4, there were games when one player had 60 kills and everyone else in single digits :gag:

i was madd surprised to see hate for MW. mfs crazy, only thing i disliked was how short the campaign was.

i hope this aint whay they wanna show us on the 9th cuz :huhldup:

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
tenor.gif

Long Post incoming.

So MW2019 is a mixed bag for me. It is the best Duty since BO2.(BO2>MW2)

The actual mechanics/presentation of MW2019 is why it's praised. It has the best animations/sound effects/presentation of any cod ever. The game just "Feels" good. As someone who totally left the series during the jetpack era this is the MAIN reason so many people came back this year.

The other reasoning being that alot of the modes outside of general MP are actually great. Gunfight and Warzone are just so SO good. These 2 modes are where you can actually experience learn and get better with the mechanics of the game. And then the gunsmith is absolutely amazing and every single cod game needs a version of this going forward. Lastly crossplay was a very huge reason for this game success as well.

Now onto the general MP of MW2019. 3 things i agree with and 1 i disagree with.

Agree
1.This game does have the worse MP maps in COD history. Seriously wtf is Picadilly and Arklov Peak?
2.The map design in this game caters to campers.
3.SBMM is a very big problem.

Disagree
I'm actually a fan of the faster ttk. It rewards accuracy imo. The ttk in this game is why Gunfight is so damn fun.

1 and 2 i don't think need much discussion. I'm very aware that there are people who like MW maps and if u do thats fine. We just gotta agree to disagree. But for the majority of the community. Even the people who defend MW2019 like myself. These maps are outright bad.

3. This is the big debate. Now regardless of whatever we think. Activision has made it clear that SBMM is here to stay so honestly we just have to deal with it.

But what i don't get is why are people acting like BIG killstreaks aren't the reason this series blew up in the first place? Just because YOU(talking about new players in general) didn't experience getting a Gunship/V2 Rocket or Nuke in the early cod days don't mean that we didn't. WE ALL GOT OUR ASS KICKED when we first started this game. SBMM is just a reflection of the bytch made era were in for competitive gaming. The game tries to cover up anyway it can to alert you that you are a bad player. Anytime someone who defends SBMM i actually go look up their stats. Every single thing in COD is public knowledge.. 9/10 when i look up the stats the person who defends SBMM has a -1.0 K/D ratio. Like in the nicest way possible... Your opinion doesn't matter.

The problem with SBMM is there is no real feel of progression. If your always matched with people at your skill level how do u visually see improvement? And yes no one is denying you can occasionally pop off and have a big game here and there. And at the same time no one is saying we should be able to go 50-8 every game either. But by ensuring that EVERY SINGLE GAME you will be matched with people at your own skill level you are just guaranteed to be thrown into sweaty ass lobbies with people all picking the best guns at the time and doing no better then 17-12 regardless of how much u "think" you improved.

The early days of cod mp was literally built upon popping off with huge killstreaks. That's pretty much impossible now with the way the mp system is. SBMM just shields newer players from getting spanked, It doesn't help someone get better, In fact it does the opposite. It's punishing players who genuinely want to play against higher skilled players so they themselves can get better.

There's numerous ways to prevent new players from getting dogwalked and also allowing someone to pop off if they are skilled enough. I'm aware that there are people who genuinely want to just play with people at their own skill level. And that's absolutely fine. That's called "Ranked mode" Something that EVERY competitive game has besides COD. Add ranked mode for the people who want it and allow the casual lobbies to be casual lobbies again instead of every lobby being a faux faze tryout.

At the end of the day Acitivison wants to retain it's player base for as long as possible so it can sell battle passes. Like it's no secret that the best COD ever (BO2/MW2) has NO sbmm at all. You got on and u dealt with whoever was in the lobby with u.

Now onto Cold War. I've seen the leaked gameplay and i'll be the first one to say it looks underwhelming. Yes gameplay is what matters the most but at the same time you can't come off the best looking COD ever and think were gonna accept a CLEAR downgrade in animations. Hopefully this was just alpha gameplay and it looks better at launch.

But gameplay wise i'm liking what i'm seeing. I'm all for a return to fast based/3 lane gameplay. The game just flows better to me that way(MP) And with the leaks that were getting a hybrid pick 10/gunsmith along with dead silence returning as a perk? I'm all in. The pick 10 system is still to this day the best cod system ever. I'm still excited for the 9th. Treyarch very rarely dissapoints.

Last edited:

ShenJingPoQi

All Star
Daps
@Phillyrider807

Firstly, excellent post,

I cannot say I disagree but it all stems from viewpoint. I argued from a casual gamer standpoint who enjoys being evenly matched instead of being sniped to death by Faze clan wannabes.

