Busta goes on tirade at Essence about the audience being on their phones and not standing up, still got fruity pants and fat

Solomon Lurke

My Boys Dey Be Lurkin...
Daps
Reppin
The Shadows
Cell phones really killed the concert experience for me. Typically just a bunch of people standing there with phones up recording and not actually experiencing what’s happening. I’ve been to 100s of shows in my life and witness the decline over time. If I feel that way, I can only imagine what some of these artist feel while performing now.

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker

rasputia babble

200w.gif

how u doin

Treblemaka

President, BYNKRadio.com (Retired)
Daps
Reppin
Black Empowerment
Everyone: *Buys tickets so act will come perform*

Fat NY legend rap Breh: Yall not doing what I want! Make me feel like yall care! This my first time here!

Breh sounding like a whack stripper at a house party and dressed like an extra at a Rio carnival.
You already got paid dude, the crowd is older, Essencefest 2024 ain't Summer Jam '98, shut your entitled ass up.

Erykah Badu ain't never had trouble getting crowd pop at the festival, there's a reason you aren't the closer.

Last edited:

African Peasant

Veteran
Daps
Cell phones really killed the concert experience for me. Typically just a bunch of people standing there with phones up recording and not actually experiencing what’s happening. I’ve been to 100s of shows in my life and witness the decline over time. If I feel that way, I can only imagine what some of these artist feel while performing now.
Cellphones killed a lot of good stuff :francis:

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Couple things......

Busta Rhymes never performed in New Orleans before? That seems very odd.

2nd, essence festival crowd is older. I don't buy tickets to any concert where I don't have an assigned seat. I want a seat and I expect to use said seat.

3rd, I agree on the phones. Why pay all that money to see someone perform, only to watch them through your phone.

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
Yeah man, it was getting to the point where I was having to watch concerts through peoples phone or iPad, I’d be like “WHO TF BRINGS AN IPAD TO A CONCERT!!”:dahell: Friends back in my hometown streaming the whole damn show on Facebook. I was able to see damn near the whole 85 South show that came through Augusta on a phone with shytty quality thanks to a Facebook friend :deadrose:

With that being said, Busta need to chill, He be up there doing anything these days lol. He need to be glad people want to record him in 2024. Just do your show man, nobody is going to stop recording just because you said so