Budden and Ish say Kendrick is coming with a 2 pac-esque track

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
can everyone just shut the fukk up and let the song drop when it does already?

The more they do this, the more outrageous the reaction will be either way which is just gonna be annoying.

Your coming on a HIP HOP MESSAGE BOARD demanding people shut the fukk up about discussing, theorizing and predicting HIP HOP related content…

You should log out

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Your coming on a HIP HOP MESSAGE BOARD demanding people shut the fukk up about discussing, theorizing and predicting HIP HOP related content…

You should log out
I'm not talking about us, moron. I'm talking about all these content creators who wanna predict and analyze a song that hasn't been put out yet. We didn't do this with Takeover. We didn't do this with Ether. We didn't do this with Back To Back. We didn't do this with Piggybank. We didn't even do this with the Story of Adidon.

If you predicted everything Nas could have or might say on Ether, the song wouldn't have been as impactful and you know it. Let Kendrick drop it when he drops and then it's open season. All this "yo it's 2pac esque and all this shyt" is setting us up for disappointment. From Budden to Mal to Ak. Does hip-hop suck that much now that this is all they're even left to ponder?

Last edited:

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
SOHH these dudes been sneak dissing each other for a fukcing decade and now it's time to come with the shyts.

Cool.

What's all the hand wringing about?

Whoever is the nicest will prevail. Drop your tracks and let's see.

What drives me nuts is niqqas rap about being better than everyone else in every verse. Now it's time to really prove it.

This used to be simple. Let's go niqqas

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I'm not talking about us, moron. I'm talking about all these content creators who wanna predict and analyze a song that hasn't been put out yet. We didn't do this with Takeover. We didn't do this with Ether. We didn't do this Back To Back. We didn't do this with Piggybank. We didn't even do this with the Story of Adidon.

If you predicted everything Nas could have or might say on Ether, the song wouldn't have been as impactful and you know it. Let Kendrick drop it when he drops and then it's open season. All this "yo it's 2pac esque and all this shyt" is setting us up for disappointment. From Budden to Mal to Ak. Does hip-hop suck that much now that this is all they're even left to ponder?

Content creators are part of the game now. We can’t be talking about how it was back “in the day” because we’re NOT back in those times. And again, if your going to be on a HIP HOP message board your going to see all of this stuff because thats whats driving the conversation, discourse, and debate. For better or worse, artists ARE sending exclusive diss tracks straight to Akademiks. For better or worse, Ish and Joe Budden DO get some exclusive info regarding artists plans and strategies. Artists are confirmed to watch Hip Hop podcasts like Rap Roundtable, According To Hip Hop and even bullshyt like Vlad. This is the new world, welcome to it. Deal with it

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Content creators are part of the game now. We can’t be talking about how it was back “in the day” because we’re NOT back in those times. And again, if your going to be on a HIP HOP message board your going to see all of this stuff because thats whats driving the conversation, discourse, and debate. For better or worse, artists ARE sending exclusive diss tracks straight to Akademiks. For better or worse, Ish and Joe Budden DO get some exclusive info regarding artists plans and strategies. Artists are confirmed to watch Hip Hop podcasts like Rap Roundtable, According To Hip Hop and even bullshyt like Vlad. This is the new world, welcome to it. Deal with it
Ether is my favorite diss track of all time

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
SOHH these dudes been sneak dissing each other for a fukcing decade and now it's time to come with the shyts.

Cool.

What's all the hand wringing about?

Whoever is the nicest will prevail. Drop your tracks and let's see.

What drives me nuts is niqqas rap about being better than everyone else in every verse. Now it's time to really prove it.

This used to be simple. Let's go niqqas

Even Nas and Jay-Z utilized strategy when the gloves came off. When Jay allowed himself to get emotionally compromised and throw strategy out of the window, he lost. BADLY. In front of the ENTIRE world.

Ja Rule and Murda Inc didn’t utilize strategy when dealing with the onslaught 50 Cent was throwing at them. The result? Ja lost. BADLY. In front of the ENTIRE world.

Nobody wants that embarrassment. The mark of progress in any medium is learning from both the triumphs and failures of those who came before. Drake has already lost one battle on the world stage, he’s going to do what he can strategically to place himself in the best possible position to survive what is sure to be a lyrical whirlwind from Kendrick. Yes the meme’s are corny. The IG captions are lame. Sending Akademiks to be the Drizzy fanclub palm palm waiver is annoying. But it WORKS to shield Drake should Kendrick somehow drop the 2024 version of Ether. It makes him look unbothered. Like this all just a walk in park. Like HE’S desperately waiting to battle instead of ducking this very moment for the past decade. Lil Yatchy wrote an ENTIRE song for you? Who cares, he just posted Kendrick’s manager holding OVO Bags from 2017. KNOCKOUT BLOW. Lame punchlines centered on your opponents height and shoe size? Who gives a damn, he just posted a text from his mom calling a black man a racist. SCATHING.

Kendrick’s strategy has always been complete and utter silence until HE’S ready to strike. He’s like Ali taking Foreman’s best punches while utilizing the rope a dope to absorb his opponents best hits. J.Cole already folded before the first round even began. Nobody else on the artists side is stepping in to slug it out on an undercard. And the main opponent will be running out of GIFS and jokes to post on social media soon. And at THAT moment Kendrick will come roaring back with his flurry of punches. He won’t allow Drake and his cronies to bait him into some Supaugly shyt. Kendrick has mastered the art of not just being OF the moment, but CREATING the moment, standing in the storm’s eye, and demanding the storm yield to HIM.

This isn’t a game of Checkers. Its not even a game of Chess. Its a game of Go. Which can take place over several hours, days, or even months. The longest game of Go in recorded history lasted 158 days. Neither of these men want to be the Jay-Z or the Ja Rule of this battle. In a way, I respect the patience it takes NOT to say “fukk it” and run guns ablazing onto the battlefield

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
:ehh:I’m really curious to see how this plays out. Drake seems really confident like he knows something lol. Either the theories are true and Drake makes bread. Off KDot’s music on some Dre day makes EZ payday shyt. Or something to do with KDot’s wife or KDot is into some kinky shyt.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
And your the coli’s least favorite poster. Tell me something I don’t know

Cap.

You are a 47-year-old warehouse worker who spends all day arguing about rap music online.

you know how much of a clown you have to be in real life to care about something like that?

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
The Story of Adidon was 5 years ago. Joe Budden had a pod then. What they're doing is counterproductive to the anticipation of the track, and this is coming from someone who will occasionally watch NoLifeShaq or Lost In Vegas whenever something drops. I have no issue breaking down a diss track like it's Shakespeare after the fact. All this "I heard it's gonna drop on Friday and Kendrick got dirt on him and he says this and that" just sounds like people who would rather create the song themselves instead of just waiting for it. The only strategy that should be had for a diss track is to just release the song when it's ready.

Part of the effectiveness of a diss track is the suddenness in which it hits you. They're taking that out of it and exposing how shytty hip-hop discourse would be right now without this.