I have to disagree on the map point GREATLY, especially when you said ” This game does have the worse MP maps in COD history. Seriously wtf is Picadilly and Arklov Peak”

I will do a quick summary of each map and like your opinion on it.

Aniyah Incursion. 6/10. Reformed version of Aniyah Palace. Designed for close combat, excellent for AR and SMG user. Great map for kill confirm.
Arklov Peak. 7/10. Excellent for 10v10 Death Match. Nothing else. Brilliant map to work on AR, Snipers and Marksman Rifles.
Atlas Superstore. Average map. 5/10. Too many spots to camp. Limited to SMG users. But somewhat decent for search.
Azhir Cave. 5/10 Another average map. Was terrible at the start due to poor lightening. Was worked upon but now a playable map.
Cheshire Park 8/10 for me. One of the best maps for all modes.
Crash. Another 8/10 map.
Euphrates Bridge. 7/10. Could have been higher but limited to 10v10, insane enjoyment sniping in this map
Grazna Raid 4/10.
Gun Runner. 9/10. One of the best maps in the game.
Hackney Yard. 10/10 for me. Never skip this map and search is the best mode for this map
Hardhat 7/10/ Divides opinion but I have a favourable opinion on this map
Hovec Sawmill. 7/10 again,
Khandor Hideout. 9/10 for me. TDM, Search, KC
Petrov Oil Rig. 8/10 for me,
Piccadilly 2/10 for me. I see what they tried to do here but it has failed. Too many angles to shot from and not enough clear sights. If you are trying to plant the bomb here on search, you already lost the round.
Rammaza 7/10. Better than average,
Shipment, 10/10. It had me on day one,
Shoot House, it will go down as one of the GOAT Cod maps, and people will beg for it to be brought back in years and other COD instalments to come. 12/10
St. Petrograd. Better version of Piccadilly, 4/10
Suldal Harbor 6.5 out of 10 for me,
Talsik Backlot. 8/10 for me,
Vacant, 10/10 for me, especially KC,

Overall, I think the maps in this version for COD has been brilliant and with rumors of season 6 on the way, I kindly await new maps and think this has been the best bang for buck regarding COD in a long time. This game will be seen favorable as MW2 as time goes on.

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
@Phillyrider807

Firstly, excellent post,

I cannot say I disagree but it all stems from viewpoint. I argued from a casual gamer standpoint who enjoys being evenly matched instead of being sniped to death by Faze clan wannabes.

I have to disagree on the map point GREATLY, especially when you said ” This game does have the worse MP maps in COD history. Seriously wtf is Picadilly and Arklov Peak”

Aniyah Incursion. 6/10. Reformed version of Aniyah Palace. Designed for close combat, excellent for AR and SMG user. Great map for kill confirm.
Arklov Peak. 7/10. Excellent for 10v10 Death Match. Nothing else. Brilliant map to work on AR, Snipers and Marksman Rifles.
Atlas Superstore. Average map. 5/10. Too many spots to camp. Limited to SMG users. But somewhat decent for search.
Azhir Cave. 5/10 Another average map. Was terrible at the start due to poor lightening. Was worked upon but now a playable map.
Crash. Another 8/10 map.
Euphrates Bridge. 7/10. Could have been higher but limited to 10v10, insane enjoyment sniping in this map
Grazna Raid 4/10.
Hackney Yard. 10/10 for me. Never skip this map and search is the best mode for this map
Piccadilly 2/10 for me. I see what they tried to do here but it has failed. Too many angles to shot from and not enough clear sights. If you are trying to plant the bomb here on search, you already lost the round.
Shoot House, it will go down as one of the GOAT Cod maps, and people will beg for it to be brought back in years and other COD instalments to come. 12/10

Overall, I think the maps in this version for COD has been brilliant and with rumors of season 6 on the way, I kindly await new maps and think this has been the best bang for buck regarding COD in a long time. This game will be seen favorable as MW2 as time goes on.

So i will admit that my views are from someone who mainly just plays the 6v6 mp modes. Maps like Arlov Peak probably are better in 10v10 modes. Maps that big shouldn't be in the normal 6v6 rotation imo.

But yea the good maps imo are

Shipment/Shoothouse/Vacant/Hackney Yard/-Great maps
Khandor Hideout/Talski Backlot/Gun Runner/Hardhat/Crash-Okish maps

Everything else sucks. But again i don't have much experience with the 10v10 modes.

THASTUNNA

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South East Houston
@Phillyrider807

Firstly, excellent post,

Crash. Another 8/10 map.
Grazna Raid 4/10.

not sure why they didn't bother to bring back Terminal. They did it for MW3 and Inifinte warfare