Bruno, Backlund, Hogan, Austin, Rock, Cena, Roman: rank them

Plus, who is the all time face of the company

• Total voters

Hey_zeus

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Deion Sanders always says the if the HOF was a house it should have levels/tiers. If the WWE was a house, the penthouse would be Austin/Rock/Hogan.

Yeah yeah respect to Bruno and Backlund and the gorund work they laid. That'll be like saying "oh even though Michael Jordan bought the NBA to another level, you still gotta give Bob Cousey the #1 spot for laying the groundwork" lmao
Cousy is a poor example as he wasn't the guy in Boston. They had him and didn't win shyt :russell:showed up. Insert Bill or Wilt into that sentence it changes everythin. Bruno MSG numbers are like 11 rings or 50 ppg. It's a better comparison

Daps
Reppin
Eagle, Colorado
S Tier
Hogan, Austin

A Tier
Reigns, Cena, Dwayne

B Tier
everyone else

I can't speak too much on the vince Sr guys outside of backlunds ross perot gimmick. Cena really kept the shyt afloat when every smart mark hated him. Reigns got it out the mud after being saddled with two bums like moxley and Rollins. The reigns run is maybe the most improbable of them all. Like wwe management wanted it to happen but he was bad.

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Reigns doing what he's doing in this era, and actually growing the business which he has, puts him on Bruno's level IMO because of the difference in the era. If there was a "days on top exchange rate" it would have to be like 3:1 to this era and 2:1 in attitude era. Austin's 527 days is like 1000.

I don't think Roman's even close. His PUSH is huge and he's done well with it, but he's not more famous and known than Brock or Cena, while Bruno defined wrestling for years and years.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
I don't think Roman's even close. His PUSH is huge and he's done well with it, but he's not more famous and known than Brock or Cena, while Bruno defined wrestling for years and years.
This title reign is more successful and entertaining than every Cena run, and thats not even close IMO. Brock is another matter, because i'd put him above both Cena and Reigns in terms of favorite or most entertaining, but we're talking about "face of the company" mostly in this thread and Brock is the face of himself and nothing else lol

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO

us, who is the all time face of the company​

• Bruno
  • Backlund
  • Terry
  • Austin
  • Rock
  • Cena
  • Reigns
  • osu
1. Cena
2. Rock
3. Hogan
4. Austin
5. Roman
6. Bruno
7. Backlund
8. Terry

1000000000000000000000. OSU fukking suck

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Roman is in the bottom half, ya need to chill
it took 7 years, a heel turn and Paul Heyman to finally get him in this sort of conversation

i love the tribal chief gimmick, that dosnt excuse
Sufferin Sucotash Blue Eyes Big Dog Roman Reigns

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
S Tier
Hogan, Austin

A Tier
Reigns, Cena, Dwayne

B Tier
everyone else

I can't speak too much on the vince Sr guys outside of backlunds ross perot gimmick. Cena really kept the shyt afloat when every smart mark hated him. Reigns got it out the mud after being saddled with two bums like moxley and Rollins. The reigns run is maybe the most improbable of them all. Like wwe management wanted it to happen but he was bad.
Lol

Bugzbunny129

All Star
Daps
Hulk
Bruno
Rock
Cena

Yall overrating reigns in here. Big time. Product means less than ever. Dominant champ sure. But his era is not even close to then. Hell have to be champ twice as long to make a dent.

Austins run was short but sweet. Had rock not overtaken him and became biggest star in world, itd be him. But rock did.

Cena held it down. He deserves that spot. Cena is to reigns what hulk was to austin/rock/bret.

FluffyEyes

Mrs. Boss Lady
Daps
Hogan-the face of the Golden Age of WWF and the elevation of wrestling to the mainstream.

Austin-the face of the Attitude Era and his rise brought the WWE out of a creative and financial slump in the late 90s as well as even more mainstream attention.

Bruno-laid the foundation for all faces that came after.

Rock-held down WWF in the absence of Austin, elevating even further and has the most transcendent career beyond wrestling.

Backlund- decent enough champion and the prototype for white meat babyfaces.

Cena-the champion the WWE needed during a tough, transitional period in the business. Not the one that would set place on fire through storylines but serviceable and uncontroversial.

Reigns- I mean he's very handsome.

TRIPLE M

This is Where the Power Lies
Daps
It’s hogan or Austin
Those two are the faces most synonymous in the two boom periods so depending on which is you’re era you would side with that one
You could say either is one and you wouldn’t be wrong it’s that neck and neck