Business Insider: 'Halo Infinite' struggling

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A big reason why the gameplay feels dated is because they didn't really add anything new outside the grapple. They need to double down on the whole sandbox concept of Halo imo. Theres a lot of ideas Halo can borrow from Apex Legends.

I think this was a big reason I ended up uninstalling this. The gameplay was solid, but it felt very much like something I would've played in the early 2000s. I'm sure that was like comfort food for people who've been with the series this entire time, but I can also see how there were plenty of people trying it out for the first time that said this wasn't for them. Combine that with fumbling the expectations of this as an ongoing game, and this result isn't that hard to believe.

Chef

All Star
Daps
It’s a lack of content that’s hurting them. They don’t have the manpower for a live service game. People lol’d at the Bungie buyout, they are not perfect but their seasonal content is very good for what was an independent developer at the time.

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
The gameplay is fine. Let's not get ahead of ourselves now lol. It just needs more content. If they dropped a forge mode with preset classic Halo maps added to the matchmaking queue that would solve a big problem right away.

Pretty much. Games trying to match CoD got tiring. At the least, HI has vintage Halo nailed down. The combat felt good...

... then the bugs and lack of content. :francis: The awful pricing tiers. The smugness from the higher ups over what direction the game should go.

I think I should give SplitGate a try. :jbhmm:

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
So MCC briefly passed Infinite on steam charts earlier today.

now Infinite is ahead again by a couple hundred players

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It’s a lack of content that’s hurting them. They don’t have the manpower for a live service game. People lol’d at the Bungie buyout, they are not perfect but their seasonal content is very good for what was an independent developer at the time.
Say what you want about Bungie but Destiny laid the blueprint. There’s a lot to do and gear to chase which is my thing. Plus the gunplay is near perfect imo. Halo isn’t a looter shooter so with a battle pass what kinda rewards would there be? I never played any of the other fps games with a battle pass so in my ignorance what would you get? Shader and armor pieces? That sounds boring to me:yeshrug:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Say what you want about Bungie but Destiny laid the blueprint. There’s a lot to do and gear to chase which is my thing. Plus the gunplay is near perfect imo. Halo isn’t a looter shooter so with a battle pass what kinda rewards would there be? I never played any of the other fps games with a battle pass so in my ignorance what would you get? Shader and armor pieces? That sounds boring to me:yeshrug:

just sounds like they didn't plan it out in detail and just wanted to jump in on the money wave that Fortnite and Warzone are doing figuring that the Halo name would be enough. Figure out the rest later. Wasn't a good idea with the lack of content.