Building a man cave....

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
Just finished my basement so im making a man cave starting this week, and seeing if you guys know where to get some deals. I found a tv i like for the price (Sharp - 50" Class (49.7" Diag.) - LED - 1080p - Smart - HDTV Roku TV - Black) if u know of anybetter deals tho let me know (not looking to spend more than 550/6) but im looking for a few extra things.

I need a tv stand for the tv, A shelf for my blu ray collection to be displayed. And a cabinet for the mini fridge/hard alc. plus a trusted place to buy anything else yall think ill need. Thanks brehs

Hit up avsforum.com. IT's a website for home theater junkies and they're all about passing on info on building out your system. I got my flat screen years back with a Costco membership deal.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Lookin like this as of today
SnrMEI8.jpg

Here's the link for the receiver DENON AVR-X3000 7.2 4K Networking Receiver AirPlay
Here's the thing, do i really need a receiver with Wifi, Bluetooth, all these extra features that I'll probably never use? Probably not, just an HQ unit that just puts out great, quality sound and none of that other unnecessary shyt. Even if its an older model. I know I may be held back by my speakers but at the moment, something that will pair nicely with them will due.

'ppreciate the help.

First off shop around breh. You can get that receiver for way cheaper. Here it is on NewEgg for $500. I usually check Google Shopping first when buying electronics. I'm not familiar with Pioneer speakers so I'm assuming you've done your research. I have Polk speakers and I like them a lot. I know Klipsch is a good brand as well.

But if you get the receiver from that Amazon link you should be around 2000. Throw in a console if you ain't got one and setup Kodi/XBMC and you finna be eatin real good breh :blessed:

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
First off shop around breh. You can get that receiver for way cheaper. Here it is on NewEgg for $500. I usually check Google Shopping first when buying electronics. I'm not familiar with Pioneer speakers so I'm assuming you've done your research. I have Polk speakers and I like them a lot. I know Klipsch is a good brand as well.

But if you get the receiver from that Amazon link you should be around 2000. Throw in a console if you ain't got one and setup Kodi/XBMC and you finna be eatin real good breh :blessed:

slickdeals +avsforum is the GOAT combo if you have time to shop and aren't trying to do everything in a weekend.

TRFG

Not who you think
Daps
say brehs, how does a projector work out in a living room? can i be able to watch TV during the day?

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
@bdizzle

finally got it up and goin a few weeks ago...we are getting a projector at some point cause my buddy just moved in and wants one anyways, got a whole other half of basement to fill...but I got this tv

Sony - BRAVIA - 50" Class (49-1/2" Diag.) - LED - 1080p - Smart - 3D - HDTV

Sony - BRAVIA - 50" Class (49-1/2" Diag.) - LED - 1080p - Smart - 3D - HDTV

and a basic tv stand, I had all the other stuff like a ps4 wii u, xbox 360 etc....got a sony soundbar just cause....eventually Ill get a real surround sound....im good tho for a while....thanks for all the help

I know i need to clean up the cables a bit, but im happy with it for now....3d on this tv is great.....

KevCo

Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
I basically have a man cave as well. full basement plus an office down here to myself with a full bathroom. I have showed these pics before. I gotta get an entertainment center cuz I got wires everywhere. I still haven't taken a shower upstairs :russ:

smtAHYC.jpg

WEAyUpr.jpg

tilOwr8.jpg

3D47CPl.jpg

ZgSM1j9.jpg

Wpd8PBM.jpg

hcGbBhR.jpg
think I seen those pics, good shyt breh...

KevCo

Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
I got an extra room in my new crib. How should I go about this? :gladbron:
first thing Id do is grab a TV and go from there...do it piece by piece when you have extra cash if need be. Hit up friends and fam see if anyone has an extra couch or some furniture.

PS Having a place to seclude myself while the whole family was here for the holidays :blessed:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I got an extra room in my new crib. How should I go about this? :gladbron:

are you talking about a basement or a room on the main/second floor? how much space we talking?

when we moved, I took both of our couches and put them in the basement along with my tv, and our old kitchen table since it doesn't match the floors upstairs.

we still had a sectional for our living room and put a new table in our dining room and new table in the kitchen.

so in the basement, I have two couches, and a table with 4 chairs for board games and cards and what not. and in my office space, i have a desk with an office chair along with bookcases and shyt.

so I didn't have to buy anything new. I'm looking to get a new entertainment center and bluetooth receiver to replace the one I currently have tho.

1thouwow

Poster of the Year
Daps
are you talking about a basement or a room on the main/second floor? how much space we talking?

when we moved, I took both of our couches and put them in the basement along with my tv, and our old kitchen table since it doesn't match the floors upstairs.

we still had a sectional for our living room and put a new table in our dining room and new table in the kitchen.

so in the basement, I have two couches, and a table with 4 chairs for board games and cards and what not. and in my office space, i have a desk with an office chair along with bookcases and shyt.

so I didn't have to buy anything new. I'm looking to get a new entertainment center and bluetooth receiver to replace the one I currently have tho.
2nd floor, guest room but Ima use it for my shyt lol