Burkina Faso,Mali & Guinea express solidarity w/ Niger🇳🇪 and warn that ANY military intervention against Niger is a DECLARATION OF WAR | Algeria joins

Payday23

Superstar
Daps
Let's see how this unfolds. I hope we get to see what happens when the west just leaves countries alone. Just fukking leave them alone. Let them do their own thing. Let them make their own trade deals.

Sometimes I really wish I could go back in time and prevent Europeans and Asians from ever stepping foot in the continent to see what would happen.
If it's not the west meddling it's the East in Russia and China. One day someone will unite all the countries. Unfortunately that is not now

karim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Someone in this thread argued that Paul Kagame isn’t a Western puppet despite 40 per cent of his national budget stemming from Western aid

It will never be well with that one :mjlol:
That was me and the last time you made that argument you claimed it was 60%. This just tells me you don't know what the fukk you are talking about :mjlol:

KGlock

All Star
Daps
Wow. Even Senegal.
I get to live in the time period where the motherland starts to wake up and revolt against these thieving parasitic crakkas. WATTBA

Yv2O.gif

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You think theyre willing to die to protect a dude who was protecting his job?
I don't understand your question? If ECOWAS didn't get involved in the coups in Mali, Guinea and Burkina Faso then it is crazy for them to involve themselves in Niger.

These coups are clearly directed at the French. There was also an attempted coup in Ivory Coast a year or two ago. So that leaves Senegal, Ivory Coaast, Togo and Cameroon as the clear next targets in West Africa. Who is behind them is up for debate.

Payday23

Superstar
Daps
Most of francophone west africa might fall like dominoes to military coup de tat. ECOWAS is rightfully scared. It’s a new era in west africa and freedom and true sovereignty is really going to happen. The people demand it. And this time there’s nothing France, The US or its puppet states can do about it. It has already spread to 4 countries, and it’s growing
Think the world's largest military and #1 government agency that has overthrown countless countries won't be able to do it again. Especially when $ and resources are at stake. No one pays attention to history until long after it is written and they never learn.

Scientific Playa

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Championships
I get to live in the time period where the motherland starts to wake up and revolt against these thieving parasitic crakkas. WATTBA

Yv2O.gif

Fam is getting there.
I read this news early this morning and it upset me on two fronts. Nigeria cut the power to Niger (seemingly to appease the west) and at the same time millions of Nigerians don't have adequate power for themselves 24/7.

Niger power blackouts blamed on coup sanctions​

_130615078_generalabdourahmanetiani.png.webp

General Abdourahmane Tiani was declared the new head of state following last week's military coup
By Tchima Illa Issoufou & James Gregory
BBC News, Niamey & London

Major cities in Niger are facing rolling blackouts following last week's coup in the West African country.
The power shortages are a result of Nigeria cutting supplies to its northern neighbour, Niger's electricity company Nigelec says.

West African trade bloc Ecowas has put sanctions on Niger, but has not said if these include electricity supplies.
Ecowas defence chiefs are meeting in Nigeria to discuss a potential military intervention to roll back the coup.
On Sunday, West African leaders gave Niger's military junta a week to give up power or face possible military consequences.
Speaking on Wednesday, Abdel-Fatau Musah, Ecowas commissioner for political affairs, peace and security, said an armed intervention would be a "last resort". But he insisted that the bloc had to "prepare for the eventuality".

Ecowas has vowed to end the wave of coups that has plagued West Africa's Sahel region in recent years. With this in mind, Mr Musah said there was "a need to demonstrate that we cannot only bark, but can bite".
The ruling military juntas in Mali and Burkina Faso have warned Ecowas against any intervention in Niger, insisting any military action against the new regime would also be tantamount to a "declaration of war" against them. They did not send their defence chiefs to the Ecowas meeting in Nigeria's capital, Abuja
European countries are currently evacuating its citizens from Niger.
Residents living in the cities of Niamey, Maradi and Zinder have power for about an hour at a time before it is switched off for up to five hours.

Power cuts like these are unusual in Niger, which normally has regular and reliable supplies.

But the country is heavily dependent on its wealthier neighbour to the south, Nigeria, as its main supplier of electricity. In 2019, Nigelec's chief executive told the Ideas For Development outlet that Niger relied on Abuja for up to 70% of its electricity supply.

The Transmission Company of Nigeria has declined to comment on the power cuts in Niger.
But an anonymous source told the BBC the supply to Niger was cut on Tuesday following a presidential directive.
Niger's democratically elected President Mohamed Bazoum was overthrown in a military coup last week by his own presidential guards who stood watch outside his palace.

The constitution was suspended and Gen Abdourahmane Tchiani, chief of the presidential guard, was installed as the head of state.
The military government has now announced the reopening of Niger's borders with Algeria, Burkina Faso, Libya, Mali and Chad. Its borders with Nigeria remain closed.

A delegation from Ecowas - the Economic Community of West African States - arrived in Niger's capital, Niamey, on Wednesday as mediation continues following the coup. It is led by Nigeria's former military head of state, Gen Abdulsalami Abubakar, who oversaw that country's transition from military rule to democracy in 1999.

Nigeria's most senior Muslim leader, the Sultan of Sokoto, Muhammadu Sa'adu Abubakar III, is also reported to be part of the team. He also wields huge influence in Niger, part of which used to be in the Sokoto Caliphate, a powerful kingdom before colonial rule.
Evacuation flights have now started to arrive in Europe. Some 262 French citizens touched down in Paris early on Wednesday amid anti-French sentiment in the country.

The coup has prompted demonstrations against the former colonial power, with the French embassy coming under attack.
France says it has no plans to repatriate about 1,000 French soldiers stationed there as part of efforts to counter Islamist militants.
Additional reporting by Nkechi Ogbonna in Lagos

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
That was me and the last time you made that argument you claimed it was 60%. This just tells me you don't know what the fukk you are talking about :mjlol:

Oh, so you’ve climbed out of your rock?

Look at this one!

The fact that I knew that a substantial proportion of Rwandan budget is foreign and you didn’t exposes you for the ignoramus that you are.

You’re not even African
:mjlol:

Do you even know where Niger is?

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Think the world's largest military and #1 government agency that has overthrown countless countries won't be able to do it again. Especially when $ and resources are at stake. No one pays attention to history until long after it is written and they never learn.
Using your own thought process then you are not seeing history either. Those francophone West Africans had a history long before France got there. They remember it and they have passed it along to successive generations. Hell the French have only been in that region a little over 100 years, but the history of the Mande influenced area go all the way back to Ticitt Walata which is over 3000 years old.

Bonk

God’s Son
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
In Da 15th

He raised valid points. They can’t allow another Libya in that axis & Nigeria needs to fall back.

Anyway, I don’t think Nigeria will intervene militarily & I’ve my reasons. The sabre-rattling is most likely a carrot & stick approach.

Nigeria will be doomed if it dares intervene & it will start something that will engulf & consume Nigeria as well.