Bungie working on multiple games with Sony

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Would be a waste for them to work on a single player game. If you’re gonna buy the makers of genre-defining IPs like Halo & Destiny, you probably want them pumping out multiplayer and live service games, especially since they need to bolster their multiplayer catalog

If anything it’d be a primarily multiplayer focused game with a short single player campaign

Seriously though, how did MS fumble acquiring Bungie?
:what:
Seemed like a layup.

Prior to the Sony deal Bungie was already trying to dip into movies/entertainment with their IPs so the Sony deal makes sense with the resources they have there

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'd rather them make a new shooter. I'd like to see what else they can do that isn't necessarily Destiny/Halo. A good third person shooter would be nice. There's hardly any great TPS out.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Unless you think they’re making multiple destiny clones, which would be a very meach thing to argue about
It won’t be a “destiny clone” but it damn sure won’t be a movie game.

Will be multiplayer focused with the ability to play solo like 99.9% of all other “live service” games.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I'd rather them make a new shooter. I'd like to see what else they can do that isn't necessarily Destiny/Halo. A good third person shooter would be nice. There's hardly any great TPS out.

They def need to do another non-destiny shooter. I feel like its too hard for new people to get into it now

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Meanwhile Halo is in shambles.

e1itedeath-destiny.gif

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Are these all Bungie games? Or are they also going to be leveraging Bungie's expertise to ensure that other Sony IP's online modes are A1 moving forward?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Are these all Bungie games? Or are they also going to be leveraging Bungie's expertise to ensure that other Sony IP's online modes are A1 moving forward?

Bungie is primarily working on their own shyt, they will be assisting the live service operations of Playstation Studios though, so both.

I think Bungie itself has like 4 games in production with one of them being in collaboration with NetEase or one of those companies

Fanservice

Bih call me senpai
Daps
Anything mp focused and fun would be fine with me. A good mp focused exclusive is the only thing Sony really lacks at this point.

The only thing I’ve done with my ps+ sub in the past year is use it to play Dead By Daylight online and collect the monthly games.