Calisthenics vs Weights

semtex

:)
Daps
Why does it have to be a "versus" thing?

Anyway, seeing gains with calisthenics only will take much more creativity. Instead of adding weight you have to take away leverage, this is what progressive calisthenics are based on.

Bledswole

Slappin and clowning chumps for fun.
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Why does it have to be a "versus" thing?

Anyway, seeing gains with calisthenics only will take much more creativity. Instead of adding weight you have to take away leverage, this is what progressive calisthenics are based on.

Because some people wont touch weights and only do calisthenics and vice versa thats why its a versus thing.

But ppl dont know unless your adding some type of resistance to calisthenics your not going to grow or get stronger.

For example:

Dude number one does 1,000 pushups a day and 200 pullups a day.

Dude number two does 500 pushups a day with a 45 pound plate attached to him and 100 pullups a day with a 25 pound plate attached to him.

Dude number two will be stronger everytime.

semtex

Daps
Because some people wont touch weights and only do calisthenics and vice versa thats why its a versus thing.

But ppl dont know unless your adding some type of resistance to calisthenics your not going to grow or get stronger.

For example:

Dude number one does 1,000 pushups a day and 200 pullups a day.

Dude number two does 500 pushups a day with a 45 pound plate attached to him and 100 pullups a day with a 25 pound plate attached to him.

Dude number two will be stronger everytime.
the dude doing hip pushups and/or handstand pushups will be stronger than number one and two. This is an example of progression by taking away leverage.

Bledswole

Daps
Reppin
Detroit
the dude doing hip pushups and/or handstand pushups will be stronger than number one and two. This is an example of progression by taking away leverage.

Not necessarily if he only using his bodyweight and not adding any resistance he will slow down very quickly.

Jesus Is Lord

Give Thanks, Repent, and Forgive
Daps
Reppin
Christ
I always swore by calesthenics because many years ago when I stopped boxing and started lifting really heavy, it was calisthenics that had me doing crazy numbers. It gives you that extra inner strength that weights can't give. There's a reason why you see 250lb. cock diesel dudes who can't do pull ups, dips or push ups. These days I only lift light dumbells (30-50lbs.) and it's calisthenics that can have me walk into any gym at any given time and bench 405 or 20+ pull ups with ease. Calisthenics for life.

Bledswole

Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I always swore by calesthenics because many years ago when I stopped boxing and started lifting really heavy, it was calisthenics that had me doing crazy numbers. It gives you that extra inner strength that weights can't give. There's a reason why you see 250lb. cock diesel dudes who can't do pull ups, dips or push ups. These days I only lift light dumbells (30-50lbs.) and it's calisthenics that can have me walk into any gym at any given time and bench 405 or 20+ pull ups with ease. Calisthenics for life.

Why not do both thats what I do.

But it go both ways tho, I understand when ppl say they see dudes lift the gym but cant do a pullup it makes no sense, BUT dont get it twisted them dudes is still super strong and arent weak by any stretch

Daps
I do both and doing calisthenics has me much stronger at a much lower weight.

Boxing had me realize the power in calisthenics and the weakness in being a buffbody.

Im 5'9" 175 and im arguably one of the strongest people at my gym on any lift. And I gym with juiceheads and some big 6'5" 270lb all muscle type nikkas. Anybody know Richies Gym in Bushwick, Brooklyn know the breed of nikkas who work out there.

When it comes to pullups or dips, No bullshyt NOBODY is seeing me on bodyweight dip reps or weighted dips or bodyweight pullup reps or weighted pushups. Regardless of size of anybody ive seen.

And I owe all that strength gain to calisthenics.

Bledswole

Daps
Reppin
Detroit

Boxing had me realize the power in calisthenics and the weakness in being a buffbody.

Im 5'9" 175 and im arguably one of the strongest people at my gym on any lift. And I gym with juiceheads and some big 6'5" 270lb all muscle type nikkas. Anybody know Richies Gym in Bushwick, Brooklyn know the breed of nikkas who work out there.

When it comes to pullups or dips, No bullshyt NOBODY is seeing me on bodyweight dip reps or weighted dips or bodyweight pullup reps or weighted pushups. Regardless of size of anybody ive seen.

Much respect but them dudes is strong as hell 2

semtex

Daps

Yeah calisthenics give you that weird creepy strength. Back in high school it's all I did and I would hurt weightlifter dudes feelings all the time crushing them in arm wrestling with either hand. And I was like 145, barely ate at all.

Daps
Much respect but them dudes is strong as hell 2

Dont get me wrong there are dudes in there literally benching 6 plates. 6 plates each side for reps. But then they hop on the dip station with me doing weighted dips and their strength dont translate.

But to stay on topic. Calisthenics can get you strong. But it requires mental focus to for example hang there and do 70 dips when your arms were burning at 20:whew:

Bledswole

Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Dont get me wrong there are dudes in there literally benching 6 plates. 6 plates each side for reps. But then they hop on the dip station with me doing weighted dips and their strength dont translate.

But to stay on topic. Calisthenics can get you strong. But it requires mental focus to for example hang there and do 70 dips when your arms were burning at 20:whew:

Yea I fukk with calisthenics 1000000 I just lift to get the best of both worlds calisthenics gives you functional strength you need it mos def.

Daps
Yeah calisthenics give you that weird creepy strength. Back in high school it's all I did and I would hurt weightlifter dudes feelings all the time crushing them in arm wrestling with either hand. And I was like 145, barely ate at all.

I need to get on that handstand pushup and planche wave though. Cant be official til ive mastered those

Daps
Yea I fukk with calisthenics 1000000 I just lift to get the best of both worlds calisthenics gives you functional strength you need it mos def.

Dont get me wrong, technically I am a lifter. But every set I do on weights I superset with its calisthenics equivalent. My max set on weights I then max out on the calisthenics too.

Bledswole

Daps
Reppin
Detroit

I fukk wit the calisthenics x10000 it gives you functional strength shame on those who dont use it.