Cali loves the South

Patriarch

#straightblackpride
Daps
I couldn't help but think after I read this post in another thread..

nikkas just cant help but to copy Cali nikkas :myman:

This was a thread about the words "bro/bruh" Anyone with sense would know bruh has been a southern vocabulary staple since the early 90's. I even remember NY nikkas some years ago saying southern cats got "Yadig" from NY ?:rudy:

People from the bay are particularly guilty of this.
15e8uth.jpg

Gucci Mane alone inspired : Lil B , Kreayshawn , V nasty etc.
Every bay nikka got dreads and golds now , and we all know where that came from. Even Fonzarelli got dreads now.

Soulja_Slim_Give_2_Em_Raw.jpg

lilb_whiteflame_large.jpg

We all brothas , but if you gon claim some shyt , at least know what you talking about.

Last edited by a moderator:

Crakface

Daps
Reppin
L.A
We have relatives from the south. Cats really trippin off slang ownership. Real sad times we live in.

Patriarch

#straightblackpride
Daps
We have relatives from the south. Cats really trippin off slang ownership. Real sad times we live in.

Tryna educate these young nikkas and let em know where it all came from. 98% of black Americans can trace their roots back to the south. I'm sick of seeing people talk shyt about the south in every thread , when pretty much everything comes from the south.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
this is always comedy :pachaha:
imma fall back tho

:youngsabo:
nowadays nikkas been usin slang they heard from No Limit/ Cash Money so long they thought they made it up :stopitslime:

Daps
Reppin
i wanna hunnid and fitty thousand!
:what: the bay has never hated the south. we and the midwest were the regions that showed y'all the most love.

ya dig and bruh is not slang started by any rappers. older nikkas from back in the day was using this shyt before hip hop existed.

Patriarch

#straightblackpride
Daps
We birthed southern rap period :jawalrus:

And PUH LEEZE!

Hopsin, Kendrick lamar, Schoolboy Q, Nipsey Hussel, the south birthed them?:pachaha:

Yall cant even claim the panthers.. They all southern nikkas who moved to cali.

:what: the bay has never hated the south. we and the midwest were the regions that showed y'all the most love.

ya dig and bruh is not slang started by any rappers. older nikkas from back in the day was using this shyt before hip hop existed.
Cali and the south have strong ties. I just like educating the youth. They bay LOVES the south , which is pretty much what this thread is about. I only posted rappers to show yall the environment these people came from. I cant post an audio clip of an average magnolia nikka in 1992 , show I use rappers to emphasize this.