Bugsnax getting great reviews

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
"great" reviews:

Metro GameCentral - 6 / 10

An ambitiously odd game that has an innovative take on Pokémon style gameplay and features some of the most intriguing characters of the year – but is rarely as much fun as it should be.

Destructoid - CJ Andriessen - 7 / 10

It's been a while since I've played a game with a cast of characters that was so good it elevated the rest of the experience, but that's where I am with Bugsnax. Because they're brilliant. And the concept behind Snaktooth Island is equally brilliant. It's just the actual gameplay here, catching all those 'snax, isn't quite compelling enough to match that brilliance.

GamesBeat - Mike Minotti - 3 / 5 stars

I applaud Bugsnax’s creativity. It’s not the most stimulating puzzle game, but it’s worth checking out if you can’t get that theme song out of your head

PC Gamer - Tyler Wilde - 60 / 100

It's got well-observed characters and some genuinely weird moments, but the actual bug hunting isn't much fun.

GameSkinny - David Jagneaux - 7 / 10 stars

Bugsnax is memorable for its writing, world, and creative premise, but its more gamified elements somewhat spoil a delicious meal.

TechRaptor - Cody Peterson - 6.5 / 10

Bugsnax is a very cute game that features a diverse cast of characters, but suffers from very repetitive gameplay.

Game Informer - Matt Miller - 7 / 10

Equal parts bizarre and good-hearted, Bugsnax is a breezy sequence of encounters and puzzles, but the continual errand structure of quests starts to feel like a chore

Game Revolution - Paul Tamburro - 3 / 5 stars

Bugsnax is an enjoyably dark mystery that deftly handles mental health issues with a superbly voice acted cast of entertaining characters, despite its shortcomings as an adventure game.

GameWatcher - Bogdan Robert Mateș - 7 / 10

Bugsnax is a feel-good adventure with a lovable cast, a rich variety of tasty prey to hunt, but thoroughly unremarkable gameplay.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
"great" reviews:

An ambitiously odd game that has an innovative take on Pokémon style gameplay and features some of the most intriguing characters of the year – but is rarely as much fun as it should be.

It's been a while since I've played a game with a cast of characters that was so good it elevated the rest of the experience, but that's where I am with Bugsnax. Because they're brilliant. And the concept behind Snaktooth Island is equally brilliant. It's just the actual gameplay here, catching all those 'snax, isn't quite compelling enough to match that brilliance.

I applaud Bugsnax’s creativity. It’s not the most stimulating puzzle game, but it’s worth checking out if you can’t get that theme song out of your head

It's got well-observed characters and some genuinely weird moments, but the actual bug hunting isn't much fun.

Bugsnax is memorable for its writing, world, and creative premise, but its more gamified elements somewhat spoil a delicious meal.

Bugsnax is a very cute game that features a diverse cast of characters, but suffers from very repetitive gameplay.

Equal parts bizarre and good-hearted, Bugsnax is a breezy sequence of encounters and puzzles, but the continual errand structure of quests starts to feel like a chore

Bugsnax is an enjoyably dark mystery that deftly handles mental health issues with a superbly voice acted cast of entertaining characters, despite its shortcomings as an adventure game.

Bugsnax is a feel-good adventure with a lovable cast, a rich variety of tasty prey to hunt, but thoroughly unremarkable gameplay.

you really going out of your wayto hand pick bad reviews lol Bugsnax really got yall on your heels

Screen-Shot-2020-11-09-at-1-53-15-PM.png

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
you really going out of your way to hand pick bad reviews

I learned from Sony Stans :manny:

but I think most reviews agree the game has some good qualities, but the gameplay is "not fun", "repetitive", "unremarkable", etc

cool free game, but that's about it

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I learned from Sony Stans :manny:

but I think most reviews agree the game has some good qualities, but the gameplay is "not fun", "repetitive", "unremarkable", etc

cool free game, but that's about it

Most reviewers think its fun, hence the 79 Metacritic. Crackdown 3 is what you’re describing.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
"great" reviews:

:dead: